What's new

Koichi Sugiyama states that the 8f of Input lag is Intentional

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
8 frames is way too much to make netplay smooth. I'm pretty sure 2 or 3 would be enough. MKX has only 3 frames of built-in lag for that doesn't it?

My reactions already suck, and when 8 more frames are added on top of it... I just can never react to advancing moves even from half a screen away. Shit like slides and Bison's bicycle kick or Alex's dash punch are just free damage against me, even from a far distance.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
8 frames is way too much to make netplay smooth. I'm pretty sure 2 or 3 would be enough. MKX has only 3 frames of built-in lag for that doesn't it?

My reactions already suck, and when 8 more frames are added on top of it... I just can never react to advancing moves even from half a screen away. Shit like slides and Bison's bicycle kick or Alex's dash punch are just free damage against me, even from a far distance.
Capcom: git gud

lol

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I don't understand the big deal I really can't notice it. I AA 100x better on SFV than I do on MKX, and my character has shitty anti airs

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

MKX has 6 frames of natural latency + 3 frames for online play. Basically SFV offline is like playing MKX with the 3f offline setting on.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

First, I love that you're back on TYM.

Next, you play PC. If I recall correctly you can get rid of that lag (unless you're looking to play competitively - in that case don't lol) by disabling vsync or something. I'm not sure exactly what you do, you can google it, but there is a thing PC users can do to not have that additional 2 or 3 frames of lag.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Most games have a base of 5 frames of lag. Generally you don't get titles that have less.

So really sfv only suffers from 3 extra frames of lag offline. Which is still enough to make a huge difference at the highest level.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
I don't understand the big deal I really can't notice it. I AA 100x better on SFV than I do on MKX, and my character has shitty anti airs
SFV normals are a lot faster and have better hitboxes than MK normals, so of course it's easier to anti-air in SFV. That has nothing to do with lag.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
First, I love that you're back on TYM.

Next, you play PC. If I recall correctly you can get rid of that lag (unless you're looking to play competitively - in that case don't lol) by disabling vsync or something. I'm not sure exactly what you do, you can google it, but there is a thing PC users can do to not have that additional 2 or 3 frames of lag.
The game looks very ugly with Vsync turned off. You'll get tears all over the screen.