What's new

KOH advice

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
OK, so I have been actively trying to not use uppercuts at all, and now the game is losing a lot of its charm.

I honestly think there is a level of satisfaction in performing that move that it is irreplaceable with anything else.

In fact, the one thing that made me consider Injustice as something legit is the presence of that attack.

I know I must retire my love for it, but I would go as far as to say that it is my favorite thing about the game, it is the one thing that makes me like the game more than Street Fighter. Not even the fatalities can take its place.

I like the dragon punch on Street Fighter, but it is not near as satisfying as the uppercut in Mortal Kombat for some reason.

I didn't recognize this until now. Like some people say, you don't know what you have until you lose it. The whole thing of not doing it is making me appreciate it like never before.

It sucks it can make you lose, but it also sucks not having it. It's basically like a U2 song, you can't live with or without it.

I would also add normal attacks are bomb. If you can win solely relying on specials and normal attacks you have my respect.

I understand you are basically putting a rope around your neck, but that's also what makes it more tight and admirable.
D2’s can still be useful, just not in every situation like you were using it. It’s useful as an anti air, can be useful to punish throws, or as a quick punish on a negative string if you REALLY want to keep using it,but there are typically options that lead to more damage than a d2 in most situations.

You’re obviously not playing competitively so if doing a lot of d2s lets you enjoy the game more I say go for it, it’s all just for fun anyway :p

D2’s can still be useful, just not in every situation like you were using it. It’s useful as an anti air, can be useful to punish throws, or as a quick punish on a negative string if you REALLY want to keep using it,but there are typically options that lead to more damage than a d2 in most situations.

You’re obviously not playing competitively so if doing a lot of d2s lets you enjoy the game more I say go for it, it’s all just for fun anyway :p
Excellent points. I don't thing using D2s is my problem, instead my problem is using them all the time randomly out of nowhere.

At the same time, I also think a level of randomness makes the game more fun.

So I need to find a balance between the two.

Last edited: