What's new

Knicks Vs P2w Where does Darkseid stand?

Damn 3 hour set ended in a disconnect.

Not sure what the score was but I know I ran away with it after the first 10. I wish every TYM beef resulted in a long set.

Lets play more tomorrow Basics.
alright ggs tweedy. after playing such a high level superman i still dont know the mu it might be just cuz im bad. the disconnect was for the best i have eaten all day lol

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
I mean when you played me you didnt even use darkseid so idk y that even means anything. its not like you destroyed me it came down to the last like 100 damage when you used one of the best characters in the game. Im not saying youre not good (unlike you) im just saying that I would play the mu differently and i think I could do better in the mu. I could be completely wrong tho and i never said darkseid didnt lose the mu.
Dude you lost with darkseid to my day 1 batman.....

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
The results are as expected. Playing To Win and I have not played the Darkseid and Deadshot match in a very long time so I am not surprised that he started off slow but ended up winning 12 consecutive games as he began reacting to the teleport more consistently. I dropped Darkseid as a main character because of Playing To Win, who encouraged me to switch to Red Hood. I have seen much, much better results ever since.

I do not intend to beat a dead horse because I have already discussed my opinion on Darkseid on the most recent Player 1 Advantage podcast. The character is mid tier in this version of the game. I am certain he will be better, albeit not by much, in the following patch that will be released next week. If you have a good understanding of the game, you realize that Darkseid cannot possibly be top tier. As you stated yourself, a character with garbage normal attacks can simply not be a top tier character in this game.
What me and p2w discussed really and what he said about Darkseid and why his opinion of him was bad was because he plays deadshot there is really no other character that can zone darkseid like deadshot can, for example against fate who has the second best zoning atm darkseid can mix him, punish zoning and trade cant do that against deadshot, same against other zoners, the only other bad mus usually are beacause darkseid simply cant keep a character out long enough for trait stalls etc such as flash and wowo who get in very easily against Darkseid, or like supergirl. Personally i think hes in the lower part of the top 10 and will stay about the same next patch so hes like high mid. Also Dave you are a great player obvi, but when i watch you play darkseid you dont really use the mix, or enforce it enough when you play him, you zone way too much like you are playing zod or something but darkseid needs to mix to be effective his zoning just isnt scary without the mix.

Tweedy

Noob
alright ggs tweedy. after playing such a high level superman i still dont know the mu it might be just cuz im bad. the disconnect was for the best i have eaten all day lol
If you think i'm gonna air dash walking minion, just shoot me with an omega beam. Also go for more grabs instead of d1s after jump 3s on block. You were doing a decent job zoning with instant omegas but they weren't instant enough. If you do an instant into a grounded one I can't laser you, but if you do grounded into grounded or too high into grounded I can.

I was d2ing your hurtbox on your jump 3, so to counteract that you can stomp really early and whiff punish me.

Your mind games with punishing my lasers with teleport into d1 knee were good, but d1 knee isn't going to win you games unless you land a ton of them. Maybe you should have mixed me once you got the massive frame advantage in that situation, or even S1 punished. This is more of a suggestion than a tip because what you were doing was working pretty well.

If you think i'm gonna air dash walking minion, just shoot me with an omega beam. Also go for more grabs instead of d1s after jump 3s on block. You were doing a decent job zoning with instant omegas but they weren't instant enough. If you do an instant into a grounded one I can't laser you, but if you do grounded into grounded or too high into grounded I can.

I was d2ing your hurtbox on your jump 3, so to counteract that you can stomp really early and whiff punish me.

Your mind games with punishing my lasers with teleport into d1 knee were good, but d1 knee isn't going to win you games unless you land a ton of them. Maybe you should have mixed me once you got the massive frame advantage in that situation, or even S1 punished. This is more of a suggestion than a tip because what you were doing was working pretty well.
yea i stopped going for grabs after j3 because everytime i did no matter how random you would jumped it.
I know about the omega beam game decently well i feel. The problem really was i was worried about the mb roll full combo punish and just your db3s.

Tweedy

Noob
yea i stopped going for grabs after j3 because everytime i did no matter how random you would jumped it.
I know about the omega beam game decently well i feel. The problem really was i was worried about the mb roll full combo punish and just your db3s.
Yeah Knicks throws 24/7 so I jump out randomly a lot after jump 3s. The few times you went for a grab I just happened to jump lol. Just bad luck I suppose.

Wtf lol breh my point is you lost to my day 1 batman, look im not saying you are bad i already said ur pretty okay, i just think personally you wont do well against p2w you can play him if you want like i said.
yea but you keep making me out to be bad and i dont think im that terrible.
when you say stuff like, "Dude you let me get in for free, didnt anti air me and just used gimmicks lol" i think youre saying i play terribly and gimmicky. ie: not good.
Also whats the point in saying no offense when clearly itll offend

I dont understand, i never said i was better than knicks I just wanted to see how i did vs p2w
You misunderstood me, I was just referring to the credibility of your argument, I admire your willingness to play with the best. But what the rest of the Darkseid players in this tread are saying is we value Knick's MU description/numbers over yours because of his accomplishments and the level of play.

You misunderstood me, I was just referring to the credibility of your argument, I admire your willingness to play with the best. But what the rest of the Darkseid players in this tread are saying is we value Knick's MU description/numbers over yours because of his accomplishments and the level of play.
and im fine with that, but it shouldnt just be an echo chamber of whatever knicks says. there are other darkseids. we dont just go to king for whatever MUs he thinks batman wins and loses

and im fine with that, but it shouldnt just be an echo chamber of whatever knicks says. there are other darkseids. we dont just go to king for whatever MUs he thinks batman wins and loses
Indeed, however, Knick's MU numbered are credited by his performance, character knowledge and his competition. He isn't just stating things for their sake and we are not just agreeing with him as sheep. We are just using his background and coming to an agreement because of our own opinions and assessments.

E

Eldriken

yea but you keep making me out to be bad and i dont think im that terrible.
when you say stuff like, "Dude you let me get in for free, didnt anti air me and just used gimmicks lol" i think youre saying i play terribly and gimmicky. ie: not good.
Also whats the point in saying no offense when clearly itll offend
It will only offend if you allow it to do so. I didn't take what he said as you being an overall gimmicky player, just that you used gimmicks a lot. Maybe it's harsh crtiticism, but it's constructive (take it as an opportunity to look back on what you did that caused him to say that and maybe try changing it) and that's how it should have been taken, not as offensive.

Like I said: it's your choice to be offended. Why sweat the small shit anyway?

It will only offend if you allow it to do so. I didn't take what he said as you being an overall gimmicky player, just that you used gimmicks a lot. Maybe it's harsh crtiticism, but it's constructive (take it as an opportunity to look back on what you did that caused him to say that and maybe try changing it) and that's how it should have been taken, not as offensive.

Like I said: it's your choice to be offended. Why sweat the small shit anyway?
I feel that I almost never use gimmicks tho so it just seemed like it was meant to demean me. Online darkseids use gimmicks thats what I think of when i hear gimmicks. also thats not what constructive criticism is