What's new

Klassic Skin - Race Against Time Reward

Stanlos

Noob
Are they offering her metal shiny skins or her revenant armour but with the living Princess in it? I missed those seasons

Last edited:
Not yet, right now it’s just her MK2 one. I missed all of the previous KL rewards, the MK2 skin, and the story mode skin (which was in a Krypt Event) so I’m hella salty. I’m making sure I at least get this one lol

Stanlos

Noob
I feared as much. I don't understand why they (NRS) don't make past season KL gear appear as rewards in Race Against Time or other towers rather than MRS offering the exact same rewards and putting a check Mark by it.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I kinda wanna work for it but I hate towers. I might let the AI do it.

Stanlos

Noob
Is the story mode costume and Delia mask ever offered in Race Against Time? Or fo the Krypt Event #3 still happen?

Art Lean

Noob
Is the story mode costume and Delia mask ever offered in Race Against Time? Or fo the Krypt Event #3 still happen?
I believe the Krypt Event rewards are still entirely restricted to the golden Kronika spheres sadly. I don't believe I've seen any of them offered in either the store or the Race Against Time.

This is the next Krypt Event that will be occurring, actually, either this week or next. Krypt Events 1 through 11, I believe, are constantly repeating now.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I wish they would make this skin in gobs of colors and patterns. pink. leppard print. anyhow. those who need it...your life is now. why they put this and young justice liu kang behind these events yet plastered them all over promos was silly! BTW...I think the fans that just look like regular fans which I think are on her kombat pack sundress pack or whatever really go great with this skin.

Art Lean

Noob
Not that I need it... but they've gone back to only announcing these only via Twitter, for some of the most sought-after classic yet rare items in the game? That's so disgraceful for fans who would only think to look on the Notifications page in the game. :coffee:

Not that I need it... but they've gone back to only announcing these only via Twitter, for some of the most sought-after classic yet rare items in the game? That's so disgraceful for fans who would only think to look on the Notifications page in the game. :coffee:
The moderators on the official Discord announce it as well as soon as they see it's gone live (as they're not given advance notice either).

Art Lean

Noob
The moderators on the official Discord announce it as well as soon as they see it's gone live (as they're not given advance notice either).
Whilst I do appreciate those on Discord in their efforts in making it a bit more known to the fans, I still don't think any player of any game should be expected to be monitoring external social media accounts in order to unlock highly desired items in a game that only appear once a year for one day (whilst being heavily flaunted in the single player story). Especially in speaking for myself as an "older" demographic of gamer (I'm 40, I don't consider myself old, but know I'm not the key demographic anymore), I don't involve myself with any social media of that kind nor even think to, so I find it a very unsavoury and unfair practice, especially when the game has a built-in notifications page that should always be, and has been previously used, for that very purpose.

That said, whilst I've enjoyed having so many years to unlock so much in MK11; as I've stated before, playing 'dress-up' in the game with all my customised characters has been a game in itself, I do however think the one-day golden vault events were a disgusting practice, especially considering they were housing so much of the classic gear, like Jax's arms and Liu's MK2 skin. Stick some semi-desirable stuff in there to make them satisfying to own, but don't stick in skins and gear that many people will be gagging to unlock but are helpless to for months on end.

Last edited:
Whilst I do appreciate those on Discord in their efforts in making it a bit more known to the fans, I still don't think any player of any game should be expected to be monitoring external social media accounts in order to unlock highly desired items in a game that only appear once a year for one day (whilst being heavily flaunted in the single player story). Especially in speaking for myself as an "older" demographic of gamer (I'm 40, I don't consider myself old, but know I'm not the key demographic anymore), I don't involve myself with any social media of that kind nor even think to, so I find it a very unsavoury and unfair practice, especially when the game has a built-in notifications page that should always be, and has been previously used, for that very purpose.

That said, whilst I've enjoyed having so many years to unlock so much in MK11; as I've stated before, playing 'dress-up' in the game with all my customised characters has been a game in itself, I do however think the one-day golden vault events were a disgusting practice, especially considering they were housing so much of the classic gear, like Jax's arms and Liu's MK2 skin. Stick some semi-desirable stuff in there to make them satisfying to own, but don't stick in skins and gear that many people will be gagging to unlock but are helpless to for months on end.
Oh, agreed. I'm not keen on the way skins and gear were handled in this game. I don't hate it, mind you, but I'm not a fan of it. With the current system, I think they should have had at the least a full shop showing everything with the option to buy it with real cash, Time Krystals, or other in-game currency. I know they avoided this very thing though due to backlash regarding mircrotransactions.

Personally, I prefer the basic Skin system from the previous two modern games. Just let me select a general Skin at character select and I'm good to go. I do like how DLC characters now have different skins though.

On an aside, I'm older than you :(. We're not old though, we're middle aged.

Art Lean

Noob
FYI found a gold Kronika vault behind Shang Tsung's throne today. Not sure what bundle it is as I've already had them all, so only got coins, and hasn't appeared to have been announced from what I can see, but jump on it if you still need any.

Don't really know why I went for a walk around the Krypt either :confused:

FYI found a gold Kronika vault behind Shang Tsung's throne today. Not sure what bundle it is as I've already had them all, so only got coins, and hasn't appeared to have been announced from what I can see, but jump on it if you still need any.

Don't really know why I went for a walk around the Krypt either :confused:
It's a Krypt Event for Shao Kahn Wanton Violence Helmet and Master of the Lower Mines Skin. Krypt Events seem to only get announced through Ed Boon's Twitter now: