What's new

Klassic Frost (Aftermath Pre-Order Bonus) Available in the Premium Shop for 24 Hours!

Art Lean

Noob
If they're going to have skins like this in the store.....where is the KL skins so people can buy those after the season ends if they don't wanna bother with it.
Totally agree, only really want the Kitana one with her hair buns in her revenant armour, it's ridiculous that they've never been reissued.

It's like they don't want to make more money from muppets like me who are happy to pay???

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
If they're going to have skins like this in the store.....where is the KL skins so people can buy those after the season ends if they don't wanna bother with it.
KL skins have "accomplishments" associated with them, so I'd guess it would be less likely to see alternative ways of getting them.

There is a particular Kitana skin I apparently picked up on PS4 that I would like on PC so I'd still like there to be a way to get them

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Totally agree, only really want the Kitana one with her hair buns in her revenant armour, it's ridiculous that they've never been reissued.

It's like they don't want to make more money from muppets like me who are happy to pay???
it surprises me they don't just make a revenant reborn megapack or something that you can just straight up purchase for all of the revenants and then if you don't want them or prefer to wait for them to appear as a krypt event or in the premium shop like this then you can wait. I'm only going by my experience with MMOs and such but usually if you miss out on getting something in the event they later retire it and you have to straight up buy it. I know FFXXIV does this.

Anyhow. also worth noting is that the aftermath collection is already price dropped at Walmart in the US and you can see which stores nearby have it in stock. and I don't know if stuff has changed as I have not bought any games there in a couple years but usually their pre-order stuff would have the codes inside the initial shipments. so you can get it for 50 dollars. plus tax of course.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
KL skins have "accomplishments" associated with them, so I'd guess it would be less likely to see alternative ways of getting them.

There is a particular Kitana skin I apparently picked up on PS4 that I would like on PC so I'd still like there to be a way to get them
People paid money to get those skins with Aftermath. The KL skins are free so there's no real comparison. I've gotten almost every skin I want through playing KL, but it wouldn't hurt if they made some kind of very hard difficulty challenge tower type things for offline or put them in the store. It's just really frustrating because I personally don't wanna play ranked. I've gotten demigod and gotten the skins in almost every season other than this because it's just tiring. I never play ranked in NRS games because whether it's MK9, Injustice, MKX etc it just invites you to be subjected to toxicity and I don't want my inbox blown up or other stuff.

I don't wanna deal with the wifi/terrible connections or the toxic users for content. I'm not asking for the stuff to not be in KL, but it should all be in a giant cosmetic store after a month and/or a challenge tower to get the skins/gear items you want.

Until NRS lets you unlock those skins in some other way besides Kombat League they're kind of flawed. Everything should appear in that store if preorder skins are that people had to buy early to receive for Aftermath.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
I wonder if anyone bought Aftermath just for those skins, especially the Frost one which was advertised as pre-order bonus only. I'm grateful for it but feel kinda bad for people who spent 40$ on it. Even I was thinking about it.
Ngl I did. Knew I’d get it anyway, but that forced my hand to preorder... bit sus’ that they’re available so soon...

Got tonnes of crystals too

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
People paid money to get those skins with Aftermath. The KL skins are free so there's no real comparison. I've gotten almost every skin I want through playing KL, but it wouldn't hurt if they made some kind of very hard difficulty challenge tower type things for offline or put them in the store. It's just really frustrating because I personally don't wanna play ranked. I've gotten demigod and gotten the skins in almost every season other than this because it's just tiring. I never play ranked in NRS games because whether it's MK9, Injustice, MKX etc it just invites you to be subjected to toxicity and I don't want my inbox blown up or other stuff.

I don't wanna deal with the wifi/terrible connections or the toxic users for content. I'm not asking for the stuff to not be in KL, but it should all be in a giant cosmetic store after a month and/or a challenge tower to get the skins/gear items you want.

Until NRS lets you unlock those skins in some other way besides Kombat League they're kind of flawed. Everything should appear in that store if preorder skins are that people had to buy early to receive for Aftermath.
my point is KL skins kind of double as status symbols. Not a particularly good one given how unlikely you highest earned skin would be for your character and how many there are now, but they can tell the story of someone reaching demi or better. If there was any alternative way to get them, then they become as meaningless as every other skin.

I don't really think it's meaning worth preservation though. I just think nrs might value that aspect and be looking to keep it

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Aren't the KL skins and gear rumored to be unlockable with the chunks of meat once the Krypt is expanded?
That's the rumor. This rumor also comes with a Kombat League change, as the chunks of meat are apparently earned in that mode(and the Test Your -- modes).

We may find out more next month(start of a new KL season), or in August(a full year of KL would have passed)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Injustice 2 had it right. You can earn the points if you want the satisfaction, or you can buy them if you want the colors and schemes; they were only cosmetics and not game-altering mechanics, so it didn't affect the balance.

Art Lean

Noob
So now it's the Scorpion MK9 skin and also two new different shades of movie Shang Tsung that did not come with the original Kombat Pack set!