What's new

Kitana UMK3 Infinite

ded

Elder God
Me and Shock tryied something like this few years ago while we worked on Shattered, but never with c.lp. This pattern should work with lots of stuff (gun, spin, net ec.) but its not universal infinite. Credit to ChaosControl, because of his pattern i'd never know that this infinite is possible on arcade version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQR97xHbbIY

Hold on? So everytime Kitana hits someone with an anti air fan that pushes them into the corner they have the opportunity to get an Inf simply by hitting ducking lp?

Hold on? So everytime Kitana hits someone with an anti air fan that pushes them into the corner they have the opportunity to get an Inf simply by hitting ducking lp?
I tried this on XBL and I couldn't get it to work. I only tried a few times but it just didn't seem possible.

So ded_ is there some sorta trick to it? Timing etc?...

How did you get behind them after you already pushed them into the corner?

Also, You said in the info box on Youtube that it also works with Stryker's Gun and Cyrax's Net. Anything else?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's not easy, and it doesn't work on everyone, like most infinites in UMK3. The fact that the ducking LP does like 1.5% damage when DPed makes it virtually impossible to finish out in game. You can either try and do 20 of those ducking LPs, or instead, JK, HK, or run in RH, HK, etc. If you want to practice makes perfect this infinite, it will only strengthen any Kitana player.

In order to do it right, you need to make Kitana duck on the frame that she turns around in the corner, similar to if you do her in-and-out juggle (aaHP on the frame she crosses under holding her facing that direction, making her axis stay behind the juggled character). In this situation, when she ducks and LPs, the contact frame makes them bounce back into the corner because of the 1 frame delay of animation and actual contact. It's a double axis cross up, but it also makes the game think she should be pushed into the corner, which doesn't create ice skate, like it would if she would be pushed out of the corner.

I'm messing around with Mileena right now to see if she can get corner aaHPHP, roll with forward flip into this. Roll out the corner, run in, aaHP roll with forward flip might actually be somewhat useful for her if that can automatically set up the positioning vs some characters.

It's not easy, and it doesn't work on everyone, like most infinites in UMK3. The fact that the ducking LP does like 1.5% damage when DPed makes it virtually impossible to finish out in game. You can either try and do 20 of those ducking LPs, or instead, JK, HK, or run in RH, HK, etc. If you want to practice makes perfect this infinite, it will only strengthen any Kitana player.

In order to do it right, you need to make Kitana duck on the frame that she turns around in the corner, similar to if you do her in-and-out juggle (aaHP on the frame she crosses under holding her facing that direction, making her axis stay behind the juggled character). In this situation, when she ducks and LPs, the contact frame makes them bounce back into the corner because of the 1 frame delay of animation and actual contact. It's a double axis cross up, but it also makes the game think she should be pushed into the corner, which doesn't create ice skate, like it would if she would be pushed out of the corner.

I'm messing around with Mileena right now to see if she can get corner aaHPHP, roll with forward flip into this. Roll out the corner, run in, aaHP roll with forward flip might actually be somewhat useful for her if that can automatically set up the positioning vs some characters.

i'm confused :(

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
They keep falling out of the corner, never into it for me.
I'm getting that a lot too. The positioning has to be so perfect. Thus far everything I'd tried with Mileena, she either misses the ducking LP or pushes them out of the corner. It'd be something very beneficial to her since an out of the corner roll is enough to set up a forward flip back into the corner.

Would you advise ever trying this in a competitive match?
What happens if you miss up and end up in the corner? Would that not leave you in a bad position?

ded

Elder God
its completely useless.

also i tested it with cyrax (bomb into upper net) and sektor (with late smart missile) and it works with them too.

Tested with Human Smoke and Ermac and it work Perfect... By The Way props to Ded_ you´re awesome man i can´t beleave it that this game still got new things on this days xD

Go to the corner with Scorpion and Human Smoke (i tested with scorpion because ded_ did it against him) then put scorpion in the corner side and Human Smoke in the left side (this example is in the Right Corner) then do the Knee combo, teleport, and Duck+LP i´ll post a video with the vid, but i can´t get it complete because my PC is slow right now i made it complete in "normal" but when i try using the capture it begin to fuck me up lol

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApRNFZVOglE

ReEdit: It´s not complete because the lag of my PC (very fucking slowly when i try to capture) but the idea is the important thing

Ermac: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOt7hwwpnUA

Go to the corner with Scorpion and Human Smoke (i tested with scorpion because ded_ did it against him) then put scorpion in the corner side and Human Smoke in the left side (this example is in the Right Corner) then do the Knee combo, teleport, and Duck+LP i´ll post a video with the vid, but i can´t get it complete because my PC is slow right now i made it complete in "normal" but when i try using the capture it begin to fuck me up lol

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApRNFZVOglE

ReEdit: It´s not complete because the lag of my PC (very fucking slowly when i try to capture) but the idea is the important thing

Ermac: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOt7hwwpnUA
fuckin lag