What's new

Match Footage - Kitana Kitana Tournament/Online Gameplay Archive

Far from high level, but here's a best of seven set I did (Online) with a friend this past Tuesday.

Feedback is more than welcome since I'm still learning the character. My Royal Storm is poor, no question about that and I'm far more comfortable with Assassin.

Things I know I need to work on:

- To stop duck-blocking jump-ins and giving a free overhead. I did improve on this as the set went on, but for some reason it's muscle memory for me.
- More comfort and xp with the character to be able to perform my combos (which I can do fine Offline; you can see them in another vid on my channel).
- Overall better execution and pressure.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
I really like Liu Kang and Kitana together in the story and so from time to time I'm making a series of videos dedicated to them in online ranked matches. I hope the fact that Kitana's matches are mixed with Liu Kang's is ok for this thread. I started using Kitana just recetly, I haven't played anybody else but Liu Kang since MKX day of release, so I'm still working on the princess.

Also, here is a bonus video just for fun:

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Set versus Stunt Double Cage, I hate fighting this character with Kitana lol. I used Assassin Kitana.

Part 1

Part 2

The next bit is Assassin Kitana versus Killer Leatherface. This is my first time ever playing a Killer Leatherface (or any one for that matter) so I start off doing pretty crappy, but it gets better the longer you watch!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I wanna start uploading footage but the default recorder on the ps4 only records 30fps and is in lower quality. Do any of you use a capture card?

The next bit is Assassin Kitana versus Killer Leatherface. This is my first time ever playing a Killer Leatherface (or any one for that matter) so I start off doing pretty crappy, but it gets better the longer you watch!
Glad to see you started using Princess Parry in the later parts of the set. I've always felt it was such an underrated move that can do wonders if applied right.

Hey all. Yesterday, for the first time in history, I defeated the Very Hard AI in a best of five set. This was also the first time ever I beat it with Kitana (Assassin).

Not the biggest deal in the world since it is the AI, but I'm still proud of this.

Hey all. Yesterday, for the first time in history, I defeated the Very Hard AI in a best of five set. This was also the first time ever I beat it with Kitana (Assassin).

Not the biggest deal in the world since it is the AI, but I'm still proud of this.

Typed the above quickly yesterday, and realize I didn't say it right :confused:.

This is the first time in history I've defeated the Very Hard AI with Kitana, both a solo match and in a set.

I've beaten the Very Hard AI before, including a few sets, with Piercing Mileena.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Here's a little match I had online the other day. I plan on uploading more matches soon as I have so many good ones saved.

I kept getting caught by the minion as I always expect the low, but when I don't block low is when I get caught.

This guy loved to jump a lot, but when I went for my anti-air of S1, I messed up the inputs so I dropped a few combos.

I have a lot of old MK content on my YouTube, so feel free to subscribe to it :)

Last edited:

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Don't know how dead or alive the Kitana community is (haven't heard anything from here in a while), but here's a few recent matches of my own with Assassin. Looking for feedback like MU knowledge. Like I picked up on what she can and can't do throughout, and I felt like I went about everything the best way possible, but it felt like I HAD to do everything perfectly and make the right reads like 100% of the time. Was wondering if in these particular MUs, if that's the only way to go about it, or are there pieces of tech I could've used:

Assassin Vs Kano/Predator:

Assassin Vs Wrestler Jax:

Assassin Vs Unstoppable Jason:

Assassin Vs Thunder God: