What's new

Question - Kitana Kitana Rising Fans Overpowered

trufenix

bye felicia
Doesnt it remind you of something?
You are looking at Kabal here and say "its fine". Jesus, its depressing to talk to you people.
You'd make a better comparison with Sonya or Cyrax or someone who could ACTUALLY punish you for escaping their set ups, but regardless. The fact that this only works in the corner and even then is escapable with armor makes this a non comparison.

Regardless, it just sounds like you're bitchy that a week ago you could turn a 2 frame gap into 40% damage, and now you have to settle for 10% and a reset to neutral. Learn to duck when you get put in pressure and accept that you're going to eat a couple fans and overheads. Not every match up is yours to lose. Welcome to fighting games.

Belial

Noob
Completely new solution. Block the last hit of the string high, then block the DP low. Delayed hit no longer works, period. No option after f112 is blocked like that will work.

@Belial
You know Im glad you're labbin it, but I've labbed it in the first place trying to block standing/ducking every part of those even different block on rising fans two hits. It doesnt work. Maybe you'll eventually find a character that can evade this somehow but that doesnt cancel fact that its unescapable for the rest of the cast.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
The thing is, the gap is when Kitana floats, which happens before any B2 can take place.
I understand, do you not think their is not a mind game their though? Its a very strong tactic for this current meta a couple of patches to late is all im saying.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
I understand, do you not think their is not a mind game their though? Its a very strong tactic for this current meta a couple of patches to late is all im saying.
It could be. Kind of a moot point at mid-screen once people start back-dashing when Kitana float-cancels rising blades. If a universal counter is discovered (I've yet to test the block F112 high, db2 low theory myself) it won't be a thing at all.

Assuming you've got them in the corner, have three bars, and they have none, you could B2 after float~jip to get some damage in. But then, why do that? It knocks them down, and imo, gives them a better chance to get out than if you kept up pressure and chipped away at them.

Something related to B2 and this blockstring however; If you land a combo and know it's going to carry them into the corner, you can end that combo with B2, then U2~float~jip~F112 etc etc on thier wakeup. Mistime your U2 and you may get punished though.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
First of all, why were you trying EX spin when it no longer has armor? Of course it doesn't work during the gap! That's pretty much the case for every gap in any character's string.
the point of the spin in the gap is clearly to show that there is no window to get out with any normal in the game. If there is a gap, armor works, that would be a pointless inclusion.

Second of all, you make the point of saying "if you backdash, you're at neutral at best" but fail to mention (or realize?) Kitana just wasted a bar while you used none to get out.
isn't the whole point of her spending the bar there to keep pressing buttons? if you are below neutral significantly then it just cost you half a bar of stamina, gave up ground, just to be in the exact same situation, so I don't understand this response... at the very least someone should get frame data on that tho before saying its a way out or before saying that it isnt, neither of you know tbh one of you is jumping to assumptions and upplaying and the other one is just blindly downplaying their main, but it really needs to be labbed before either of you start trying to say how it works lol

I'm confused, one video shows how blocking high then low gets you out of the pressure, another video shows that even that doesn't work. Wth?