What's new

Question - Kitana Kitana Rising Fans Overpowered

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Jeez.

I mess up a 1-frame link trying to replicate someone's video of a pseudo-infinite crazy block string and people burn me at the stake for it.

This literally doesn't even work on F/Ts big body and people are defending it?

I call shenanigans. I demand a riot. Rabble rabble rabble.
So F/T can't block low to get out of this?

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
backdash allows kitana to keep the pressure
Please stop saying this as it is completely false.

You're only adding to the confusion and misinformation. I've provided video proof debunking this with the character you claim "can't escape it". I showed 6 things he can do about Kitana's F2 after float cancel regardless of how much or how little she delays her JIP.. Saying she keeps pressure after someone back-dashes a float cancel is like saying she has pressure at the beginning of a round -- all because the opposing player is in F2 range? Ridiculous.

Furthermore, I've provided reasoning based on facts as to why there is risk involved for the Kitana player to use F2 after a float cancel in the first place.

Last edited:

Belial

Noob
Please stop saying this as it is completely false.

You're only adding to the confusion and misinformation. I've provided video proof debunking this with the character you claim "can't escape it". I showed 6 things he can do about Kitana's F2 after float cancel regardless of how much or how little she delays her JIP.. Saying she keeps pressure after someone back-dashes a float cancel is like saying she has pressure at the beginning of a round -- all because the opposing player is in F2 range? Ridiculous.

Furthermore, I've provided reasoning based on facts as to why there is risk involved for the Kitana player to use F2 after a float cancel in the first place.
I already answered you a number of times. The one spreading disinformation is you while also acting hysterical. I dont want to talk to you anymore. Enjoy your broken Kitana.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
What i got out of this thread is that people want an easy or universal way out of this and because that doesn't exist outside of "use armor", it is classified as broken.

It is not very good midscreen. Completely whiffs against Jason and Leatherface (unless you delay the ex float but then you can only get jp to f2 which had a gap - midscreen) and potentially others in the corner and midscreen due to the pushback against them on dp.

Lab it up.

Last edited:

Rozalin1780

They can, as it happens.
Started doing some work on F/T and what his options are in the corner (I believed that if anyone couldn't get out of this pressure in the corner without meter, it would be him). Mid-screen, he can back-dash out if the DP was blocked low, same as any other character it seems. For the record, he too can stuff a F2 attempt by Kitana after the backdash.

In the corner is a very different story. If Kitana's JIP isn't delayed, he can D1 or D3 (I found D1 to work best since it juggles her). However, if JIP is delayed, neither D1 nor D3 work. In fact, nothing really works. No combination of blocking the string high/low caused the JIP to whiff.

The "best" options I could find is that you can still back-dash the JIP in the corner, but Kitana CAN maintain pressure at this distance (i.e. you have no other options but to keep blocking). All this really does is negate 1% chip per cancel, but you do regen stamina fast enough to keep doing it. The other option I found (if you can really call this an option) is to block the string but eat the DP while crouched. You take 10%, the JIP whiffs, you tech roll on the ground, and have a very small window to D3 (7 frames of start-up).

In short; F/T is boned in the corner against this without meter. There's no reason for Kitana not to delay JIP every time, so there goes the possibility of getting poked out of it. All that's left is to block and backdash the JIPs then continue blocking, or spend 10% health to "maybe" get out.

F/T mains can weigh in as I admit I know very little about the character.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
What i got out of this thread is that people want an easy or universal way out of this and because that doesn't exist outside of "use armor", it is classified as broken.

It is not very good midscreen. Completely whiffs against Jason and Leatherface (unless you delay the ex float but then you can only get jp to f2 which had a gap - midscreen) and potentially others in the corner and midscreen due to the pushback against them on dp.

Lab it up.
This is character specific, Broken tech doesn't become ok just because it doesn't work consistently on a few characters. We've already established this.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
there are people in this thread who know how to low profile and people in this thread who don't. When this tactic becomes really stupid is when she njp's for a full combo but there are quite a few ways out it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Lol

I actually think it's bs that she has this in the first place. This kind of shit is reserved for Mileena to do something supposedly unsafe then throw a Sai to mess with your punish timing.

They should add a couple frames after dp before she can do ex float which creates scenarios where opponents can poke out, uppercut, etc.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Started doing some work on F/T and what his options are in the corner (I believed that if anyone couldn't get out of this pressure in the corner without meter, it would be him). Mid-screen, he can back-dash out if the DP was blocked low, same as any other character it seems. For the record, he too can stuff a F2 attempt by Kitana after the backdash.

In the corner is a very different story. If Kitana's JIP isn't delayed, he can D1 or D3 (I found D1 to work best since it juggles her). However, if JIP is delayed, neither D1 nor D3 work. In fact, nothing really works. No combination of blocking the string high/low caused the JIP to whiff.

The "best" options I could find is that you can still back-dash the JIP in the corner, but Kitana CAN maintain pressure at this distance (i.e. you have no other options but to keep blocking). All this really does is negate 1% chip per cancel, but you do regen stamina fast enough to keep doing it. The other option I found (if you can really call this an option) is to block the string but eat the DP while crouched. You take 10%, the JIP whiffs, you tech roll on the ground, and have a very small window to D3 (7 frames of start-up).

In short; F/T is boned in the corner against this without meter. There's no reason for Kitana not to delay JIP every time, so there goes the possibility of getting poked out of it. All that's left is to block and backdash the JIPs then continue blocking, or spend 10% health to "maybe" get out.

F/T mains can weigh in as I admit I know very little about the character.
I feel it's worth mentioning I play Lackey exclusively, so my perspective on escaping is mostly just with him. I don't really care if the other two can escape.

Lackey has meterless armor, albeit it's a bit slow but it's also projectile immune when timed right.

Rozalin1780

I like how I've stated how b3, and b4 can be used to punish poke attempts and got nothing. But as soon as Lord Reo says the same thing: Everyone is like: Nice find bro your amazing. Fuck all of you bitches. That shit hurt my feelings
Sorry bro! :( I still love ya!

To be fair, REO was mostly talking about JIK after float not B2 or B3.

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
If there's ways out of it then I don't see how it's overpowered. It's a very strong tool but it's not like you're entirely fucked.