What's new

Kitana Patch Notes (v. 1.07)

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
So, parrry damage output accumulates. Not sure if I understood this from the patch notes.

From reddit...

As cute as this is, in what world is this actually viable? In what MU can Kitana simply stand there and absorb a million projectiles to gain this buff?

NRS didn’t fix the fundamental issue she has of having no way to open the opponent up, or force movement. You can literally crouch block and she’s forced to come to you, even with the life lead (specifically against characters like Cetrion).

Honestly, if any character is deserving of a throw-based CB it’s Kitana. At least then there’d be reason to fear her being close to you.

Paradoxxx

You smell of desperation...
It feels a little off comapared the pre patch version! Maybe it needs to press the arrow to connect! I will lab it later!

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I honestly feel underwhelmed about the changes. Like on the P2 side, the pushback still exists & she doesnt' get the +1 frame advantage after Edenian Razors. I honestly felt like more should have been done. Like B2 being around 15 frames, B142 having a little more pushback on block setting up for spacing & whiff punishment etc. The amplified fan going from high to mid.

I don't think that's asking for too much seeing that they tried to make a hybrid out of her & Mileena in terms of tool kit. Don't know if I'm overreacting or not, but they just feel...Lacking.

dark55

Noob
They made highborn worse. She can no longer do the 312 and 400+ damage combos in the corner that she used to since they made razors a mid. Sigh. Revert it back to a high plz

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
You guys legit arent even trying LMFAO

How the fuck is a reflect buff not viable? Come on guys.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
@xKhaoTik not you specifaclly and no this time im not trolling.

What im not getting is how she is bad when all ive ever seen is her being a1? Thats my issue, i mean i hear about the weird combos but has anyone tried anything different? Thats the only reason why im here, i actually want to see what the patch did for characters but i keep seeing nonstop crying threads.

Like how the fuck is a reflect (absorb) not viable? WTF let alone that crazy damage boost

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
i did not get a chance to play until today cuz psn was down. Kitana highborn does seem to have more of an advantage now against many players. I had a lot of people forfeit after the first match. And the ones I lost too were all very close calls. Kabal though. ugh. He's so annoying to fight against, but still close calls. After day 1 playing it, it is definitely better. Kitana still IMO has great pokes, strong zone game and definitely can keep players off balance more than usual. It seems if ur caught in the corner though with any character you are screwed. Some zones you can jump out of quick, but others not so much. The mid razors so far I think i like. but it is just day one.

DarkSado

Noob
@xKhaoTik not you specifaclly and no this time im not trolling.

What im not getting is how she is bad when all ive ever seen is her being a1? Thats my issue, i mean i hear about the weird combos but has anyone tried anything different? Thats the only reason why im here, i actually want to see what the patch did for characters but i keep seeing nonstop crying threads.

Like how the fuck is a reflect (absorb) not viable? WTF let alone that crazy damage boost
The reflect is better but they reduce the damage so much it’s hardly noticeable.

Highborn might be really good chip machine. Like any jumpin into B231 far edenian razors is like 8% chip. Also far edenian razors can be +1 after B231, 12 and B14. I've trained a little bit and I am ending up being -1, 0 or +1 after those strings. Timing to release button is strict but it seems doable
I just wish they didn’t increase the recovery on the razors, Thats the main thing that’s setting her back with her corner damage. And if you happen to make razors +1 on block, i don’t think that’s stopping the opponent from taking their turn. Especially because of the extra recovery that razors have.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I gave up trying to do Razor combos in the corner, but thanks to her new CB timing on Gutted she can follow it up with an air attack. I found this little cutie:

B231 Gutted CB, j2, b14 Fan, 12d2. Does about 40%. I’m sure there are better, but it’s way easier than trying to incorporate Razors for the time being.

The only use of parry is to eat the ex projectile when Baraka or Liu Kang or Shang Tsung amplies it. The buff is next to useless. And the highborn nerf OMG...

gitblame

Noob
I have strong feeling Highborn will be actual good now. I hope to have a time this weekend to play her more.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
The only use of parry is to eat the ex projectile when Baraka or Liu Kang or Shang Tsung amplies it. The buff is next to useless. And the highborn nerf OMG...
Does Protection absorb multiple fireballs now? Or are you saying to block the first then absorb the second?