What's new

kitana mu

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
hey guys, i've been struggling alot in the kitana mu lately. just feels like her screen control is alot faster than skarlet's and it's really hard to pick spots to get going against her. i find the best way to play the mu is to keep running away from her with heart pierce to avoid being in kitana's jump range because there she has freedom to abuse fans and her other projectiles depending on variation. maybe there's a better way to play the mu but for now i have to play this mu super passively.

Depends whether your facing a Kitana that just spams fan toss over and over or one that actually tries combos.

The match up is normally in Skarlet's favor by a bit.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Depends whether your facing a Kitana that just spams fan toss over and over or one that actually tries combos.

The match up is normally in Skarlet's favor by a bit.
Nope
The only instance where Skarlet has an edge in this MU is when she corners kitana, otherwise, Kitana has everything going for her right from the get go.
The Sais on High Born don't need to directed, if Kitana players don't specify the range with back or towards after throwing it, they just track on their own, which Skarlet can't counter unless she is at jump range
Kitana Has a higher and faster Jump Arc and can jump projectiles, even tentacle on reaction, her jump normals are very good, Skarlet can't jump projectiles such as Kitana on reaction since she has a terrible jump.
Kitana up close is a nightmare, her pressure has no gap and its -7, has an overhead with a 1f gap that has to be flawless block otherwise its -7 and even if you flawless block there is at least more than 10f blockstun before she becomes vulnerable for a solid punish, Skarlet U2 doesn't even reach.
In Fact Skarlet can't consistently U2 kitana at all after certains flawless blocks, since Kitana is always pushed backwards, no gaps in pressure, 1f flawless gaps, and cancelable stance with literally no recovery frames

In a nutshell, Kitana can fire as many fans as she wants on given range, jump as much as she needs, and when up close her pressure is superior, and punish you hard if you take a risk.