What's new

Kitana Matchup Discussion Thread

Any tips for dealing with full screen zoners with Fan-Fare?

I got destroyed by a Robocop Prime Directive last night and it drove me nuts. I’m going to lab ways around his projectiles (grenade launcher, low machine gun shots, etc) tonight, but it seems like I may have to go to Highborn or another character against heavy zoners like that.

Also, thanks for rubbing it in my face TYM lol...

Stanlos

Noob
I like the RoboCop battle better as Skarlet but Kitan a seems to manag e provided you are patient and make smart use of her mobility and fans.

I like the RoboCop battle better as Skarlet but Kitan a seems to manag e provided you are patient and make smart use of her mobility and fans.
Thanks! i have been meaning to give Skarlet an honest shot. I did try parrying those projectiles with Shang Tsung’s v3 and Smoke’s Shake is ridiculous. Shang seems like a decent character too. I may lab him as well

Edit: Mmm, not so sold on Shang anymore. I’ll try Skarlet out. If I don’t like her a lot, I’ll go to Sindel Royal Edenian as my zoning counterpick

Last edited:

Bigzo

Noob
Any tips for dealing with full screen zoners with Fan-Fare?

I got destroyed by a Robocop Prime Directive last night and it drove me nuts. I’m going to lab ways around his projectiles (grenade launcher, low machine gun shots, etc) tonight, but it seems like I may have to go to Highborn or another character against heavy zoners like that.

Also, thanks for rubbing it in my face TYM lol...

View attachment 17316
Bf3 and jump bf3 man.

Stanlos

Noob
The only tricky thing so far versus RoboCop is the weird thing that happens when he jumps at close range. Things seem to miss or go through him for reasons unknown Nostromo briefing style.

Other than that I now prefer doing it with Kitana over Skarlet. Careful use of Skarlet teleport versus his zoning can make for serious derpy moments, sure! But Kitana's Royal Protection party works against all his zoning options. Just watch out for amplified Low Auto. Most seem to burn their meter outright and after that parry and enjoy the increasingly favorable trades.

As you move forward, Flutter and Booty become your friends versus his parry.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The only tricky thing so far versus RoboCop is the weird thing that happens when he jumps at close range. Things seem to miss or go through him for reasons unknown Nostromo briefing style.

Other than that I now prefer doing it with Kitana over Skarlet. Careful use of Skarlet teleport versus his zoning can make for serious derpy moments, sure! But Kitana's Royal Protection party works against all his zoning options. Just watch out for amplified Low Auto. Most seem to burn their meter outright and after that parry and enjoy the increasingly favorable trades.

As you move forward, Flutter and Booty become your friends versus his parry.
Robocop is starting to shift to 5-5 it seems. If we can get in, great, but if not, it's really hard. In the highborn MU the Robocop player can send a bar on reaction to sai stance and hold the rocket in place. What happens is they let it go if they see a Sai toss, or keep it held because it trades in his favor against the teleport.