What's new

Match-up Discussion Kitana Matchup Discussion Thread

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
It's a pain to get in and open ermac up....
agreed. TKP is such a bitch. she can only punish that in close range. even if it whiffs, she has to spend meter to punish it, and even that is unlikely because we fear tele so much that we'd hold on block for too long lol.

we cant even counter zone with iafs or ground fans because he can just iaTele.

shit gets real when she finally gets in tho lol

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
agreed. TKP is such a bitch. she can only punish that in close range. even if it whiffs, she has to spend meter to punish it, and even that is unlikely because we fear tele so much that we'd hold on block for too long lol.

we cant even counter zone with iafs or ground fans because he can just iaTele.

shit gets real when she finally gets in tho lol
Right now I think how we think of Ermac is how we used to think of Liu Kang.

From thinking it was 6-4 in our favor, to questioning the MU, to a 5-5.

So IMO its a 5-5 but we don't know why yet as we need to play more Ermacs

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
what do you guys think of the ermac MU? i have it as 5-5, as with others, and some have it 6-4 in ermacs favor. but it just came to my attention that some ermac players think its 6-4 in kits favor.

i don't see how kitana is winning this. The zoning and fear of tele is a pain. she dominates him upclose tho and punishes him pretty hard for his mistakes. not to mention alot of his strings whiff on her when she's ducking.

thoughts?
5-5 cause of tkp. if the ermac doesnt know how to properly tkp 7-3

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Right now I think how we think of Ermac is how we used to think of Liu Kang.

From thinking it was 6-4 in our favor, to questioning the MU, to a 5-5.

So IMO its a 5-5 but we don't know why yet as we need to play more Ermacs
kit used to beat liu? lol

but yea thats true. the best ermacs ive played (and play consistently) are pboard and pittifulme, but its online tho :( i've never played an ermac offline

zaf thoughts?

Reactions: zaf

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
5-5 imo. Ermac is a bitch though and if it's in anyone's favor it would probably be his. Ermac plays spacing well but Kitana's rushdown shenanigans work on him better than others.

Reactions: zaf

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos

but yea thats true. the best ermacs ive played (and play consistently) are pboard and pittifulme, but its online tho :( i've never played an ermac offline

zaf thoughts?
Way back when ground fans made her top 3

zaf

professor
zaf thoughts?
5-5 imo. Ermac is a bitch though and if it's in anyone's favor it would probably be his. Ermac plays spacing well but Kitana's rushdown shenanigans work on him better than others.
I feel its 5-5.

They both do high damage.
I feel ermac out spaces kitana, but kitana has better normals.
Iafb works nice for ermac in this mu, it doesn't make him take any real risks.

If kitana gets too predictable with fans, ermac can get a combo off a teleport.
If ermac wants to jump too much or incorrectly space iafb, then kitana can get an air fan combo.
So they both can really punish each others movement.
This is me just saying a few things off the top of my head, we can always get deeper into the mu but most kitanas i speak with
either say 5-5 or 6-4 for ermac.

Also like revolver says, if it has to be in anyone's favour, i would also say its ermacs.

Khaotik, i can always play online with you.

i need to get info on fighting cage the only thing i found out is a ex grav lift and u have to do it fast really fast or it metter drain sad day for kittan at least a 5 5 or leaning to a 6 4

i need to get info on fighting cage the only thing i found out is a ex grav lift and u have to do it fast really fast or it metter drain sad day for kittan at least a 5 5 or leaning to a 6 4
I'm not a tournament player but I'd recommend you to take full advantage of the range on Kitana's normals to space out Cage.