What's new

Match Footage Kitana Match Videos

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Added hella videos for CD and a couple for Rev0lver.

STORMS, you can disable embedding completely on this thread, it will load faster with just hyperlinks anyways. If it is possible. I think I have close to 40 vids in the OP now.

7L

Heads up!
We need to get the match of Starcharger and I at NEC...I got bodied and looked free as hell but it'll help for what not to do in the mirror ^_^

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
We need to get the match of Starcharger and I at NEC...I got bodied and looked free as hell but it'll help for what not to do in the mirror ^_^
So far, only xKhaoTikx and I have posted any videos.

By all means, post what you find. It's gotta be something we can study though.

Also, if anyone watches a video that I have linked in the OP that you think isn't a good video or we can't learn anything from it, please post about it and it will be reviewed for removal.

7L

Heads up!

Idk why but I don't like to touch the ground against reptile. If they are abusing dash, it's a good way to just get up and out to control the flow.

Unethical Kitana nevertheless

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I used to play the Reptile match like that, but once I started to force them to make a decision every time I am in range to dash and risk losing 50% or simply back off, it became much easier.

7L

Heads up!
After I played joker I started to play CrispyCream alot at SwiftTomHank's house and I now have many more set ups for reptile.

Every ex dash is put into d1 to cutter :p

but for the xray at the end, it was kind of set up because he was going for pressure after every dash and he was locked on my jumping by that point. He adjusted very well

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Hey fam! I need your help with something.

I'm pretty familiar with the kitana vs sektor MU, but I'm not sure if I know it 100%. Like, I've never punished flame thrower and I don't think I know how.

Anyways, I played a really good sektor (online ;_; ) but he recorded the matches. If its no trouble, I'd appreciate some criticism on the matches, as it could help me in the MU

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
That was an awesome set. You know the matchup well enough it seems.

You punish the flamethrower much the same as Kabal's saw blade. If you are too far, you don't get anything. But Sektor does not have any armor and is -18! If you can punish saw or low hat or 21212 from Kung Lao, then this will be easy for you.

EDIT: Updated OP with these Sektor vids and the dreaded Kenshi gauntlet vid ;_;

NKZero

Noob
xKhaoTikx I'll check out this video and give you some pointers and also I plan on writing an in depth Sektor-Kitana MU analysis so I'll link you to that if you're interested once I'm finished later on....

EDIT: Just watched the matches. You seem well versed in this MU so not too much to tell you in terms of where to improve. Just a few pointers though...

1. Poke out of the U3 stance. You let Sektor get away with too many 50/50 mix-ups in open space for no reason. You have a lengthy D1 so once you see him doing this fancy shit then poke him out of it. The only time he should be able to enforce this mix-up is off frame advantage or maybe catching you off guard once or twice. You let him do it too many times.

2. If you see Sektor linking in missiles off his strings to catch you out, always jump backwards. Chances are he's putting an above up missile or in front up missile, either to keep you in place (above up missile) and sustain pressure or to catch the forward jump. I thought you dealt with that aspect well but jumping backwards is more often than not the most safe way to escape that shit. Or you can risk it and if you think he's going for an in front up missile, blow him up with 21 into full combo or whatever.

3. Deal with flame burners ruthlessly. Every blocked flame burner, even at farther (unpunishable) ranges should still let you get in his face with a F21 or even a 212, 21-cutter etc. Sometimes you respected one on block too much. You either backed away a little or you threw out a short range poke. Just get in his face or if you can punish it, do so. I thought you did better with the flame burners that hit you lol.

Anyways it really isn't much I'm just nit-picking here. The main thing to focus on is the first point I made, don't let him throw out random 50/50's everywhere unless he has a right to do so.

Hope this helps.

7L

Heads up!
AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!
the top 3 kitana's at Op Wolf all lost to Tetra. He knocked me to losers second round. I second Khaotik! Baraka needs nerfs!

also, you have to force yourself to let go of back when walking back and they jump in. If you would have done that you had like 3-4 anti airs on him easy. Your spacing was great

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
;_; is there a Baraka conspiracy?

Blah yeah I didn't anti air as much now that I see it.

I should have capitalized more on things too. Haha I wasn't even that nervous so it was stupidity more than nervousness

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Most of my EVO 2011 videos are gone...

Does ANYONE have any videos of me vs Slips EVO 2011 or me vs 16-bit or JOP at EVO 2011??

Please share!