What's new

KITANA HIGHBORN GUIDE AND TIPS

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Couple of things:

1. Db2f becomes +1 off any string in the corner, regardless of sides.

2. She still has her stance cancels.

3. Treat Sai Toss should now be treated as a trap rather than a zoning tool because if they block or get hit by it, it jails into B231db2f making it 8% chip damage or 22% on hit into another B231db2f.

4. Using Db2 instead of db2f can make the startup of razors whiff to create a fakeout; holding the button will delay the razors connecting on block

5. Razors on hit allow a forward dash and still jail with B1, s1, 21, etc.

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
and df2 still whiffs on grounded females after all of her strings :)
I have reasoned that the best way to get the df2 crushing blow is to get the Sai crushing blow. Those sais feel so slow when I play as Kitana but facing a highborn, it seems difficult so I do not get any KBs generally. Any other ways... because they may breakaway after the KB.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I have reasoned that the best way to get the df2 crushing blow is to get the Sai crushing blow. Those sais feel so slow when I play as Kitana but facing a highborn, it seems difficult so I do not get any KBs generally. Any other ways... because they may breakaway after the KB.
Two ways to get it. B34 in the corner and using 12 after razors, or the sai KB. If you're lucky enough to land a jump kick in the corner and they don't break, they are eating nearly 50%

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Two ways to get it. B34 in the corner and using 12 after razors, or the sai KB. If you're lucky enough to land a jump kick in the corner and they don't break, they are eating nearly 50%
What's the corner jk bnb? Jk string razors 12 df2?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
ive recently picked up highborn and can sameone tell me if i understand correctly the mind game after blocked razors ?

so i do string insto razors 0 or +1 on block and now :
when i expect poke , block and b14 razors again , or if they do poke into unsafe special block both and punish
if they tend do go for slower string i do d3 and poke them and go for pressure
if throw or high is expected after blocked razors neutral duck and punish
If they respect too much and do nothing I can go for throw or another string

Am i correct ?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
ive recently picked up highborn and can sameone tell me if i understand correctly the mind game after blocked razors ?

when i expect poke , block and b14 razors again , or if they do poke into unsafe special block both and punish

Am i correct ?
Yup. Boring right lol
You can also FBU2 if you expect an attack after blocked razor. Her u2 is the best in the game imo

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Yup. Boring right lol
You can also FBU2 if you expect an attack after blocked razor. Her u2 is the best in the game imo
yaah i thought about it but i suck with flawless blocking . I mean i can do it in string gaps like jades or shangs and so on but I seem to suck with it when it comes to fb jump in kicks or pokes , attacks in neutral . Whenever i do it its by accident lol

Parasurama

Dragon

Am i correct ?
Is there some trick for consistency? To get 0 or +1?