What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Can you go into more detail how b131 gives them the illusion of control?
I noticed it gives great range on block for a backdash b2 whiff punish, but that's it
Thats it. You basically nailed it. You can use b13 to stagger and prevent a flawless block attempt. B142 is used to condition people to block the b13. Sometimes if the opponent is really sleeping you can do b1 stagger or b13 stagger and walk up and throw.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Theres a hidden advantage Fearless has over FF. You can cancel d3 into low fan and amp it for a d1 masher.
D4 into fanado is also hilarious if they try to push buttons or jump. If they block it, they can't punish you and you can check with another d4.

VELL1

Noob
Thanks for the insight.
I main noob and kitana and Kollector are my only "secondaries" if you can call em that so I consider her a strong zoner bc I get more action on her projectiles than what I'm used to
Kitana is an okay zonner...I think the biggest advantage she has is that her fans are pretty large, so difficult to jump over. And she can actually use all of her meter into AMP fans, since she doesn't need any meter for her combos. Noob needs his meter, so Kitana is a bit different I think. She uses the fans to annoy...and then when you think "Fuck this shit, I am going in", she punishes you for not being calm about it.

DarksydeDash

On a side note, I think this weekend I'm going to make a guide for custom variations. Kitana has a lot of stuff that compliments all of her other special moves and I quite like that.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Theres a hidden advantage Fearless has over FF. You can cancel d3 into low fan and amp it for a d1 masher.
Not really an advantage since both the low fan and the amp is punishable. You’ll catch noobs against it but anyone who knows the MU will punish that free
D4 Nado is better

Benlo

PrayforSareena
On a side note, I think this weekend I'm going to make a guide for custom variations. Kitana has a lot of stuff that compliments all of her other special moves and I quite like that.
Advancing fan flutter would be great ...with another input : / DBF in the air is such a pain for me... It should have been db2 for back flutter and df2 for forward flutter, that would have make sense.

Dancing fans could be cool too... only if it stays longer and comes faster so we can combo into it.

With her remaining abilities, Kitana could get 2 other official variations. But it's a bit a waste, for me, that NRS put some work on her abilities, giving her many... but not working enough on them to be interesting.

Is Kitana the only character with 9f d1? Some people say it's good range, but in reality range is pretty much the same as Scorpion d1.
I really would like them to do it atleast 8f, also s1 should be 7f.

Advancing fan flutter would be great ...with another input : / DBF in the air is such a pain for me... It should have been db2 for back flutter and df2 for forward flutter, that would have make sense.

Dancing fans could be cool too... only if it stays longer and comes faster so we can combo into it.

With her remaining abilities, Kitana could get 2 other official variations. But it's a bit a waste, for me, that NRS put some work on her abilities, giving her many... but not working enough on them to be interesting.
Some of her custom abilities are clearly not tuned into the game. I equipped her with the Edenian Fade and Dancing Fans and put her on AI fights and the AI has no idea what is happening. It just throws out the dancing fans as though they are fan tosses and it just hit nothing over and over again.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Dancing fans might be one of the most useless moves in the game. Right up there with Cassie’s flip.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I haven't revisited the situation in a while, but I tend to avoid using Kit against him. I think it ends up being important to be able to make them regret making bad f4 decisions, and she doesn't tend to get enough up close for me. I don't know what HB does so maybe she gets to take pressure or something IDK.

With FF, 12 into damage if he goes for the full thing is something, but one thing I liked about some other characters was I felt like I had something to cover both low fireball and amp low fireball on a f4 follow up. You can hit him hard if you guess which he is doing, but with some characters I could just d2 after the first low fireball and punish both. Helped eliminate some of the guesswork and hopefully pushes them closer to being afraid to rely on that stuff; even if it is only modest damage..

Other than that I don't really mind the fight, I just don't know that she has a leg up on any aspect of the fight. In my head I think I'd want someone that can do hard damage off of the right f4 read or jail into massive damage with a low poke, because you know he is going to get in your face.

I'm pretty mid grade at big braining stuff, and I refuse to play HB, so take that all as whatever stuff.

honk

Noob
Noob question:

Is there some kind of trick or shortcut to do a for example d3,square wave?.
I know how to do this for example with d3,fantoss... just input d3,f1 and fan toss will come out. Is there something similar for d3,bf3. To cancel into square wave from a poke is pretty hard.

Jade players for example do to d1 and cancel into bf2.
Is there a shortcut?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Noob question:

Is there some kind of trick or shortcut to do a for example d3,square wave?.
I know how to do this for example with d3,fantoss... just input d3,f1 and fan toss will come out. Is there something similar for d3,bf3. To cancel into square wave from a poke is pretty hard.

Jade players for example do to d1 and cancel into bf2.
Is there a shortcut?
If you have all the controller stuff off (like input shortcuts) then you have to be very sure you let go of down first. If you accidentally only roll to db instead of back, then it probably won't work out. Starting from a down position makes it super easy to actually do down-back, forward instead of back, forward.

Interestingly enough, with input shortcuts on, you never have to get all the way to back. You can get it to do most inputs simply doing d, db, d, df, button. That will do both back forward and down forward attacks. It makes Down pokes into special pretty easy, but may give you other stuff you weren't expecting if you don't really understand what leads to what.

On my button only controller (Hitbox like thing), I can actually hold down the whole time, and do back then forward while holding down and get all my specials without ever letting go of down. It's kind of wild.

honk

Noob
If you have all the controller stuff off (like input shortcuts) then you have to be very sure you let go of down first. If you accidentally only roll to db instead of back, then it probably won't work out. Starting from a down position makes it super easy to actually do down-back, forward instead of back, forward.

Interestingly enough, with input shortcuts on, you never have to get all the way to back. You can get it to do most inputs simply doing d, db, d, df, button. That will do both back forward and down forward attacks. It makes Down pokes into special pretty easy, but may give you other stuff you weren't expecting if you don't really understand what leads to what.

On my button only controller (Hitbox like thing), I can actually hold down the whole time, and do back then forward while holding down and get all my specials without ever letting go of down. It's kind of wild.
Much appreciated.
It is still one but with the tip I pulled it out more often. Guess I still need some practice.

I am not a good button masher and never got used to that Dial-In combo technic. Unfortunately it is Kitana's playstyle in MK11

Thanks

honk

Noob
It makes no sense given how slow her pokes are...the reason why I've been saying since forever that she needs a 11f B1.
People keep arguing that she doesn't need that because she should play a different game.

But no one knows which one.

DarksydeDash

I suspect that NRS has a huge patch in the works and gave us a small portion of it that they were happy with.

There's so much NEEDED in the game and I personally believe they are working on it.

What am I talking about?

-All Brutalities unlocked in tournament mode and new brutalities in general
  • Progressing through Character Tower Requirements through online matches
  • Kollector Rare Item exchange drop rate
  • Buffs to under used variations and characters
  • Various Bug fixes
  • A use of Koins, Souls, and Hearts, outside of towers and Krypt
  • The Third Gear Augment Slot
  • A Way to Implement Custom variations (Maybe they let us swap moves from the character select screen?)
  • New Announcer Voices
  • New Stages (We already have audio clips for Deadpool and Soul Chamber)
  • New Kosmetics such as more victory screens and brutality win poses
  • More practical Brutality requirements
  • An Answer to Breakaway
  • And of course, Additional characters.
I just hope we don't have to wait too long because I want NRS to make me truly excited for MK11 again. Spawn lasted for a week and now even I'm getting bored.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
So uhhh..

What does kitana do to get out of Jacqui's BS pressure? Lol I'm used to noob were I can poke
With kitana it feels like I can't even poke to take a turn back