What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Stanlos

Noob
I tried FanFare and like...what are you suppose to do if they block lmao? All her strings are -5849385943859438594386943. I just think HB is the go-to unless they give her a good + string but that could potentially make HB broken.

I think we have to accept that fan-fare will always be meh, cause I don't see what they could do to help it. But I don't mind, I actually have more fun with HB.
I just cannot bring myself to play high born. It feels weird-- wheres Mileena?

Although I guess Mileena being a clone of Kitana means that her aptitudes are really Kitana's aptitudes

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Probably because Razors is a high chip + safe block special with inherent mindgames that also is easily hit-confirmable into for 20%+ damage that leaves her plus to loop into more Razors. As much as I'm loving using it, the move is beyond overloaded. A solid 75%+ of Kitana's power budget is in that one move.
And it's only 1 slot too, lmao.

Art Lean

Noob
Ah ok cool, never knew there was one!

That said, given she's named after a Japanese sword, figured her identity was always of Asian origin regardless.
Just wish to add, this is how I like to think of Kitana and her Japanese-influenced name, weaponry and ancient heritage. Edenia always gave me imagery of sort of an idealistic Oriental heaven, like a Chinese tapestry, not "Alderaan... but with monster portals". Love how Mortal Kombat 11 really feels like they've channeled this with her at times, she feels her most splendorous, beautiful, ancient and exotic in this game. Never change her back, please!

And fingers crossed one day Ashrah returns with this level of mystical Asian wonder again. Personally feel her character has such untapped potential.

Kitana’s asian appearance doesn’t fit with Kitana either. Haha
Never understood that argument myself. She uses Chinese fans. Her name is Kitana, in reference to a Japanese samurai sword. She's dressed in kunoichi attire. Both her and Mileena have used sais.

For me, the fact that she's even been represented numerous times as non-Asian or even related to their ancient myths, actually seems far more bizarre. But that's just me... and I personally feel this is how Mortal Kombat should always sound and feel:

Last edited:

Stanlos

Noob
I have a Noob question. I watched some recent tourney footage today and the only Kitana I saw was Highborn. It looks like even after the release of the Fearless variation people prefer the Mileena variation. My question is what puts it over the Fanfare variation? (I am assuming we are still learning about Fearless)

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I have a Noob question. I watched some recent tourney footage today and the only Kitana I saw was Highborn. It looks like even after the release of the Fearless variation people prefer the Mileena variation. My question is what puts it over the Fanfare variation? (I am assuming we are still learning about Fearless)
Unbreakable damage, zoning, counter zoning, a safe/plus special to cancel into, and high chip damage.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Haven't much followed this thread, but thinking I'm going to switch over to Fearless from FF.

Don't feel like I'm losing much of anything outside of a good 12 punish option. Have to think differently and a little more aggressive to make sure the low/overhead game is in play.

Losing damage on b231 doesn't seem so bad adding more guess work to the follow up and a way to condition for the overhead.

I don't see it much in use, but after making the one fearless I've run into pull the cord twice inside of 30 min I got interested in some of what she does.

I'm hoping that sounds about right assessment wise.

(I refuse to play HB. I spit on HB)