What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Yes. But once again, these universal buffs just benefit highborn even more and further separates it from the other 2 variations.

Now her razor pressure is even scarier since she can bait your poke and actually punish it
How do u practice FB'ing pokes after strings in the lab? I can't ever consistently practice that lol.

gitblame

Noob
Yeah. She stole Jade's staff in MKX. Then Mileena's sai in MK11. And in this patch she stole Geras bait poke - punish U2 game, lmao

Also, is it me or she launches with U2 wakeup much higher on jumping opponents? I can't tell if it's not my imagination. But it's super easy to do with a Fan-fare kombo into DF2 KB when you U2 wakeup someone that jumped on you.
Something like - U2, J1, 12, lift, J2, F2, DF2
Was it possible before?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
The JK nerf hurts her damage a bit, especially in the corner. She used to get 300+ midscreen in fan fare and now she can’t

in the corner, I’m getting about 37% for a bar, but that’s with a single JK. Multiple JKs in the combo really scales

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Quick question, what do you do after B34 razors in the corner? I usually do 12 fan, but I'm sure that's not optimal.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Not only that. Having a useable U2 means they will use their breakaway, which means we have a bigger change to use her sai KB string and actually cash out on that double KB damage.

gitblame

Noob
I think in brief summary, Kitana players can really be happier after this patch. U2 change really deleted one of her most glaring issues and now skill to flawless block things can be finally utilized.

B14 being mid, mid mid is really nice change as well. Not only we can now allow ourselves to whiff first hit and not get D2 KB (lol), but as @DarksydeDash mentioned, B14 is now better meaty string, because she can catch ppl on jump and still be able to convert.
Jumping nerfs are not really that big for her, since she has 2 really good jump attacks. PPL won't be really able to flawless block both J2 and J3 at the same time I think and her J2 is still as good as it was.

Fan-fare can for sure call this patch nice for her. She can convert from U2 into nice damage. PPL are talking much about J3 OS and special cancels that won't come out on block, but will on hit. She can do it as well with butt attack in this variation. Just do J3 into slight delay BF3 and it will work.
Also maybe useless fact, but she seems to be the only character that can bypass this new rule with her float. If she does jump attack into float into J3 then she will be able to cancel into ground special on block. I don't know if it's bug or intentional, but that's how it looks now.

Both changes - B14 and U2 - makes now Highborn even more stupid and it's safe to assume that gap between Highborn and 2 other variations just keeps spreading. B14 being mid mid mid deletes her issue she had that some characters could make B14 into razors punishable. From what I tested only Cassie and Johnny can still make 2nd razor whiff, but it's not consistent. It seems like some sort of breathing hitbox issue - lol.

Fearless seems to pick shorter part of the stick with this patch. It's basically the same Fearless in new jump meta with new B14 and better U2.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Fearless gets converts off B14 as well and the U2 buff means Kitana can use S2 Into fannado for a full combo.

Also, jump ins after Flutter in fan fare act as prepatch. So the fanfare pressure of using J2, J3, amp air fan toss to be plus 1 still works for her.

I hate this game and I hate kitana......im over it.....im over waiting.....frustrated.......over having hope.......She was so much fun for me in MKX......I literally can't play her because it feels like such a downgrade.......end rant

DarkSado

Noob
I hate this game and I hate kitana......im over it.....im over waiting.....frustrated.......over having hope.......She was so much fun for me in MKX......I literally can't play her because it feels like such a downgrade.......end rant
Yea Kitana mkx was more fun but unfortunately they not going back to it maybe mk12.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Can you explain why please?
They made B14 hit mid mid. Before it was Mid High. If you knock your opponent down and you catch them jumping with B14, we can now convert into a full combo, especially in fanfare. Should they choose to mash, We no longer get D2 KB'd for using B14 as a meaty and instead can KB them.

I also want to stress that B14 is our closest string to an auto shimmy and advances pretty far but recovers much quicker. What does this mean? It means if your opponent does a wakeup roll, you are less likely to be punished compared to whiffed B231.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
U2 is sure better. Got into some trouble a few times wiffing while trying to FB counter pokes, but lab says it can work and it's at least become a functional move for the first time. I got a whole mess of other FBU2's, so that was fun and new.

Using b14 feels much safer than trying to put yourself out there with b231.

I'm an idiot, so I'm going to be finding other ways to hang myself , but I don't hate the changes.