What's new

Kitana General Discussion

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Okay I'm gonna say this...am I the only one who loves Fan Fare more than the other 2? Sure Highborn and Fearless are better but for some reason, losing ground war and fan flutter just makes me...feel weird.

Okay I'm gonna say this...am I the only one who loves Fan Fare more than the other 2? Sure Highborn and Fearless are better but for some reason, losing ground war and fan flutter just makes me...feel weird.
Fan-Fare, I imagine, feels the most like "klassic" Kitana, which is probably why. I say that though without having tried Fearless yet.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Again, very good to read, and thanks for taking the time to explain all.

@xKhaoTik So when you Amplify Teleport Kick now, the fan she throws out, you can amplify that as well and land faster, or am I misunderstanding? Basically, how I read your second point, you can further Amplify an already amplified move?
Yes.
So fan got a buff and it’s more plus on hit. Air fan can be amplified to recover instantly.
So when you tele and amplify it, you’re even more plus on hit than you were pre patch. It’s like +15 or something. And since the amplify tele is an air fan, she can amplify that as well. You’ll be up to +30 if you do that.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
No. I think Fearless could be interesting to play, but Highborn is straight up boring. I think FF's combos are fun to do, and I like being able to toy around in the air with flutter games. I've never really played Kitana before, but I was pretty magnet drawn to FF right away.

I might have gotten into Fearless had it been out in the beginning and I had tried it first, but I'm starting to lose steam after clocking in 400-500h on the game and I'm not sure I want to invest in another variation knowing I can't juggle two without my brain locking up and catching fire.

kevkopdx

Noob
I haven’t ever touched highborn, I love fanfare but I’ve been playing nothing but fearless lately and it’s super fun

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I love fanfare but if you do her strings, there's no stagger or mix.. Its Commit and lose your turn no matter what.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
The worst feeling is when I finally land a fan lift or fan nando and these hoes say i gtg and dip to the ground how dare they

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I don’t think they should be able to breakaway from fan lift, just like you can’t break from Cetrion’s geyser.

Fanlift is a meterless launcher, it's fine.
Btw, can anyone consistently interrupt Sonya's MB ring with s1? I can only trade

Last edited:
I got to toy with Fearless briefly in Training, and I noted that Fanado doesn't seem to combo like Fan Lift does, I assume due to it's longer start up time. So my question is, if you can't combo off of it, what's it's general purpose? Simple another zoning option for the Variation?

kevkopdx

Noob
I got to toy with Fearless briefly in Training, and I noted that Fanado doesn't seem to combo like Fan Lift does, I assume due to it's longer start up time. So my question is, if you can't combo off of it, what's it's general purpose? Simple another zoning option for the Variation?
It combos in the corner, outside of the corner only string that combos off it is b14.
I use it in tandem with zoning, you have to be careful tho cuz it can be interrupted. This variation is pretty shitty, still it’s fun and I like to torture myself.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
+ on block sub zero iceball

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
The more I play the Princess the more i can't decide what variation to use.

Fan-Fare has the high damage from any touch and grounded ass but weak offense.

Highborn has the offense, the utility, the chip, basically everything but its kind of boring to play imo. Very linear

V3 (whose name is escaping me) has a cool tool in Fan-nado and low fan as unduckable fireball so the zoning is decent. I feel like the offensive is just kind of limited outside of the gimmicky high/lows.

I'm leaning towards V3 but this is a legit character crisis for me.

kevkopdx

Noob
V3 (Fearless) is my fave... the zoning is super fun, but youre right, her mixups are gimmicky... once people have her figured out, its not the easiest character to get wins with. Still, i've come to love that damn fan-nado and low fan!

armani

Noob
cool discovery: b2 is +1~+2 on block at tip range. not entirely sure why but this may be big - and further solidifies Highborn as the better variation.

I’ll be making a video of this soon to give this better context, as I really do believe that this can change a few things.

here’s a few setups that work:

seeking sai > b2
jik dash b14 seeking sai > b2
b34 seeking sai > dash b2
b131 > b2

it gets even nastier on wake up but timing is strict. things like

jik dash b14 seeking sai > dash (wakeup roll) f234 telekick

actually work and keeps the pressure in kits favor. what do you guys think?

xKhaoTik

cool discovery: b2 is +1~+2 on block at tip range. not entirely sure why but this may be big - and further solidifies Highborn as the better variation.

I’ll be making a video of this soon to give this better context, as I really do believe that this can change a few things.

here’s a few setups that work:

seeking sai > b2
jik dash b14 seeking sai > b2
b34 seeking sai > dash b2
b131 > b2

it gets even nastier on wake up but timing is strict. things like

jik dash b14 seeking sai > dash (wakeup roll) f234 telekick

actually work and keeps the pressure in kits favor. what do you guys think?
Lol b2 being plus has been known since the beginning of the game.

Last edited:

gitblame

Noob
I got back to MK11 today after week of hiatus and tried to play Fearless seriously for first time after I scratched her post patch.
I feel like she might be really good character with some flaws. She fits perfectly for patient play and space controll. She really can make you block a lot of stuff and kill with thousand scratches. Trading with fan-nando is fun - I wish I could do more damage from it though. Just tiny bit, like 2-3 % more.
Her flaw is that when she gets outzoned, she turns into way weaker version of Fan-fare. Her low fan does not really low profile high projectiles, at least in matchups that matter in that case. I don't really see the way to go solo Fearless. I will play her more to be sure about that.
Another possible flaw. I don't know what I do when people will learn to flawless block ex low fan. I kinda use it all the time as an auto spacing tool after blocked strings. For now I haven't played anyone who had that flawless block labbed.

xKhaoTik

I got back to MK11 today after week of hiatus and tried to play Fearless seriously for first time after I scratched her post patch.
I feel like she might be really good character with some flaws. She fits perfectly for patient play and space controll. She really can make you block a lot of stuff and kill with thousand scratches. Trading with fan-nando is fun - I wish I could do more damage from it though. Just tiny bit, like 2-3 % more.
Her flaw is that when she gets outzoned, she turns into way weaker version of Fan-fare. Her low fan does not really low profile high projectiles, at least in matchups that matter in that case. I don't really see the way to go solo Fearless. I will play her more to be sure about that.
Another possible flaw. I don't know what I do when people will learn to flawless block ex low fan. I kinda use it all the time as an auto spacing tool after blocked strings. For now I haven't played anyone who had that flawless block labbed.
Don’t rely on amp low fan. It’s a gimmick, especially when you try to mix it up with the overheads in her strings. You’ll get away with it against noobs and stuff but people who know the MU will blow that shit up quick

You just have to play fearless very basic lol. Zone, abuse b1, fan nado oki and throws. I know that sounds so simple but I that’s how I’ve been playing it and I get results. Foxy plays it like this also.

You definitely can’t solo fearless tho. She has flaws and there’s MUs that give her a hard time. Highborn is pretty much a must if you’re a kitana player