What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
3 questions if yall don't mind

1. What do you do after blocked razors? Even if you make it plus 1 i feel like my options are all on the slow side.

2. How are you supposed to use Seeking Sai? I played for a good 2+ hours and i think i landed Sai only once or twice. If they block it i try to pressure them but how do you setup hits with it?

3. Are there other AA options besides d2?

gitblame

Noob
3 questions if yall don't mind

1. What do you do after blocked razors? Even if you make it plus 1 i feel like my options are all on the slow side.

2. How are you supposed to use Seeking Sai? I played for a good 2+ hours and i think i landed Sai only once or twice. If they block it i try to pressure them but how do you setup hits with it?

3. Are there other AA options besides d2?
1. It's mindgame, isn't it? You and your oponnent don't really know what's the frame data. You can sit there and bait the poke, try to steal a turn back with D3, jump if you feel ballsy. Most often I usually try to bait a poke to get my offence running again

2. It really depends on the matchup. Sometimes you will be able to just zone with it. I don't really count on it to hit someone. But it has really good advantage on block so yeah, you can get your pressure back for free if you made them block sai from good range.

3. Her D3 is good anti air. But you don't really get any damage in highborn from it. I usually go for B3 into B14 gutted / seeking sai for setup. It's something you have to gave up using this variantion. Her anti air game is just weak here.

@Vhozite
Once you get consistent frames with razor cancels enforce the d3 first. Then the opponent will act in two ways.

1. They respect it, here is you chance to throw footsie or got straight into another razor string.

2. They challenge, if they can stuff d3 like geras then let them and razor pressure again or throw on block. If they can't, then take the d3 and continue pressing.

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
The fact I'm forced to play high born and not fan fare because of the new meta is bullshit ....this meta now of do shit because i can is wack... no footsies anymore its move into ex or throw and D4 on block into throw is a thing!? lmao let me know when the next patch is

gitblame

Noob
Fan fate is a big struggle. It outdamages Highborn on paper, but I swear, whenever I outplay someone or punish someone to cash out damage they always have meter to escape. With Highborn I don't give a fuck. I get my guaranteed 20% into +20 restands. Highborn is easy mode compared to Fan-fare

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I usually D3 after razors, but sometimes I'll B13 to push them away a bit. I'm still new to the highborn party so I don't have any good setups for sai throws are razor follow ups yet. I have baited Kung Laos and Scorpions to teleport while fullscreen by using sai stance cancel with a razor follow up. Their teleports get eaten up by the razors.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Am I the only one struggling with Highborn? I honestly don’t know how to follow up blocked razors lol
There is no guaranteed follow up after razors. Don’t let people fool you, it’s simply too inconsistent. What you can do, is understand that you’ve now established a guessing game because while not consistently plus, you are safe.

Flawless blocks, respect, stealing your turn back, etc. all come into play here. It’s about knowing what tactic your opponent favors employing against you.

Are they hesitating before poking? Try stealing your turn back with a d3. Are they throwing? Duck and punish. Immediately mashing their own low poke? Block and punish. There’s no simple answer, you just have to outread your opponent. That’s what makes it interesting though :)

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Am I the only one struggling with Highborn? I honestly don’t know how to follow up blocked razors lol
On block it's just free chip damage, what really makes it scary is on hit because they have to respect what you do. The mix is dashup strike or throw and generally they will push buttons as soon as they see you move forward in which case it just loops.

Also don't forget you don't even have to do razors. Simply doing B231 can let you steal a turn back and don't forget about stance cancels either, especially using B32.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Low fan toss, edenian twist, ground war and low fan. I don't think we will get ground war because it is in another variation.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So Raiden can simply walk back and avoid the razors after blocking b+1,4 on block. LOL.

Edit: Only when Kitana is facing left, I guess.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Edenian twist and low fan toss would be 50/50 town off a jump in but I want the enhanced flutter so we can have fullscreen jump ins ;)

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Edenian twist and low fan toss would be 50/50 town off a junp in but I want the enhanced flutter so we can have fullscreen jump ins ;)
We need ground war for edenian twist. We’re not gonna get ground war twice.

I hope she gets up fan tho. She actually has fan conversions with that.