What's new

Kitana General Discussion

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
My only big issue is that there’s really no reason to use any tool other than b213~db2f. It just covers all of her pressure on hit or block. I started messing with her earlier and found myself winning by literally only using that string and special, along with zoning. She’s very good now, but pretty basic I think.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
People realize we’re pessimistic because we were handed a shitter two games in a row now, right? It’s nice to see Highborn have some potential, but where does that leave Fanfare?

It just sucks for the people that want to play Kitana, not discount Mileena.

DarkSado

Noob
People realize we’re pessimistic because we were handed a shitter two games in a row now, right? It’s nice to see Highborn have some potential, but where does that leave Fanfare?

It just sucks for the people that want to play Kitana, not discount Mileena.
Yea it sucks because I really like fan fare but atm HB is better variation she feel more complete. I come back to Fan fare when they fix it.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
People are claiming she’s top tier lol. “She’s top 10. She’s top 5. She’s Pre patch Aquaman”

I’m not dismissing her tho. She has her strengths but the overreacting is kinda fun to see
Correct me if I am wrong, but she has solid zoning and anti-zoning, good strings that create pressure and mind games with razors, and improved combos that lead to significant hit advantage because of forward razors. You would think she at least qualifies as a mid tier character on paper.

What are Highborn's best corner combos after b+3,4? Does anybody know?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Correct me if I am wrong, but she has solid zoning and anti-zoning, good strings that create pressure and mind games with razors, and improved combos that lead to significant hit advantage because of forward razors. You would think she at least qualifies as a mid tier character on paper.

What are Highborn's best corner combos after b+3,4? Does anybody know?
B34, Razors (3 hits), 12xx Razors (3 hits) or cash out damage with DF2. You can also end with AMP fan toss for a quickstand and enforce a short hop mixup.

The hardest route is landing the B14 after B34 Razors (3 hits) but if you can do it, you can cancel the B14 into fan toss, and then combo off the fan toss with 12 into the ender of your choice.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
My only big issue is that there’s really no reason to use any tool other than b213~db2f. It just covers all of her pressure on hit or block. I started messing with her earlier and found myself winning by literally only using that string and special, along with zoning. She’s very good now, but pretty basic I think.
Winning with one string and some projectiles?

So what you are saying is she and Liu totally deserve each other.

gitblame

Noob
Razors are consistently safe. You can for sure play around that.

Also I think with some practice we will be able to see from how early we released the button and how fans hit on block if we are barely minus / +1 or more negative so we can move accordingly. Your oponnent will have no clue.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
What does holding F do when using edenian razors? Been playing a lot of D’vorah now and forgot Kitty existed for a second lol

gitblame

Noob
Regular edenian razors makes Kitana do a step back. When you press forward, she will stay in place make her edenian razors go further as a results.

xWildx

Once again, I’m going to be the truth bearer of the Kitana community. This Edenian Razors “tech” is wildly inconsistent. Getting +1 (woo hoo) in a match, and KNOWING you’re +1, is nigh impossible.

Is the opponent crouching? Standing? Male? Female? Breathing at the right distance? All of this changes it. Did you release your thumb a fraction of second too early? Late? Goodbye to your plus frames. The chip is good, I’ll give it that. The safety is great, I’ll also concede there. But to claim that Kitana is suddenly top with the most inconsistent bit of “tech” I’ve ever seen posted on these forums is incredibly reaching.

She’s still slow. She still doesn’t get damage. She still gets counter-zoned by anyone with half a brain. I’m sorry lol, but she needs more.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Am I the only one who enjoys the Highborn changes? She has an extra layer of staggers and mixups, especially considering the razors can be cancelled at any point. Also they do loads chip and regular damage lol

xWildx

Am I the only one who enjoys the Highborn changes? She has an extra layer of staggers and mixups, especially considering the razors can be cancelled at any point. Also they do loads chip and regular damage lol
Oh no, don’t get me wrong, her buffs are fantastic. I’m just upset that people are making them out to be way more overwhelming than they actually are.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Oh no, don’t get me wrong, her buffs are fantastic. I’m just upset that people that making them out to be way more overwhelming than they actually are.
Yeah they are pretty great, and I don’t mind losing the +10, I don’t think it was intended to ever be +10 anyway lol

xWildx

Yeah they are pretty great, and I don’t mind losing the +10, I don’t think it was intended to ever be +10 anyway lol

Nooo, +10 in this game would be ridiculous lol, it was clearly an oversight. You’re super right

gitblame

Noob
People focusing too much on razors being +1 - how hard is it to get, is it good etc. The thing is I don't think it's that important. The most important thing is that we have safe mid 5,25% damage on block special. Yes it's super inconsistent to make it +1 but it's consistent to make it safe. I can't imagine having safe mid special doing so much chip damage and being about 20 frames plus on hit being not very good.
Just look how much damage do sequence B14 xx far razors into grab. 35+% meterless unbreakable damage. Instead of grab B231 far razors - almost 7% guaranteed chip. For this damage Fan-fare needs to launch then deal with wakeups or not getting this damage at all because your oponnent had 2 bars of defensive meters.

Add to this stance cancels that adds to Kitana stagger game another layer.