What's new

Kitana General Discussion

I'll say this Highborne essential does about 24% unbreakable and then they have to take about 7% guaranteed chip damage and it is still your turn. That's.. 30% unbreakable and we can steal our turn back. I'm really starting to believe.
Is that mostly just from staggers? I don't have the patch yet as it hasn't dropped on PC, so I can't try stuff yet myself.

Anywhere on the screen and easy to hit confirm. Unbreakable with a chance for reloop if they don't respect the jail. It will destroy casuals for the most part

At high level it will be strong too,but it will take a lot of skill to do all the mixup options. As it is dependent on your execution and reaction to the opponent positioning.

Anywhere on the screen and easy to hit confirm. Unbreakable with a chance for reloop if they don't respect the jail. It will destroy casuals for the most part

At high level it will be strong too,but it will take a lot of skill to do all the mixup options. As it is dependent on your execution and reaction to the opponent positioning.
Wow, not used to thinking of Highborn with that kind of damage. So to clarify, again, since I can't try myself yet: Doing a simple Back 2, 3, 1 ~ Edenian Razors will now net that kind of damage midscreen? Or am I missing something here?

So b231 db2 then b231 db2 again.

The first combo does 200+ depending on side and misc conditions. Then the next one does 55 to 70 chip depending on conditions. Don't ask me to go into detail here about the conditions because too few people care here and it feels futile to post tech here

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just started messing with Highborn and her stagger game is pretty nuts now, especially between holding Razors for 1, 2, or 3 fans. Is there ever a reason to not cancel into Razor now? It’a got built-in stagger and is barely minus to barely plus on block, or crazy plus on hit. Seems like stance cancels are a bit redundant, as are normal staggers.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Just started messing with Highborn and her stagger game is pretty nuts now, especially between holding Razors for 1, 2, or 3 fans. Is there ever a reason to not cancel into Razor now? It’a got built-in stagger and is barely minus to barely plus on block, or crazy plus on hit. Seems like stance cancels are a bit redundant, as are normal staggers.
We think alike lol. All this Highborn talk has me like "ok I don't get it, maybe I'll try to lab her today", then I see this post "2 minutes ago" from you!

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The
Stance cancels are just icing on the cake.

Wait till you not even do fans on block or catch them sleeping with an overhead at the end of b321d2.

And dont get me started when you put up a wall just using b32 razors in the corner. They walk into it because of the giant delay before fans hit. They can't jump either otherwise they eat 29%

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter

The first combo does 200+ depending on side and misc conditions. Then the next one does 55 to 70 chip depending on conditions. Don't ask me to go into detail here about the conditions because too few people care here and it feels futile to post tech here
This seems to only work while facing left. When facing right, only 2 fans will hit. It still does almost 20% and leaves you around +20 if you release just as the 2nd fan connects, though.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
What is her most damaging punish? I can’t get any damage out of 12~special. So she can only really punish things that are worse than -13?

Does anyone have any videos of Highborn in action?

@xKhaoTik You mean the change to her B1,2 in Piercing (I think it was B1,2)? No, she was still phenomenal after that; people definitely overreacted to that nerf. I miss Mileena.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
This seems to only work while facing left. When facing right, only 2 fans will hit. It still does almost 20% and leaves you around +20 if you release just as the 2nd fan connects, though.
In the corner, fans always three hits on hit and leave you plus 1 if you only do the first 2.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder

Is this the bulk of what I need to know to not die of total ignorance against whatever surge of interest is going on around this variation? If I get hit, I have to hold that chip?

I loaded HB up one time for 5 min and was like nope. I hate everything about this one. I don't ever have to actually worry about being good, and I want to avoid HB as much as possible and just stay in my Fan Fare lane, but I should probably pay enough attention to not get caught in some trap everyone else knows.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Is this the bulk of what I need to know to not die of total ignorance against whatever surge of interest is going on around this variation? If I get hit, I have to hold that chip?
No. After the razors hit, you can flawless block every follow up, in which case you would mix up your timing on the next attack or start throwing.

What is her most damaging punish? I can’t get any damage out of 12~special.
Jab punishment seems to be severely lacking, but 1,2 xx EX fan toss does the most damage. 1,2 xx d,f+2 does slightly less damage and switches sides. 1,2 xx razors (hold forward and stop after first fan) does 10% and is +16 on hit.

I dislike the pessimism in this forum. Nobody is claiming Highborn is top tier, but the variation should not yet be dismissed.

Last edited:
Yea that nerf. On top of the ex roll and f3 nerf. Smh lol
Well for ex Ball Roll, everyone lost their conventional armoured launchers; it was an overall mechanic change for the entire game! I was a day one Mileena Main, and she was still my main when I stopped playing just before Mortal Kombat 11 launched. She ended up being a fantastic character.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I dislike the pessimism in this forum. Nobody is claiming Highborn is top tier, but the variation should not yet be dismissed.
People are claiming she’s top tier lol. “She’s top 10. She’s top 5. She’s Pre patch Aquaman”

I’m not dismissing her tho. She has her strengths but the overreacting is kinda fun to see

@M2Dave
Correct flawless block would be the best option. The problem is that the plus frames on hit are in the 20s so you would still have to guess all the options that can fit there. It is an extremely advantageous position to be in for no resources spent and still great position on block.

@xKhaoTik
I am going off the work yourself and other kitana players have put in. All of you have stated match up numbers that reflects highborn being 5 5 or better across the board with the exception of a couple characters? I am also assuming she is buffed. I know many disagreed with my assessment which I am fine with. But if you do agree that she is buffed while non of her bad match ups got buffed, that has to put her in the conversation of top characters. I hope that is a fair.

In the end I can care less about top 5 or 10 or 15. To me it is whether the character can fight the roster or not. If anyone does feel she gets dominated by a certain match up I'd like to start there with my practice and discussion. Thanks again for the help everyone has been giving.