What's new

Strategy Kitana General discussion

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Off topic, but I also do blogs. Once I get established within the community, I'll do a blog on how my experience MK community to give it more publicity if thats cool with the website moderators.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I expect to make AT LEAST top 64 at Winter Brawl

Anyway,

NEW GIMMICKS. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THEM YOU WILL BE TREATED AS A HOSTILE.

F3 - Ever bothered by trying to do dash 3 or dash d3 and getting f3? Well did you know f3 by itself is +12 on hit and 0 on block? Just like regular pretty kick, it sets up the guessing game of throws or strings. It also has the advantage of being an anti-poke tool like b1 and b3, and I've actually found it to be the most successful against d4's despite its slowness.

Cutter - This move is never used by itself, but its weird hitbox properties are making me rethink that. I've had this accidentally come out sometimes and because of the motion it can make a lot of high attacks whiff. I'll need to test it more to see what it can avoid, but this should be explored.

Also, I have a question for you guys. What do you all do after hitting a cutter with the opponent in the corner? I've found that dashing back and jumping in can give them time to AA or at least lower themselves with d3 or something to avoid it. So you can't jail any cutter strings unless you crossover, which isn't optimal unless it's going to kill because you want to keep them in the corner. So, 33? f4 mixup? Walkup grab?

Reactions: 7L

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

Anyway,

F3 - Ever bothered by trying to do dash 3 or dash d3 and getting f3? Well did you know f3 by itself is +12 on hit and 0 on block? Just like regular pretty kick, it sets up the guessing game of throws or strings. It also has the advantage of being an anti-poke tool like b1 and b3, and I've actually found it to be the most successful against d4's despite its slowness.

Cutter - This move is never used by itself, but its weird hitbox properties are making me rethink that. I've had this accidentally come out sometimes and because of the motion it can make a lot of high attacks whiff. I'll need to test it more to see what it can avoid, but this should be explored.

Also, I have a question for you guys. What do you all do after hitting a cutter with the opponent in the corner? I've found that dashing back and jumping in can give them time to AA or at least lower themselves with d3 or something to avoid it. So you can't jail any cutter strings unless you crossover, which isn't optimal unless it's going to kill because you want to keep them in the corner. So, 33? f4 mixup? Walkup grab?

I hate f3 lol.

I've accidentally gotten cutter by itself too and I always wondered if it was good to use it by itself. Go test it lol

When I land a cutter in the corner, 90% of the time, I go for 33 pressure. The other 10% is d3, d4, grab, etc

7L

Heads up!

Anyway,

In the corner I usually just go for grabs and F4 mix ups

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Some more things that have been on my mind -

33 - I was discussing this for a little bit with GuamoKun the other day and I think there could be better use for it after the safe jump off cutter. The problem with 11 mixups is that while it's neutral on block, you can react to the recovery and tech or armor grab attempts. 33 recovers very quickly and I don't think I've had anyone react to the grab after. However, 33~cutter off a jip gives less chip and less meter than 112~cutter, so these should be mixed up. I'm thinking about using 112~cutter, 33 throw, and 33~cutter as my go-to jip strings.

ex fan - I think I talked about this before but it's still being underused (by myself too, admittedly). It's a great whiff punisher, but it's usually just used in the Kenshi matchup. It's useful in a ton of whiff situations throughout the cast. For example, crossing over advancing strings (like Liu's), against Noob's upshadow and portals (you can combo even if the portal hits most times), and against Sektor's flamethrower. xKhaoTikx also showed me it's useful against zoning, particularly in the mirror matchup as it lowers her hitbox and can make an iaf go over her head if it isn't low enough.

b3 - This has been discussed as well as the hitbox properties make it a great anti-poke tool, but I've noticed that you can hit whiffed pokes on reaction with it too. For example, when a short-range d1 doesn't hit you up close, you can throw out b3~ex fan to combo it.

d4 mixup - This should be kinda known, but i still see it being a problem sometimes. D4 is very positive on hit, and allows for a walkup grab or f21 mixup. However, if they jump the best you'd get is a f21 into d1~special. When they start doing this, you can throw out something like f2~fan to check them if they think they're safe.

f21 corner death - A lot of times when we hit a f21 in the corner and it's going to kill, we'll go for something stupid like jk~fan. Do f21, njp~fan, 2~lift. It looks swaggy and your opponent will lose confidence in their lives and will allow you to exert your power and dominance over them.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Hey Guamo don't talk to me ever again until you make top 8 at a major. I can't be seen associating with the likes of you.

brb bathing in my prize money

Reactions: 7L

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
YO KITANA!

WHAT R U DOIN?!?!?

KITANA FORUMS NEEDS REVIVED

WE NEED TO TALK BAOUT KITANA. HUR FACE. HUR HAIR. HUR ELEGANCE

GET BACK IN HERE

Also......

I'm going to say it before he gets to.....

I have a confession to make......... Tonight, I got with a certain other Kitana player while in bed. We messed around a little, hit each other a few times even. His name was GuamoKun.

and.......

He babied me with Cyber Sub.

;_;

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

I have a confession to make......... Tonight, I got with a certain other Kitana player while in bed. We messed around a little, hit each other a few times even. His name was GuamoKun.

and.......

;_;
You whore.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
YO KITANA!

WHAT R U DOIN?!?!?

KITANA FORUMS NEEDS REVIVED

WE NEED TO TALK BAOUT KITANA. HUR FACE. HUR HAIR. HUR ELEGANCE

GET BACK IN HERE

Also......

and.......

;_;
your life is disqualified and you need to dismiss yourself from the premises

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

rev0lver babying CSZ is like beating up on the elderly.

That being said, I was thinking...should there be a thread for Kitana's counter poking games and what not? With a list of what strings could be used for setups?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
That being said, I was thinking...should there be a thread for Kitana's counter poking games and what not? With a list of what strings could be used for setups?
That's actually a good idea. Even though that's like revealing all my secret tech and I can't be original anymore. I have like a kajillion setups