What's new

General/Other Kitana Frame Data Conclusions/Blocked String Gaps

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
First of all, big credit to Somberness. I used his frame data to draw these conclusions.

This is a rough draft of a chart I made to show all of the frame gaps in Kitana's combo strings. ALL of her combo strings. I wanted to make these charts to see what strings are punishable, and what I can do to punish them. Some strings have large gaps. Some strings have gaps of only 1 or 2 frames. Unfortunately you have to know your own character's frame data to find out what you can punish with, but I plan on making these charts for as many characters as I can.

I want to point out though that just because something has a certain amount of frames in a gap, that doesn't necessarily mean that only moves of that amount of frames or less will win. Moves like mileena's d4 can throw things off due to having such a low hitbox, but this is a rare case.

Like I said earlier, this is a rough draft. If there's any erroneous information or anything that looks like a typo, let me know. If you have any suggestions to make this easier to read, I'm open. If you have any questions let me know.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I don't understand the b2 section. She can only cancel b2 into air fan/xray/air ass but this list has her canceling it into pretty kick and such.

Overall, thanks for this. Learned a few things here :)

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I don't understand the b2 section. She can only cancel b2 into air fan/xray/air ass but this list has her canceling it into pretty kick and such.

Overall, thanks for this. Learned a few things here :)
Yeah my bad. Just realized that. Ill remove those other specials from that string.

EDIT: Ok. Fixed.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
OMG I love this layout, I'd love something like this for all character forums, did you use regular microsoft excel? I would make one for my characters as a sticky potentially.
Yeah, excel 2007. I have 2010, but I'm too lazy to install it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'm a noob at frame data; is the first Execution column the number of frames the attack takes? If it is, 3 by itself is slower than 333? I must not understand that that column is.
For moves that have more than one hit in the string like 333, the frame data is incremental. The first 3 has 12 frames of startup as shown in the column for 3 itself. Then the second kick in 333 is 14 frames after the first kick. Then the third kick in 333 is 9 frames after the second kick.

Hope that helps.

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
Chaosphere

There are some numbers for the normals cancelled into specials that confuse me. For instance you have the frame gap for 4-Fakeout and D4-Fakeout at 13 frames, shouldn't it be 5 frames since the execution of fakeout is 31f and both 4 and d4 have a cancel adv of +26 on block?

I'm wondering if there are other things you're taking into consideration or if it's just an oversight.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
EDIT: n/m, I'm a noob.

I'm sure this formula is correct:
Special Move - (Cancel Advantage + Block Advantage) = Gap

So, d4~fok should be 5f (31-(26-0)=5), but 4~fok should be 12f (31-(26-7)=12).

4x4lo8o

Noob
Chaosphere
There are some numbers for the normals cancelled into specials that confuse me. For instance you have the frame gap for 4-Fakeout and D4-Fakeout at 13 frames, shouldn't it be 5 frames since the execution of fakeout is 31f and both 4 and d4 have a cancel adv of +26 on block?

I'm wondering if there are other things you're taking into consideration or if it's just an oversight.
The way you calculated should be right. The entire section for 4 and d4 are actually off by 8 frames. 33, b33, and f4 appear to be off as well

Chaosphere

The numbers for f4 cancel advantage and f3 on block and hit, as well as your gap data for the strings(probably because of f4) don't match Somberness numbers from the frame data thread

Tong Lung

I'm sure this formula is correct:
Special Move - (Cancel Advantage + Block Advantage) = Gap

So, d4~fok should be 5f (31-(26-0)=5), but 4~fok should be 12f (31-(26-7)=12).

Please correct me if I am wrong Chaosphere Somberness
I don't believe that's correct. If it is it would make every one of the numbers on this chart wrong for the moves/strings that are negative on block.

For example, for 112 cancelled into fok:
31fr- (19fr -13fr) = 25fr

Doesn't match Chaosphere's numbers at all, but the method Tong Lung used does

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
I see, I've been using the (cancel adv-execution) formula regardless of whether it applied to a string of normals or special moves.

Somberness

Do you ever have to consider the block adv when calculating frame gaps or is the (cancel advantage-execution of the move being cancelled into) formula universal for normals and specials?

4x4lo8o

Noob
I see, I've been using the (cancel adv-execution) formula regardless of whether it applied to a string of normals or special moves.

Somberness

Do you ever have to consider the block adv when calculating frame gaps or is the (cancel advantage-execution of the move being cancelled into) formula universal for normals and specials?
That's the correct way to do it. Block advantage doesn't matter if you cancel into another move. If you're cancelling only use cancel advantage. Nothing changes between normals and specials, it's always the difference between cancel advantage and execution

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
That's the correct way to do it. Block advantage doesn't matter if you cancel into another move. If you're cancelling only use cancel advantage. Nothing changes between normals and specials, it's always the difference between cancel advantage and execution
That's good to know, otherwise I'd have a lot of editing to do

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
True, I'm a gap noob lol