What's new

Kitana "Fearless" Variation Discussion

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Where this variation excels is zoning. Fannado is such a strong tool that they can not trade with you unless they want to eat about 16%+ percent depending on distance. Hell, using it on a meaty wakeup after a string like B14 is also very good because it covers all wakeup options except forward roll. But if they do, you can still throw punish or check with a poke.
Lastly, WHIFF YOUR FATAL BLOW, you essentially get the ability to combine two KB if you manage to land a jump in or a fannados and many times it can take so long that the fatal blow can recharge during your combo for the kill.
Does the Fannado oki after b14 cover delayed wake up too?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I think the best option for her combos that don't spend meter, ex: b231xx low fan is to walk back a bit and toss a straight fan.

This will cover most options. In particular, jump ins since we can now convert for 20% off of it if they do disrespect the +9 on hit.

Only In the corner can we check with normals.

You might be wondering why not walk back fan nado and that's because it is inconsistent. Most of the time you get players who will jump, and in most cases, they go right over the fannado.

Of course, you can walk back and see how they respond; our s1 has a higher hitbox above it so we can easily snipe jump ins, especially neutral jumps.

KriegerOfLucent

Embrace Walkback™
Guys, I have a question. If you successfully land the FB, the BF3 KB becomes impossible, except in the first 10 seconds after you have landed the FB, AS IF it was on cd. After that, it becomes inaccessible. Intended or bug? What do you think about that?

kevkopdx

Noob
So I just did the air edenian twist krushing blow after connecting my fatal blow... bug or is there a fatal blow cooldown regardless if it hits or not?

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
So I just did the air edenian twist krushing blow after connecting my fatal blow... bug or is there a fatal blow cooldown regardless if it hits or not?
I was watching a video I think it was REO who said that you can connect the Krushing blow the same round you land your fatal blow

kevkopdx

Noob
I was watching a video I think it was REO who said that you can connect the Krushing blow the same round you land your fatal blow
Still makes no sense from what the requirement says ... doesn’t seem likely that a fatal blow connecting has a cooldown, either way it’s good to know you can use it on hit or whiff lol

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
If your FB is on cooldown, you have access to the KB

If you have connect with the FB, you still have access to the KB. You even have access to it in round 2 or 3 if you haven’t landed the KB yet. If you get to 30%, the KB requirement is met.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
There is some huge scaling on AMP air fan, now sure if it's worth using in combos atm other than fannado trades