What's new

Kitana Comprehensive Change Wishlist

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
This is what my video will cover but I figured I'd type it out for those interested in what I'd do. What Kitana mostly needs are a lot of universal buffs and Highborn nerfs. She is a HUGE disservice to Kitana fans and I'd love to see her be better. Universal buffs are the majority of what she needs IMO.

Universal Changes:

1: U3 is 6f startup +10 on hit, U2 is 9F startup and does 100 damage. Hitboxes of both moves are extended forward to ensure they actually hit.

2: S1 is 7F stop this shit with 8f S1's.

3: B131 does 145.30 damage

4: 21434 is special cancelable into air specials

5: B231 is now -12 on block.

6: B231343 is now +3 on block

7: The final hit of B231D2 does 100 damage up from 70

8: F234 now KB's if the whole string hits as a kounter hit, rewarding her for whiff punishment

9: 3212 is now special cancelable. In theory after labbing, this would be her universal combo ender if it were.

Fanfare Changes:

1: Royal Protection buff now lasts 8 seconds. Now has an Amplify option to simply give yourself the buff anytime you want.

Highborn Changes:

1: Edenian Razors are now always at least -15 on block. Forcing her to have to dual layer hit confirm into it on hit or halfblood stance cancels to stay safe. This should not be a pressure move.

2: Divekick MB is now a true comboable stun

Fearless Changes:

1: Fan-Nado does 70 damage on hit from 30

2: Edenian Twist KB requirement is changed to trigger if two in a row hit. Why are we giving characters KB's for fucking up with their fatal blow exactly?

So what do the Kitana mains on here think?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
1: U3 is 6f startup +10 on hit, U2 is 9F startup and does 100 damage. Hitboxes of both moves are extended forward to ensure they actually hit.
Yes, ESPECIALLY u2.
I’d rather s2 buffed to 9f. Having a 13f jab is ridiculously bad. Plus this will help fearless since s2 combos into fan nado (she doesn’t have a quick starter punish at all)
why?
1: Edenian Razors are now always at least -15 on block. Forcing her to have to dual layer hit confirm into it on hit or halfblood stance cancels to stay safe. This should not be a pressure move.
this would ruin highborn. I’d rather they just nerf the chip. -15 is kinda crazy
Eh it’s already her turn after an amp tele.

Only thing I hope she gets is a buff to s2, SOMETHING DONE TO B2 SO WE DONT GET PUNISHED FOR ANTI AIRING THEM, u2 buff and fan + air fan + lift in a combo back.

Chernyy Volk

Yes, ESPECIALLY u2.

I’d rather s2 buffed to 9f. Having a 13f jab is ridiculously bad. Plus this will help fearless since s2 combos into fan nado (she doesn’t have a quick starter punish at all)

why?

this would ruin highborn. I’d rather they just nerf the chip. -15 is kinda crazy

Eh it’s already her turn after an amp tele.

Only thing I hope she gets is a buff to s2, SOMETHING DONE TO B2 SO WE DONT GET PUNISHED FOR ANTI AIRING THEM, u2 buff and fan + air fan + lift in a combo back.
"I’d rather s2 buffed to 9f. Having a 13f jab is ridiculously bad. Plus this will help fearless since s2 combos into fan nado (she doesn’t have a quick starter punish at all)"

The buff I suggested for 21434 turns this into a high damage combo starter. It shouldn't be 9f dawg lol

"why?"

I feel like you didn't look at the changes to the rest of the series in context.

B231 is for whiff punishment, if she wants to do it on block, she has to commit to B23343 for plus frames or she has to commit to B231D2 and lose her turn definitively. It both parses more functionality out of the string while adding a bit of defensive depth to it.

"this would ruin highborn. I’d rather they just nerf the chip. -15 is kinda crazy"

No it wouldn't. You gotta think about Highborn in the context of all the universal changes. Edenian razors should never be a pressure tool. It should be a corner combo conversion tool or a pressure on hit tool she gets for hit confirming. It's one of the tools that's a good example of everything wrong with this game where you have one really good move that legitimizes an otherwise mediocre character. I know the move is jank as well and there's fucked up tech around it but that variability should just be removed period IMO.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
The buff I suggested for 21434 turns this into a high damage combo starter. It shouldn't be 9f dawg lol
The plethora of characters who have a fast starter that lead into damage but you would have a problem with kitana having one for ONE variation (because this would only lead to big damage in fan fare)? Fearless currently lacks a quick punish. Anything less than -13 only gets punished by 12 fan toss/low fan/gut slice. It doesn’t combo into fan nado. Not even in the corner.
S2 being 9f would help that since s2 combos into fan nado. And even if 21434 became special cancellable, she wouldn’t get much from it mid screen unless she had the Edenian twist KB loaded (LOL).

Chernyy Volk

The plethora of characters who have a fast starter that lead into damage but you would have a problem with kitana having one for ONE variation (because this would only lead to big damage in fan fare)? Fearless currently lacks a quick punish. Anything less than -13 only gets punished by 12 fan toss/low fan/gut slice. It doesn’t combo into fan nado. Not even in the corner.
S2 being 9f would help that since s2 combos into fan nado. And even if 21434 became special cancellable, she wouldn’t get much from it mid screen unless she had the Edenian twist KB loaded (LOL).
We don't know because we have no idea what the scaling would look like you can't really say that.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Outside of the 21343 and getup attack buffs this all reads like nonsense. She needs plus frames, but I don’t feel like b231343 is the string to do it off of. If anything, just make it safer on block (-3/-4) so she’s not quite as negative as she is for them blocking the overhead ender without much at all of a reward. She doesn’t have mixups to open people up. Her being -7 on fucking everything hurts, especially in Fan-Fare.

Increase the hitbox of 21 and make that plus on block. Increasing the speed of standing 2 to allow her to jail into it off of a low poke would be great, too.

Her back walk speed and back dash needs adjusted. It’s like moving through sludge with her and hurts her neutral game.

Highborne chip is okbut the option to make it plus on block should be removed altogether, -2 or -3 would be fine.

B2 needs to launch or splat airborne opponents. This is ridiculous.

Fix the hitbox of her b1 and f2 so they don’t get low profiled by everything under the fucking sun.

Add bleed damage to her df2 Krushing Blow.
Make ass KB punishment regardless of distance.

Make enhanced fan safer on block or increase its pushback.

Either slightly increase the range of her d3 or slightly increase the speed of her d1.

Make spending a bar on her damage actually mean something glares at Sindel

Don’t allow people to break out of lift. That is, unless you start allowing people to break out of all the other shit that works like lift, then by all means don’t touch it.

Just give her a damn Mileena premier skin so I’m not as emo my girl missed this game.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I'm eagerly awaiting Chernyy to get to D'Vorah, Jade, and Kabal for lists. Those'll be interesting.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Edenian razors now do less chip
Double Fan toss now has 3 more recovery frames before going back to neutral.
Last hit of the string B231d2 now has half of its blockstun removed when flawless blocked.
Last hit of the string B231d2 no longer creates pushback when flawless blocked.
B231 can no longer be continued if first hit gets flawless blocked.

Chernyy Volk

Outside of the 21343 and getup attack buffs this all reads like nonsense. She needs plus frames, but I don’t feel like b231343 is the string to do it off of. If anything, just make it safer on block (-3/-4) so she’s not quite as negative as she is for them blocking the overhead ender without much at all of a reward. She doesn’t have mixups to open people up. Her being -7 on fucking everything hurts, especially in Fan-Fare.

Increase the hitbox of 21 and make that plus on block. Increasing the speed of standing 2 to allow her to jail into it off of a low poke would be great, too.

Her back walk speed and back dash needs adjusted. It’s like moving through sludge with her and hurts her neutral game.

Highborne chip is okbut the option to make it plus on block should be removed altogether, -2 or -3 would be fine.

B2 needs to launch or splat airborne opponents. This is ridiculous.

Fix the hitbox of her b1 and f2 so they don’t get low profiled by everything under the fucking sun.

Add bleed damage to her df2 Krushing Blow.
Make ass KB punishment regardless of distance.

Make enhanced fan safer on block or increase its pushback.

Either slightly increase the range of her d3 or slightly increase the speed of her d1.

Make spending a bar on her damage actually mean something glares at Sindel

Don’t allow people to break out of lift. That is, unless you start allowing people to break out of all the other shit that works like lift, then by all means don’t touch it.

Just give her a damn Mileena premier skin so I’m not as emo my girl missed this game.
Ok but why? My changes do nothing but buff her and give her back the identity people associate with her. All you're doing here IMO is making her another boring stock MK11 character.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Ok but why? My changes do nothing but buff her and give her back the identity people associate with her. All you're doing here IMO is making her another boring stock MK11 character.
Actually.... my changes would allow her to be the whiff punishing, combo goddess we know and love her to be. You’re the one that wants -15 razors.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Man, I know you're salty about losing to me in KL but.. seriously? Smh

Highborne needs no nerfs or buffs; fanfare and fearless toolkit should be the focus.

I see the flawless block changes as a bug fix, and that b231 change would murder fanfare to unplayable lmao

Zviko

Noob
I only agree with number 6. That string should be plus. I'd also like if projectile absorb would work like Terminator's where you can hold it and absorbs multiple, not just one. I don't think fan fare needs anything else except some hitbox issues and better U2.

This is what my video will cover but I figured I'd type it out for those interested in what I'd do. What Kitana mostly needs are a lot of universal buffs and Highborn nerfs. She is a HUGE disservice to Kitana fans and I'd love to see her be better. Universal buffs are the majority of what she needs IMO.

Universal Changes:

3: B131 does 145.30 damage

4: 21434 is special cancelable into air specials

6: B231343 is now +3 on block

7: The final hit of B231D2 does 100 damage up from 70

8: F234 now KB's if the whole string hits as a kounter hit, rewarding her for whiff punishment

9: 3212 is now special cancelable. In theory after labbing, this would be her universal combo ender if it were.

Fanfare Changes:

1: Royal Protection buff now lasts 8 seconds. Now has an Amplify option to simply give yourself the buff anytime you want.

Highborn Changes:

Fearless Changes:

1: Fan-Nado does 70 damage on hit from 30

2: Edenian Twist KB requirement is changed to trigger if two in a row hit. Why are we giving characters KB's for fucking up with their fatal blow exactly?

So what do the Kitana mains on here think?
I like the idea of making 21434 special cancellable. That allows her to MB Air Fan Toss and go into a conversion. I don’t know why everyone overlooked that.

B231 being unsafe isn’t something that needs to happen. I do see what you’re trying to do with the options that the string can give though, just don’t think that needs to happen.

Making B231343 plus gives the string some use and actually creates a mixup between that and the D2 option cause you can duck the high. The only thing is the characters that can poke her out of any cancel into those options wouldn’t have to worry about any of the options.

F234 is a nice change in order to achieve the KB, because the requirement is trash atm, even for Fearless.

3212 could be her ideal combo ender, but the range doesn’t help at all. It’s only possible to land in the corner, so i don’t believe it’ll get her too far.

I like the changes to razors, it should just function how it did prior to the buffs where they had some amount of depth and creativity. They are very cheap and offer too much for a move that doesn’t have a universal counter.

Dive Kick doesn’t need to be comboable, sai stance already allows you to create pressure anywhere on the map and gives you the opportunity to avoid zoning all together.

The buff to Fan-Nado is interesting and unique, the change will make it more of a zoning tool, but i hope it wont be too much.

Edenian Twist KB requirement change is pretty good, but i feel like it’ll only be slightly more achievable than it already is.

Overall, the list is pretty well-thought, and it’s not complete nonsense like a lot of people are asking for. Nice job Cherny!

Last edited: