What's new

Question Kitana Combo Q's

Hi all,

I was going over revOlver's combo guide here and gave some of them a whirl, and I'm hoping someone can help me clear up a few things:

1) f21, b2~air fan, ground fan, 2~ground fan, 2/f2~cutter - with 2 cutter (39%/42%/45%/47%) with f2 cutter (40%/43%/45%/48%)

I play on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation Vita, and I can pull this off on my Vita very well, but not so much on the Xbox 360. I do use a stock Xbox 360 Controller which does have that sorry D-Pad, which makes rolling motions a lot less reliable. With this combo, I find it drops at 2~ground fan where it usually does a 1 as opposed to said ground fan.

Anyone here play with a basic Xbox 360 Controller and any tips for that D-Pad? I can do a stripped down version more reliably, oddly enough, pretty much cutting out 2~ground fan and simply going straight into 2~cutter.

2) 21~lift, ground fan, b2~air fan, 4~ground fan, f2~cutter(38%/41%/44%/47%)

In order to get the b2~air fan to connect, I need to dash forward before doing the first ground fan, but I'm never close enough to get the 4 to connect and dashing in doesn't seem to work either. Can anyone please elaborate better on the spacing for this combo to help get everything to connect?

Thanks!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Hi all,

I was going over revOlver's combo guide here and gave some of them a whirl, and I'm hoping someone can help me clear up a few things:

1) f21, b2~air fan, ground fan, 2~ground fan, 2/f2~cutter - with 2 cutter (39%/42%/45%/47%) with f2 cutter (40%/43%/45%/48%)

I play on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation Vita, and I can pull this off on my Vita very well, but not so much on the Xbox 360. I do use a stock Xbox 360 Controller which does have that sorry D-Pad, which makes rolling motions a lot less reliable. With this combo, I find it drops at 2~ground fan where it usually does a 1 as opposed to said ground fan.

Anyone here play with a basic Xbox 360 Controller and any tips for that D-Pad? I can do a stripped down version more reliably, oddly enough, pretty much cutting out 2~ground fan and simply going straight into 2~cutter.

2) 21~lift, ground fan, b2~air fan, 4~ground fan, f2~cutter(38%/41%/44%/47%)

In order to get the b2~air fan to connect, I need to dash forward before doing the first ground fan, but I'm never close enough to get the 4 to connect and dashing in doesn't seem to work either. Can anyone please elaborate better on the spacing for this combo to help get everything to connect?

Thanks!
1 - You are pressing the 1 too soon if you are getting 21 instead of 2~ground fan. I would check your inputs in training mode when you try the combo and fail to see what you are doing wrong.

2 - To get in range for the 4 to connect, it's easiest to dash block (ff~block~f). Also, you can leave out the first ground fan and wait until they begin to fall from the lift before you do b2~air fan if you are having troubles with it.

1 - You are pressing the 1 too soon if you are getting 21 instead of 2~ground fan. I would check your inputs in training mode when you try the combo and fail to see what you are doing wrong.

2 - To get in range for the 4 to connect, it's easiest to dash block (ff~block~f). Also, you can leave out the first ground fan and wait until they begin to fall from the lift before you do b2~air fan if you are having troubles with it.
Hi Konqrr,

Firstly thank you for replying; much appreciated!

1) That's the odd thing, I actually did check that before posting here. Sure enough, it's showing right in Training mode. Down, Forward, 1. I also find it odd that I can do 2, Cutter much better. Perhaps I'll try a different Controller in case my primary one is damaged, but seeing as how I'm able to do the Fan Throws in the rest of that combo and other combos and such, I don't expect so.

2) I'll give that a whirl the next time I have a minute.

Thanks!

Konqrr So last night I tried again the first combo I listed in Practice, and confirmed it's showing I'm doing the inputs right: 2, Down, Forward, 1. Traditionally still does 2,1 though. I can consistently do 2, Down, Forward, 2 though, and that works. Ironic seeing as how it's simply one face button difference.

I tried a second Controller just in case, and same deal.

On a few rare occasions, and I've seen this happen in Mortal Kombat before with another character, it would do a 2~Cutter, even though it clearly showed I did 2~D,F, Fan Throw. Very odd.

Again, this isn't a problem in the Vita version, just on my Xbox 360.

Still need to retry the second combo I listed based off your suggestions.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Make sure you are releasing 2 before you complete the motion for df (to prevent negative edge) and press 1 later than you think you need to.

I used to get random cutters when I went to end combos and it's because I was doing things too soon or too fast. Once I slowed down my inputs, everything worked right.

Thanks Konqrr, I'll give that a whirl.

Playing more on my Vita (during my commutes), there I can do the combo no problem.

I still can't properly to the 2,1~lift one I posted above, but I tinkered around in training and am doing:

JIP, F4, 1~Lift, JK, Instant Air Fan, Ground Fan, 2~ Ground Fan, 2~Cutter. Does 37% which isn't too shabby.