What's new

Kitana anti-roll OPTION SELECT in the corner

I was playing around with trying to get a free neutral jump on knockdown, and figured out that B142 grants the advantage to do it. I set the opponent to roll to see if they can punish the whiffed B231 but to my surprise the string didn't come out, and standing 3 came the other way. And then a light went off in my head and I theorized that an option select could be possible. And sure enough, IT WORKS.

This is 100% practical and usable in matches. I already landed it multiple times in matches the very same night that I discovered this.

This isn't a matchup or tier changing OS, but it limits options on wakeup and could easily kill someone who is trying to escape the corner.

@HellblazerHawkman
@CrimsonShadow

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

I'm glad you're back serving us this great information. The science and breakdown is fantastic. That level of accessibility and breakdown is something people could learn to include in their videos.
Thanks man. I'm not the most consistency competitive player, but this kind of work is what really drives me. I just wish i could get some traffic to my twiitter and youtube channel! I'm finding all this incredible stuff and no one sees it. :(

Thanks man. I'm not the most consistency competitive player, but this kind of work is what really drives me. I just wish i could get some traffic to my twiitter and youtube channel! I'm finding all this incredible stuff and no one sees it. :(
It’s hard building an audience, just followed you, keep up the good work

Really great tech find. Will try to commit-to-memory.
The best way to practice is to always do the option select string even if you're not using it. When you hit with b231, do b23db1. Just so its automatic when you finally need it. Watch the video and see that when i do the full combo setup, im actually inputting the OS string as im hitting them. Just to get it in my muscle memory.

nice, but these os's are cancer, wasnt there another thread about a universal os? with all these os's people are finding against wake ups, makes me think something needs to be looked at.

I was playing around with trying to get a free neutral jump on knockdown, and figured out that B142 grants the advantage to do it. I set the opponent to roll to see if they can punish the whiffed B231 but to my surprise the string didn't come out, and standing 3 came the other way. And then a light went off in my head and I theorized that an option select could be possible. And sure enough, IT WORKS.

View attachment 15060

This is 100% practical and usable in matches. I already landed it multiple times in matches the very same night that I discovered this.

This isn't a matchup or tier changing OS, but it limits options on wakeup and could easily kill someone who is trying to escape the corner.

@HellblazerHawkman
@CrimsonShadow
You can do a similar thing with Shang Tsung and his 112 string

nice, but these os's are cancer, wasnt there another thread about a universal os? with all these os's people are finding against wake ups, makes me think something needs to be looked at.
OS's are not cancer. It's a very situational OS based on a corner knockdown using one string that has THREE different ways to counter it. Just because it's an OS doesn't make it bad. It's not like MKX where you could make Raiden's Overhead safe with an OS and there's nothing you can do about it. This is nothing compared to that. Don't overreact.

Oh my god, this is amazing. Thank you for sharing!
Right off the bat I think this might be amazing against characters with great u2 wake-ups like Kabal and Geras, I’ll practice this for sure

Great stuff!

While in the corner, the better combo from B231~lift would be nj3, b14~fan toss, 12~(ender of choice, Amp square wave, df2 KB, or finish the string with d2 if you don’t have meter to burn).

I’m not home tight now to lab anything, but going off what you said, you probably could do B231~lift, nj3, b142 and go right back into the OS if you wanted to.

Great stuff!

While in the corner, the better combo from B231~lift would be nj3, b14~fan toss, 12~(ender of choice, Amp square wave, df2 KB, or finish the string with d2 if you don’t have meter to burn).

I’m not home tight now to lab anything, but going off what you said, you probably could do B231~lift, nj3, b142 and go right back into the OS if you wanted to.
Well, "better" combo how? More damaging, yes. Setting up B2 to punish wakeup buttons, yes. But this is a totally different setup.

There's a reason why I augmented the combo for this video. The combo you listed "B231~lift, nj3, b142" doesn't setup the OS reliably do to B1 hitting them too high and there not being enough gravity pulling them to the ground. This is why the medium height nj3 is followed by a dash d3. 1) for timing, 2) for height.
But im hoping someone can find more ways to practically apply this.

Seems like if you get high gravity it works really easily. I've been getting it consistently with

1. b213 -> db2 -> j2 -> j.2 -> b142
  2. b14 -> db2 -> j2 -> j.2 -> b142
The double j.2 leaves them really low to the ground with high gravity that late in the combo.
Will still work with jump-ins.