What's new

KiT 2019 Mortal Kombat X and Injustice 2 Results

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
It's that time of the year: Kumite in Tennessee 2019. Well, it was 2 days ago anyway. If, like me, you missed the details on who won what and whose mom popped off on Kitana Prime because she was happy her son won, have I got the thread for you!

Don't have it in me to watch 8 hours of VODS to do my usual breakdown for you guys, so this one will be a little light. If you want to catch what happened for yourself, here is the link to Injustice 2's Top 8 and head on over to around 5:56:00 for the Mortal Kombat X Top 8 (those matches aren't isolated into their own video yet). If you just want to know who won what, that'll be in the spoiler below. Also worth noting that the legendary Ninjakiller did make his first public appearance, and while he was too late to register for pools, he was apparently cleaning up at the casual stations. So be on the looking for him in the future, maybe he'll make his live debut before Mortal Kombat 11 drops.
Mortal Kombat X results:
1. RedoxReactions
2. bc Biohazard
3. Cam is black
4. Simplicity Tweedy
5. bc Honeybee
6. UnbearableSkill
7. MCG Matrix
8. PG Kitana Prime

Injustice 2 results:
1. Simplicity Tweedy
2. DF Grr
3. bc Honeybee
4. bc Biohazard
5. MCG Matrix
6. Hazardous King Raj
7. ChernyVolk
8. PG Kitana Prime

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I missed the MKX but saw a lil of Injustice. Between the colors going in n out of whack, the matches really didn't get hype until the top 4-ish. Cherny vs Matrix is when things got really good! That set was RIGHTEOUS! Villain vs Young Hero!

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I’m bummed I missed I2’s final. Everyone - including myself - has MK11 on their mind, but I’ll miss Injustice. With one or two exceptions the top 8’s were always fun to watch.
I'm sad to see Injustice 2 go. Feels like there are a ton of characters in that game with untapped potential, just too bad the player base wasn't a bit bigger to help show it off.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I’m bummed I missed I2’s final. Everyone - including myself - has MK11 on their mind, but I’ll miss Injustice. With one or two exceptions the top 8’s were always fun to watch.
I think nearly every tournament we had for Injustice 2 was exciting. There were some duller points in the meta (like the Deadshot days), but outside of that, I think think of a ton of really close matches and exciting sets the whole way through.

I think this is the most consistent competition we've had, along with the best balance overall so far, and it's really been fun to watch.

It's hard to even pick like "The hypest matches" because there were so many tournaments (both offline and online) and Top 8s that were consistent with one back to back close 3-2 after another.