Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Just wanna say
you guys have no idea what antonov is capable of with EX anywhere, and so cheap

you will find out soon.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
is there anyone who wants to play this game competitively? feel free to add me to your psn. i am from EU.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'm looking at Roofle's videos, aka, someone that may be here right now :eek:, but all this stuff makes NO sense to me. NONE OF IT. I look at the character's move list and I feel like I'm reading Chinese. Am I just stupid, or do I just need to give it a go and see if the game clicks for me eventually?

For the record I think I'm just stupid.

so what do you guys think? ive watched some videos and think it doesnt look bad even though i dont really understand the mechanics. but i noticed that jumping is hella dominant, and i wondered if this is another dumb jump in -> 50/50 fest or if theres more to it?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
so what do you guys think? ive watched some videos and think it doesnt look bad even though i dont really understand the mechanics. but i noticed that jumping is hella dominant, and i wondered if this is another dumb jump in -> 50/50 fest or if theres more to it?
All the different jumps/movement options are a huge part of the game. That’s just KoF.
4 different types of jumps, run, roll…

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I'm looking at Roofle's videos, aka, someone that may be here right now :eek:, but all this stuff makes NO sense to me. NONE OF IT. I look at the character's move list and I feel like I'm reading Chinese. Am I just stupid, or do I just need to give it a go and see if the game clicks for me eventually?

For the record I think I'm just stupid.
It didn't click with me at all. I found the game impossible to control using a standard controller. The directional inputs are impossible on dpad, and movement impossible on analog stick. Really made me appreciate NRS single df, bf, dbf, inputs over half circle~quarter circle~heavy kick+light kick just do a move lol means I can concentrate on the actual game rather than having to concentrate so much just to get a move out.

Just didn't do it for me

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
It didn't click with me at all. I found the game impossible to control using a standard controller. The directional inputs are impossible on dpad, and movement impossible on analog stick. Really made me appreciate NRS single df, bf, dbf, inputs over half circle~quarter circle~heavy kick+light kick just do a move lol means I can concentrate on the actual game rather than having to concentrate so much just to get a move out.

Just didn't do it for me
Rooflemonger just did a video addressing this, and shows ways to “simplify “ the strange inputs.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Rooflemonger just did a video addressing this, and shows ways to “simplify “ the strange inputs.
I'll check it out. I have a stick though and I would probably play on that but I would need a KOF for dummies book lmfao.

Hot_DNA

Noob
I love the game but I'm a fish out of water...This is my first KOF EVER..As far as short hoppin, I just flick my thumb across the analog and it works for me... I still havent got down the timing for links and combos tho

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
My inability to consistently do double QCF motions is really fucking up my KOF experience. I've just always sucked at them and I don't know why.

So far i'm loving it. It's a very solid game. I have to give weird props to the UI/menus, super clean.

Thoughts:

• I love the mobility. run, jump, roll, hop. I never feel stuck.
  • Roster size means i'm bound to find a few favs (chizuru, luong, shermie... despite the cheesecake)
  • Hits feel hella satisfying. wallbounces, hard knock downs.
  • Even meeting a few wifi-warriors, i rarely had much lag.
  • give me more costume colors, i'm a dress up wh*re.
  • not a huge deal, but single player content could have some collectable content (e.g. complete character missions, get new color or artwork unlock), something minor to give a feel of achievement.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
How the pad players can handle to play this game i have no idea but i admire your efforts on it. i am not saying that it is impossible to play on pad but near impossible for me tbh. i can't do short jumps, super short jumps on DS4 but on my stick Qanba Obsidian it is just about a simple push.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
How the pad players can handle to play this game i have no idea but i admire your efforts on it. i am not saying that it is impossible to play on pad but near impossible for me tbh. i can't do short jumps, super short jumps on DS4 but on my stick Qanba Obsidian it is just about a simple push.
I got a refund the games impossible to play on xbox one controller for me lol

First KoF. Spent most of yesterday in practice getting used to characters, movement, etc. Went online, promptly forgot even the most basic shit, lost to a fellow newbie and got demoted.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
I haven't played a KoF since the playstation 1, but god damn am I loving this game so far. Angel is one of the most fun characters I've ever used in a fighting game

KOF 15 is a really fun game. Playing it everyday for almost 6-7 hours in these days. Online is great, labbing in practice is so much fun and unlocking extra content while playing the single player modes. Right now i am at online with my all time main team; Terry, Kyo and Iori. And labbing in practice with Ash Crimson, Kukri, Angel, Elisabeth and Kula but tbh every character looks fun and that keeps me fresh on this game.

KOF 15 is a really fun game. Playing it everyday for almost 6-7 hours in these days. Online is great, labbing in practice is so much fun and unlocking extra content while playing the single player modes. Right now i am at online with my all time main team; Terry, Kyo and Iori. And labbing in practice with Ash Crimson, Kukri, Angel, Elisabeth and Kula but tbh every character looks fun and that keeps me fresh on this game.
what controller do you use?