What's new

Killing two birds with one stone?

NKZero

Noob
I've just started picking up Kenshi and as I was discovering some innovative ways to build meter, I realised that by doing this one move, I am not only building meter but also potentially punishing an opponent. Let me explain....

After I've knocked an opponent down with spirit charge, I whiff a reflect (which recovers pretty fast) just to build some meter. So there's the meter building part. For some reason, whether many of the opponents I play are retarded or whether it genuinely works, when they see the sword come out they assume that I'm trying to attack them while they're grounded. This then tempts them to do a wake-up attack (some of which are unsafe) and I then am able to punish them.

When I realised that I had inadvertently fooled opponents when all I was trying to do was to build some meter, I started to mix it up a little with the reflect and an actual attack such as the telekinetic slashes (or whatever they're called) to some reasonable success.

I would like to point out that I don't know whether this is viable against a high level player or whether it is genuinely a smart yet accidental find.

Regardless of the second part, I still would like to point out that whiffing a reflect after knocking the opponent down with spirit charge or whatever is a nice way to build some meter (if you can build meter in any way possible you may as well do it right?).

What do you guys think?

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
With some frame data it might be viable I used to do this back when the recovery seamed longer.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Using Kenshi's BNB you can do a far sky slash and it stuffs non-teleport wake ups and build meter.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Using Kenshi's BNB you can do a far sky slash and it stuffs non-teleport wake ups and build meter.
This...by doing reflect you miss a chance for a tk slash. Tk slash builds the same meter and on block obviously builds more. And if it hits it takes 10% I think and leaves them open for tele flurry or another slash.

Edit: I may not main kenshi...but who do you think convinced pig to pick him up. ;). I was gonna main him and still play him under the table.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
thank you for clarifying it and providing a better option :).
Just end your combos with shoulder... doesn't matter how, just make the shoulder hit. This works for just a shoulder AA, shoulder on the ground, shoulder from a combo, etc. Just make the last hit a shoulder. Kenshi gets the slash after the shoulder.

Do the shoulder.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I've just started picking up Kenshi and as I was discovering some innovative ways to build meter, I realised that by doing this one move, I am not only building meter but also potentially punishing an opponent. Let me explain....

After I've knocked an opponent down with spirit charge, I whiff a reflect (which recovers pretty fast) just to build some meter. So there's the meter building part. For some reason, whether many of the opponents I play are retarded or whether it genuinely works, when they see the sword come out they assume that I'm trying to attack them while they're grounded. This then tempts them to do a wake-up attack (some of which are unsafe) and I then am able to punish them.

When I realised that I had inadvertently fooled opponents when all I was trying to do was to build some meter, I started to mix it up a little with the reflect and an actual attack such as the telekinetic slashes (or whatever they're called) to some reasonable success.

I would like to point out that I don't know whether this is viable against a high level player or whether it is genuinely a smart yet accidental find.

Regardless of the second part, I still would like to point out that whiffing a reflect after knocking the opponent down with spirit charge or whatever is a nice way to build some meter (if you can build meter in any way possible you may as well do it right?).

What do you guys think?
I thought you get a free telekinetic slash after a spirit charge knockdown?

So wouldn't you be building meter AND hitting the opponent for at least chip damage?

Tolkeen

/wrists
I thought you get a free telekinetic slash after a spirit charge knockdown?

So wouldn't you be building meter AND hitting the opponent for at least chip damage?
Wakeups can nullify this, so no damage or chip, but I usually do it anyways.

Tapatalk, helping me procrastinate.