What's new

Killing Them with Kindness.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Dumb thread alert: Sorry mods if this wasn't warrented a thread but just wanted to write about reactions I got from trash talkers who I said "good game" to.
Feeling salty, tilted and rage after someone is screaming in the mic is an uncontrollable, unwanted feeling a lot of us experience. It clouds our enjoyment and its easy to forget the reality of what we forget what we're doing. Playing recreational video games, whether competitive or not. I had three trash talkers, one very relentless with they're "you're pathetic/spammer/you're so jealous" comments, and it got a huge rise out of me so I got on the mic and forced myself to say good game in the nicest tone possible. There was a long pause for most (not all) because they probably expected back talk. It doesn't always work, obviously but it does catch players by suprise and by excersicing the absence of giving into salt I feel like we can all enjoy the game without letting trolls get kn our heads.

SORRY IF THIS THREAD WAS A WASTE OF TIME & SPACE I'll accept any flak I'll get

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Not a waste of time and space. More people need to be good sports. (myself included)

Some guy tilted me the other day in KL and I went to the start menu and quit match after it said finish him and I got a message from him, fully expecting it to be shit talk, and he just said good games. Thus I replied the same. And we all felt better about it lol

E

Eldriken

I've made people pull complete 180s before from being nice and informative.

They'll be bitching about something I'm doing and I'll be like, "Dude. The problem isn't the move, it's your lack of knowledge. This is what you can do about it" and then proceed to show them.

They turn into a completely different person sometimes and we both end up having an enjoyable set.

If they won't listen? Gloves are off, pal.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I've made people pull complete 180s before from being nice and informative.

They'll be bitching about something I'm doing and I'll be like, "Dude. The problem isn't the move, it's your lack of knowledge. This is what you can do about it" and then proceed to show them.

They turn into a completely different person sometimes and we both end up having an enjoyable set.

If they won't listen? Gloves are off, pal.
Its amazing how people change depending on what they're expecting. Good for you on not only sportsmanship but willing to give advise. I'm so hesitant on giving my secrets away lol

Not a waste of time and space. More people need to be good sports. (myself included)

Some guy tilted me the other day in KL and I went to the start menu and quit match after it said finish him and I got a message from him, fully expecting it to be shit talk, and he just said good games. Thus I replied the same. And we all felt better about it lol
I'm so bad for quitting before they can fatality as well. I forget not eveyone does it to be smug but some people either want the hearts or to unlock krypt heads.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
But how can I be nice to a Jade player who jumps back air glave the whole game and uses the taunt, to actually taunt?

But in all seriousness, I think that's the best thing to do. You can't defuse anger with more anger it just makes everything worse. I sometimes wish I wouldn't get so tilted by shit talkers but I every time I say GGs I get some back.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I don’t play on mic. If someone is talking shit I go into private chat. I couldn’t care less about what people are bitching about.

If I have a fun match I always send GGs though. And I stopped doing fatales every time even though I needs the heads out of courtesy.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
would rather to block them to send message after the very first trash talk , lol .... if you have no emotional control over a simple online game match and cannot be a class act like Jax, you don't deserve my attention for the match feedback, so, blocking list ! :joker:

asddgd

Noob
The higher the ranks go i feel the more people become a holes. Literally just finished a game where the dude won the first match and did a fatality, i won the second match with a flawless and did a fatality back. Dude barely wins the third because i kept rolling and he punished it, starts teabagging so hard his nuts never left the ground, turns on this mic and starts yelling “you suck, how many times do i gotta punish that before you stop doing that idiot, i almost won the whole thing cause youre so bad” calls me a not to use the hard r word.

Im calling out this dipstick, C4ntStopDaTrain on ps4, not only is your mom a hoe, but ill bet she blows your daddys back out every night

I got 2 - 1 in a very close game. As soon he won he got all up on the mic and was popping off and "get your trash character out of here " and all. So I msg him GGs and sure enough he replied with the same. Im sure he felt stupid after.