What's new

Tech Killer Frost - Throw Immune Normals/Strings/Specials

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Guys, one of the things we haven't really fully discussed in the sub-forum or at least put in one place is our throw immune tactics. I just wanted to start a thread where we can put all the info in one place so people can find it easier.

Until today I literally did not know that KF's F2 was throw immune.... which pretty much gives me enough evidence that we need a thread like this. If anyone finds anything new along this topic, please post it and I will add it to the OP.

Killer Frost's Throw Immune Moves/Strings/Specials
  • F2
  • F21
  • F23
  • B2
  • B23
  • U3
  • Command Grab

Last edited:

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I knew every single thing was throw immune except command grab. For some reason never thought to try. I f2 all the time

Last edited:

RiBBz22

I knew every single thing was throw immune except command grab. Form some reason never thought to try. I f2 all the time
Yeah I used to always use b2 against Grundy because you have enough time to punish his recovery with 111. It sucks that command grab just ends in a neutral trade where neither take damage. I was hoping you could time it and catch people/MB it into a combo.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Guys, one of the things we haven't really fully discussed in the sub-forum or at least put in one place is our throw immune tactics. I just wanted to start a thread where we can put all the info in one place so people can find it easier.

Until today I literally did not know that KF's F2 was throw immune.... which pretty much gives me enough evidence that we need a thread like this. If anyone finds anything new along this topic, please post it and I will add it to the OP.

Killer Frost's Throw Immune Moves/Strings/Specials
  • F2
  • F21
  • F23
  • B2
  • B23
  • U3
  • Command Grab
This.

THIS.

As a grundy main, nothing pisses me off more than throw immunity. If I'm right next to you and do an UNBLOCKABLE grab, it should hit you, no matter what your doing. Unless, of course, if you have armor on whatever you're doing.

RiBBz22

This.

THIS.

As a grundy main, nothing pisses me off more than throw immunity. If I'm right next to you and do an UNBLOCKABLE grab, it should hit you, no matter what your doing. Unless, of course, if you have armor on whatever you're doing.
Yeah it is a weird property with hitboxes in NRS fighters for sure.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Not sure why I've never seen this thread before, but better late than never, they say.

Isn't F3 also grab immune? I've had success against banes anti-wake up pressure lately using this. You can reliably block his low d1 and get out a f3 during the grab he cancels into. Could possibly MB it if he goes for the overhead instead of the grab? Unless he's on level 3 and breaking armor out there...

I've had trouble trying to get bane off of me after a knock down, but this has really helped

RiBBz22

Not sure why I've never seen this thread before, but better late than never, they say.

Isn't F3 also grab immune? I've had success against banes anti-wake up pressure lately using this. You can reliably block his low d1 and get out a f3 during the grab he cancels into. Could possibly MB it if he goes for the overhead instead of the grab? Unless he's on level 3 and breaking armor out there...

I've had trouble trying to get bane off of me after a knock down, but this has really helped
I don't think the entire length of the move is throw immune. Might just be the start-up part of it but I am not sure. I think I remember using it against Grundy players towards the end of the WC animation. Maybe someone else could confirm with some testing.