What's new

Breakthrough Killer Frost gets 70% for Two bars Traitless

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
This seems pretty cool. I am going to mess with it in training mode now.

J1 advantage is neutral on hit so we just have to make sure it can't be escaped. Can't they dash out?

EDIT: Laos_boy I can dash out of the setup with like the first 5 characters I tried it against. I could also get out by mashing d1's up to 7 frames startup. I couldn't get out with Batgirl's 8 frame one.

I guess the one thing you do have on your side is that most people will be preparing to block a 50-50 so it could still land because of that.

ApocaLips Jimmypotato KonqrrRickyraws

After the 2nd freeze hits the combo I like to do is J2 F113 iceberg 11B2 slide U3 11 iceberg. I think it gives you around 74% total after the first part of the combo hits.

Last edited:

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Question to the frost players, does her freeze throw have the same properties as the rest of the capture moves in the game? if so cant you just whiff a normal and do a raw command throw to reset the combo and start another one?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
If this actually is guaranteed; it's about time Killer Frost became moderately viable. Having to make 3 to 4 correct reads in a row in a vortex was absolutely ridiculous especially seen as when its blocked she loses all momentum, characters as bad as killer frost deserve to kill you if they manage to touch you at all
Your downplaying is not funny anymore & you already lost the attention ;)

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
If this actually is guaranteed; it's about time Killer Frost became moderately viable. Having to make 3 to 4 correct reads in a row in a vortex was absolutely ridiculous especially seen as when its blocked she loses all momentum, characters as bad as killer frost deserve to kill you if they manage to touch you at all
No.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So you can't just jump this like most other command grab set-ups?
I can think of at least 3 or 4 reasons why I'd just IABS her for trying this.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Your downplaying is not funny anymore & you already lost the attention ;)
I only come across as downplaying because everyone else in the killer frost forum is so optimistic about her. If this setup really does work, even I wouldn't deny her potentially being the best character in the game or top 3 minimum but as it currently stands she is still bottom 10

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Question to the frost players, does her freeze throw have the same properties as the rest of the capture moves in the game? if so cant you just whiff a normal and do a raw command throw to reset the combo and start another one?
im requoting this because i don't know if anyone has tried this

It works like most throws. If you're throw invincible, you're immune to freeze. Freeze doesn't last long enough to whiff a normal.

I'm in the lab now. Gimme a bit and I'll get to the bottom of this.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
It works like most throws. If you're throw invincible, you're immune to freeze.

I'm in the lab now. Gimme a bit and I'll get to the bottom of this.
but there are jail setups in this game this is why i ask. There might be a way to pull this off.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I only come across as downplaying because everyone else in the killer frost forum is so optimistic about her. If this setup really does work, even I wouldn't deny her potentially being the best character in the game or top 3 minimum but as it currently stands she is still bottom 10
Lol ok XD

Here are my findings as I go:

(1) This is REALLY hard to do. I originally thought it depended on the character, but on further testing it doesn't. What you have to do is land the j1 low enough that you recover in time to do MB freeze within its hitstun.

(2) If executed correctly, the ONLY way out is backdashing.
- No attacks had a chance to start up - that goes for BA's d1, MB F/B3 - you're stuck in that stagger animation and can't do anything
- Cannot jump, cannot duck
- Oddly enough, the backdash would cut the stagger animation short and let him escape

These findings are very interesting. They show us that any particular standing hitstates can have the following properties:
- Link comboability (KF's hits with traits, Batman's trait)
- Chain/buffer comboability (all strings starters, certain string enders that let you 2-in-1)
- Immunity to throws
- Can backdash (KF's standing 2, j1)
- Can jump?
- Can duck?
- Juggles

RiBBz22 xKhaoTik Rickyraws RunwayMafia trustinme and any other KF regular I missed (sorry):

Our task is clear. We need to catalogue all of KF's hits for the following properties. If any of then have more than 22 frames of hitstate (minus recovery if cancelled, where applicable), no immunity to throws, and cannot jump/duck/backdash, then a freeze is guaranteed. Otherwise, we can develop mixups based on what the opponent can and can't do.

I'll start a separate thread for the catalogue.

Verdict: The tech above is viable. It is not guaranteed, but in certain matchups it creates a different 50/50 situation - MB freeze or slide, which forces a backdash/no backdash mixup. The slide is unpunishable, but the Freeze is. Altogether, useful against larger foes against whom the tech is consistent.

But the important thing is that you showed us that hitstates have another property - can backdash y/n. Knowledge of this property could lead to much more tech in the future.

Last edited:

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Verdict: The tech above is viable. It is not guaranteed, but in certain matchups it creates a different 50/50 situation - MB freeze or slide, which forces a backdash/no backdash mixup. The slide is unpunishable, but the Freeze is. Altogether, useful against larger foes against whom the tech is consistent.
Creating a different 50/50 situation where one of the options is unsafe and the damage done for guessing correctly is less then the damage of the original vortex is not viable, it's just counterproductive

Creating a different 50/50 situation where one of the options is unsafe and the damage done for guessing correctly is less then the damage of the original vortex is not viable, it's just counterproductive
Uhh, no Miles. That's called Makoto, and she was high tier.

It depends on the risk and reward.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I was gonna say she's the next cyrax. But lbsh

But off of j1 she gets a free inescapable freeze grab.
But the execution is tight. You have to hit the j1 in the right spot for the grab to connect.

In th video you can see that me (MMH) can't duck the grab which is a high.

Thoughts ?
It might be useless but if someone can master the timing it can be useful

xKhaoTik
RunwayMafia
RiBBz22
wait, so that 2nd freeze grab, is that guaranteed and unblockable?