What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I don't own the game sadly lol. Although I could use some tips. Like how to deal with superman air zoning. I always have a hard time getting a hit on superman
Get it on Steam for like 7 bucks you schmuck. Then at least you could have a better teacher than RickyFraud. :REO

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Can you do the same setups off of u3? Might be another good wrinkle for the meterless vortex. I am not sure I wanna use meter for it, but gimmicks are always fun :)
If you land a slide you can do 2 u3's and then just walk back a little then jump in with ambiguous buttons. Works good on the bad wakeup characters. Aquaman must block it. You can also catch teleporters by air dashing.

If you have meter, you can get really crazy and buffer the jump attack into mbf3/slide for an ambiguous cross up into 50/50.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Killer Frost mains, i have a question: I have been told that, offline. Killer Frost's vortex can be reacted to. Is this true? According to my sources, you can look for the sword animation and block on reaction. Is this real, or is it a bill? I am really asking.

astronout

see you at the top.
Killer Frost mains, i have a question: I have been told that, offline. Killer Frost's vortex can be reacted to. Is this true? According to my sources, you can look for the sword animation and block on reaction. Is this real, or is it a bill? I am really asking.
if one is able to see a single frame difference between ambiguous animations than sure, it can be reacted to :rolleyes:
superhuman reactions aside, such a feat is impossible.

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
If you have the eyes of eagle, maybe could be. ;-)

kyle ogden

RM | BLT KO_KID
It takes alot of practice that may or may not be worth your time.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Nothing would surprise just looking at how bad the character has proven to be overtime

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Frost thought of the day.

Frost is completely absent from the meta. We can postulate about her tier placement, but we'll never actually know how good she is. None of us are active enough, let alone good enough, in the tournament scene to prove shit, imo. There's no Frost player with the execution to play her at the highest level that's ALSO attending tournaments. We might have one or the other, but I haven't seen evidence of anyone playing her at the highest level AND showing up to tournaments. I'm guilty of this too, and I have my excuses like everybody: I work 40+ hours a week and I'm working on my last semester for my undergrad. I barely have time for XBL anymore, let alone a tourney... Plus my execution's always been subpar.

And why I say "never know" is because this game's scene has dwindled enough that I doubt that a Frostian hero will show themselves before everyone abandons ship for MKX.

None of this is meant to downplay great players like Ricky, astronaut or Khaotik. There are great Frost's who've competed with great players on the big stages, I just don't believe any of us have pushed Frost to her limits, and if any of us have, we haven't been attending enough tourneys to show what she's capable of.

My position hasn't changed much since winter: Frost's upper middle tier, she has her faults, sure, but she's as good as or better than a number of characters who have placed at a high level (like say Catwoman, Lex, Hawkgirl, etc). I honestly believe the only reason she hasn't placed is none of Frost's "tournament active" representatives are good enough. And all the ones that think they are "good enough" must not be active.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I kinda miss using this ho.
B1 and F3? Absolutely not. Slide and F3? Yes, but you're only going to react to the F3 if you're quick enough. I never really understood why people would use the F3/slide mixup outside of a blocked S3 tho.

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
The only reaction you could have is blocking high or low. Nothing else. So....guessing right is the only way out of that.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Is her trait ever used?
Sure. I wouldn't rely on trait activation combos online (I've never had much luck with them) but you can still charge it up to JUST about full (easier said than done in some matchups) and then the next time you land a MB command grab reset you can activate it and go for the 50/50. If you guess right, you should get at least 50% out of em (unless they clash :-/ )

Also fun to tap it to bait movement out of your opponents

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Sure. I wouldn't rely on trait activation combos online (I've never had much luck with them) but you can still charge it up to JUST about full (easier said than done in some matchups) and then the next time you land a MB command grab reset you can activate it and go for the 50/50. If you guess right, you should get at least 50% out of em (unless they clash :-/ )

Also fun to tap it to bait movement out of your opponents
I see.
Do you guys use any setups for charging her trait like Zod or Sinestro, or do you just charge whenever you think you have time?