What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I've never done slide d2 slide in my life. It's one of those things only the 'Killer Frost players' seem to think is a mix-up just like that amazing meterless vortex which is actually just a hard knockdown
Lies. you're just as guilty as all the other Frost players i've faced.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
@RiBBz22 how do you open people up? Since in this current meta I can't dash up f3 or b1 anymore. The only way I van is get a jump 3 into b1 or f3 and that isn't that great if they have an anti air. I also do111 trait but people poke me out and the only other thing that can reach is d2. So right now I prey the opponent can make a mistake.

Trip guards with slide is so hard. So I've been wake up dash fwd into11 1 and even that's hard.

What's your max damage off slide into a vortex?

What do you think about her meaty cmd grab reset? On KD

I remember people thought she was brain dead. (Guilty) :(

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
@RiBBz22 how do you open people up? Since in this current meta I can't dash up f3 or b1 anymore. The only way I van is get a jump 3 into b1 or f3 and that isn't that great if they have an anti air. I also do111 trait but people poke me out and the only other thing that can reach is d2. So right now I prey the opponent can make a mistake.

Trip guards with slide is so hard. So I've been wake up dash fwd into11 1 and even that's hard.

What's your max damage off slide into a vortex?

What do you think about her meaty cmd grab reset? On KD

I remember people thought she was brain dead. (Guilty) :(
You open people up with her defensive options and possibly the best whiff punisher in the entire game. You need to understand every opponent's option on a blocked slide. You space yourself out so your opponent has to constantly be on guard for slide and use that respect to open them up in other ways. Dash up 111 is still very viable IMO even though it is not as broken as it was before trait cancels. With two bars of meter dash up 111~mb f3 versus 111~slide is a tool you can condition your opponent in a long set to start getting hit by 111~slide for good meterless damage. If 111~MB f3 hits you still get close to 50% and a 50-50 or setup for 2 bars. Finding good setups to get her 50-50 off a blocked J3 and on hit converting it to combo every time is key as well.

I use her max BNBs that are listed in the combo thread off slide

I don't really use the meaty grab on knockdown

One thing I started doing a little while back before I put the game down for Destiny was incorporating the jump back air dash mixups with j1/j3 which can be really annoying to deal with for your opponent. I still don't use them that much though unless my opponent is guessing out of the vortex more often than not.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I'm guilty of saying she sucks. Which still kind if think she does.(its the salt)
But I think her j3 is pretty decent and her jb1(tho its slow) has really good range. I think of it as a gimp Catwoman j2. I play a real lame killer frost. I don't really care for the vortex( but i will use it to get a big life lead orgo for damage.). I will runaway for days i wish iceberg had a better jitbox but for being 16f it does the job. Her iabackdash is real good imo way better than her normal backdash. I still think air projectiles are a problem
You open people up with her defensive options and possibly the best whiff punisher in the entire game. You need to understand every opponent's option on a blocked slide. You space yourself out so your opponent has to constantly be on guard for slide and use that respect to open them up in other ways. Dash up 111 is still very viable IMO even though it is not as broken as it was before trait cancels. With two bars of meter dash up 111~mb f3 versus 111~slide is a tool you can condition your opponent in a long set to start getting hit by 111~slide for good meterless damage. If 111~MB f3 hits you still get close to 50% and a 50-50 or setup for 2 bars. Finding good setups to get her 50-50 off a blocked J3 and on hit converting it to combo every time is key as well.

I use her max BNBs that are listed in the combo thread off slide

I don't really use the meaty grab on knockdown

One thing I started doing a little while back before I put the game down for Destiny was incorporating the jump back air dash mixups with j1/j3 which can be really annoying to deal with for your opponent. I still don't use them that much though unless my opponent is guessing out of the vortex more often than not.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I'm guilty of saying she sucks. Which still kind if think she does.(its the salt)
But I think her j3 is pretty decent and her jb1(tho its slow) has really good range. I think of it as a gimp Catwoman j2. I play a real lame killer frost. I don't really care for the vortex( but i will use it to get a big life lead orgo for damage.). I will runaway for days i wish iceberg had a better jitbox but for being 16f it does the job. Her iabackdash is real good imo way better than her normal backdash. I still think air projectiles are a problem
j1's horizontal hitbox is pretty good. I don' think her jump attacks are top tier, but they are still pretty good IMO. More range on J3 would have been nice for sure.

Counter-poking with d1 is also a great way to open people up since it is +2 on block. D1 is great with punishing dash in attempts.

D2 is an excellent anti-air that leads to the 50-50 for a bar.

Excellent parry.

So many great defensive options. The air control is a problem, but it doesn't bother me in too many MU's outside of Cyborg tbh.