What's new

Tech Killer Frost - Corner Reverse Wake-Up Tech

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Credit to @Ne'er-do-well

The timing is....odd, but you can reverse wake up's (similar to DD) in the corner after knocking them down.

As seen in the videos below are a few demonstrations of this tech. If performed corectly and it time, it will give you an advantage over some wake-up attacks.
Flash
Nightwing

@xKhaoTik
@RiBBz22
@Akromaniac27
@teh_kingdunch

edited by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

RunwayMafia

Post your findings. As I said in the other post, I just tested Flash and it works on his Lightning Charge.

I'll say it again here.

Zod : works for both phantom strike and zod's charge. Both are punishable by the grab again for infinite unclashable meterless reset. His super is the only option
Lobo : Charge gets punished by the grab, toss recovers more quickly, can only be punished with a combo. His super gets him out.
Joker: The flower recovers fast, can be punished with a combo. His super works.
Batman : Slide is punished by the grab for the infinite. His super gets reversed and doesn't work, gets punished.

RunwayMafia

It completely reverses his flying uppercut....he just went flying up and towards the corner, lol.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Try an u3 from the corner into it and dash. It could be her dash after hard knockdowns in general like with the Corner Remainders vid. Vary your timing to dash in slightly

RunwayMafia

Try an u3 from the corner into it and dash. It could be her dash after hard knockdowns in general like with the Corner Remainders vid. Vary your timing to dash in slightly
Yeah, I tagged you because I remember you posted that combo vid with some odd corner shenanigans.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Yeah, I tagged you because I remember you posted that combo vid with some odd corner shenanigans.
Cool, but see if that works too lol(I'm at work atm). Also, try the corner b1u3 and f3 combos ending in flash freeze and don't MB it and see if you get the same results. Im curious to see if the multi hits affect it in any way

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Cool, but see if that works too lol(I'm at work atm). Also, try the corner b1u3 and f3 combos ending in flash freeze and don't MB it and see if you get the same results. Im curious to see if the multi hits affect it in any way
It doesn't effect it, I tested that first thing.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
It completely stuffs Flash's Lightning Kick. (what do Flash players typically wake up with?)
LK hold and backdash completely invincible if done right, in this case LK hold then backdash into KF or forward dash, he even has enough frames to jump so to punish that you would have to do like 111 slide to have enough hits to catch him. alsosonic pound is a good wake up and is invincible on wake up on the way up, figure out how to punish all those options with one move and you'll be fine.

RunwayMafia

Do we have enough time to punish the flying uppercut or lighting charge on whiff?
Updated OP with what I found against Flash. I'm not exactly sure if we have enough time to punish...I'll test. Right now I'm knee deep in finding out what wakeups get reversed. #oppenentwillbemindfucked

Superman :

rising grab - combo punish
ice breath - punish with d1 into combo
scoop - combo punish
flying punch - punish with d2 into combo

His super will whiff above KF's head 80% of the time. Punish with a combo.

RunwayMafia

Superman :

rising grab - combo punish
ice breath - punish with d1 into combo
scoop - combo punish
flying punch - punish with d2 into combo

His super will whiff above KF's head 80% of the time. Punish with a combo.
I'm definetly interested in wake ups that end up getting reversed. So far almost every wake up I have tested I can get to totally reverse. I'm on Nightwing right now and I just got his escrima fury to go right into the corner...this is VERY much like the DD tech.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
This looks like it might be an infinite on characters that don't have wakeups with back hitting hit boxes.

I'm definetly interested in wake ups that end up getting reversed. So far almost every wake up I have tested I can get to totally reverse. I'm on Nightwing right now and I just got his escrima fury to go right into the corner...this is VERY much like the DD tech.
There is really no point if the a character can get out of it, not counting a super. All of those I post are with reversed WUs and punishable with either a combo or infinite. Superman can't get out for example. Flash can just speed dodge and the grab will whiff. All characters with teleports, dodges or 2 ways WUs like DS escape as well. Also WUs with hitbox behind them screw this too.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
What remains to be tested is how delayed wake-ups interact with this set-up, if you can somehow un-reverse your wake-up via delaying your reversal, then there's the possibility to escape. But nobody's tested it yet.