What's new

Kharacter Tower Requirements Hotfix

NRS just hotfixed the kharacter towers.

For example instead of 75 Fatalities and Brutalities on Stage 2 its now 10 each.

Or instead of 100 Krushing Blows for Stage 3 its now only 25.

Comments

Word, I gave up on Shao Kahn's towers because 100 Krushing Blows with him was a nightmare since it didn't count his variation KB's and his forward throw one is broken. This makes it so much more manageable.

Just wait until people say they don’t have anything to do because they did all the requirements for everything in a span of month. I get why they changed it because of backlash but some people are just going to complain because that’s what they do

exactly... the entire design idea is that you constantly get rewards as you play... all these streamers and other loud ass complainer will be sitting on a million coins and 90K souls and 180K hearts in a few months bitching that there is nothing to do with it all.

Okay, they definitely reduced the requirements for severed heads. I've been grinding at Fatalities, since I wanted to do it legit for the sense of accomplishment, and now I'm getting a head with every Fatality performed on a needed character since the hotfix.

hate how they are nurffing all the requirements...
Let's be honest with ourselves....best thing they could've done in any circumstance. Already seeing people say they feel less special because they wanted to grind out the requirements, but no. It took the fun out of the game. A game should never feel like a chore.

Just wait until people say they don’t have anything to do because they did all the requirements for everything in a span of month.
I guarantee you that's exactly the mindset they had.

"Let's make the requirements ridiculous so they'll play longer!"

Not me. Those requirements had the exact opposite affect. It discouraged me from playing the game or at least bothering with the character towers. Now I'm having a blast. I feel like this stuff is actually within reach now. I shouldn't be looking at a tower telling me to do a whole bunch of ridiculous shit, when the reward is nothing but a taunt and a recolor of a skin I already have.

I grinded for Cetrion's head before the exploit came to light and did I feel accomplished? Nope. I literally put the head on the spike and went "Welp........guess I gotta do this 24 more times." (or naturally over the span of a month.)

As long as they release DLC characters and update the game and add shit then there's always gonna be something to do and something to keep people playing. I'm not trying to have shit to do that's gonna take me months to complete. Where's the fun in that at all? Double that time for people who have lives to live and jobs and kids to take care of. It'd be straight up impossible to get shit in the game.

I don't understand how some people found that enjoyable tbh.

exactly... the entire design idea is that you constantly get rewards as you play... all these streamers and other loud ass complainer will be sitting on a million coins and 20,000 souls and 80K hearts in a few months bitching that there is nothing to do with it all.
I'll be sitting on a million coins, 20,000 souls, and 80k hearts and still having a blast playing this game!

If y'all got your way I wouldn't be enjoying this game I spent $100 on and have been looking forward too for so long. I'm finally able to sit back and have fun. That grind shit is whack! PERIODT!

When did the hotfix go live? I was playing earlier and my stage 2 Kotal tower still asked for like 75 brutals lol

@xXRagingFlameXx I get it... you want everything, you do not want to work for anything... just give it to you as you deserve it.. this is just participation trophy mentality. MK is a relic from the arcades and the mentality of modern gamers are so weak now and so selfish that they can't even understand that rewards should be given to those that actually play and love the game.

Couple of people in this thread dont deserve to play Mortal Kombat 11. There's pessimism, and then there's hating the company that put out the game you're currently playing regardless of what they do to atone just for the sake of hating them.

Go for a walk. Do some push ups. Jesus.

They didn't just slightly lessen the grind. They outright gutted it. 10 fatals and 10 brutalities? You can get that in one set of towers, and increased koins on top? You can take "They dont deserve thanks" and go take a nap with it in your mouth. I will have Cassie and Jacqui's towers done THIS WEEKEND. That would be hilarious to claim last weekend. An impossibility.
Yea you.

@xXRagingFlameXx I get it... you want everything, you do not want to work for anything... just give it to you as you deserve it.. this is just participation trophy mentality. MK is a relic from the arcades and the mentality of modern gamers are so weak now and so selfish that they can't even understand that rewards should be given to those that actually play and love the game.
So....because I don't wanna grind for a taunt I don't love the game? So...even though I grew up playing Mortal Kombat and have spent hours upon hours reading every piece of lore and playing every game....I don't love the game because I don't wanna grind?

Get outta here with that whack mentality. I've been playing this game everyday since it came out and I don't plan on stopping. You're never gonna love a game more than someone strictly because you wanna grind for shit and they don't. That's not how that works, sis. lol.

I have to laugh.

Gotta thank NRS for the fast changes and taking the feedback to heart in the last couple of days.

If they now also fix the glitch in the Krypt with the 3 amulet puzzle what makes it so that the gate is down again, cetrions amulet isnt rotated right anymore and you cant interact with the puzzle anymore i more than happy with the game.

Sucks that im locked out of that part of the Krypt until they fix this.
I have the same exact problem, it’s really annoying...

Yes!! Awesome! I gave up on collecting everything due to the requirements. This makes it achievable again. Fantastic. Honestly, if the game released like this, it would have been a 10/10. I get what they were thinking, but Ii think they overestimated ppls willingness to grind. The gameplay will keep bringing me back. Mobile tactics were never necessary. Here's to hoping we don't have to wait too long before dlc news.

Considering that they fix things as quickly as possibly when requested, I'll definitely give my thanks to them. I mean, I've even seen some devs asking us to bitch at them, albeit bitch respectfully.
Quick update. I was able to obtain all the heads in short order. Shang Tsung's palace fully unlocked. :)

It's not like there was any malicious intent behind this, so I don't see the problem in thanking them for the fix. They tried to create a Towers of Time > Krypt gameplay loop and simply underestimated how much work it took to progress without resorting to grinding. Now, a lot of the conditions should be met naturally just mooching around in the towers.

Is this the worst post ever?

To sum it up, yes it is. Nonsensical drivel.

Word, I gave up on Shao Kahn's towers because 100 Krushing Blows with him was a nightmare since it didn't count his variation KB's and his forward throw one is broken. This makes it so much more manageable.
I fucking knew I wasn't losing my marbles. I was counting over and over and couldnt figure out why the counter wasnt going up.

I finished stage 3 and summoned stage 4 right before the hotfix went live. You can imagine how relieved I was when I looked at the new requirements.

Side note, anybody know the definitive way to unlock the severed heads? Ppl say towers only, brutalities dont count, its 75 fatalities instead of 50..

This is a very wise decision on their part. Now people are gonna feel compelled to do the tower for different characters and play more overall, not just being stuck with a main and get tired of the grind halfway through.

Gotta admit, I criticized them at release (and I stand with what I said at the time), but they're listening and that's really appreciable. Now we need custom variations in ranked/tournaments and the game is perfect.