What's new

Guide KhaoTik's Kitana Guide to Survive in MK9

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
xKhaoTikx

This part is untrue:
"Jump Back/Neutral/Jump Forward Punch) - A universal move that serves different purposes. Jump Back Punch isn't really used much. on hit, it doesn't allow you to follow up with anything on a standing foe."

You can combo a jump back punch into EX Air Fan for a full combo. Works great against baiting wakeups like Baraka's Blade Charge.
o yea. you can cancel jump back punches into air specials. That has to be used with Jump back 2 right?

anyways, editing now.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You can do the same OS for 21 by doing 2~EX Fan [hold 1], 2 and you will either get a 2 into ex fan or 212.

The problem with Option Selects is that the special like ex fan will come out whether the move is blocked or hits so there are only specific situations where they are viable and not just a desperation move that will most likely be a waste of meter.

EDIT: Here is another one:

2~ex fan [hold 1], fan lift

If the 2 connects, you get ex fan

If the 2 whiffs and the 1 hits, you get fan lift

If both 2 and 1 whiff, you get 212

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Sorry I've been gone all weekend and haven't been able to do some stuff. GamerBlake90 do you think this could be merged with the normal stickied kitana guide thread that storms posted? something has to change here, i don't like half the page being stickies

but very nice job khaotik, thanks for putting the time into this.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Sorry I've been gone all weekend and haven't been able to do some stuff. GamerBlake90 do you think this could be merged with the normal stickied kitana guide thread that storms posted? something has to change here, i don't like half the page being stickies

but very nice job khaotik, thanks for putting the time into this.
STORMS's guide is merely a list of Kitana's button commands and finishers from the game menu.

I have an idea. I'm sure there's more than his guide and KhaoTik's in this forum, so let's locate all the threads and create one where we can put the information from the threads inside spoiler tags to put in the original post. We'll title that thread Kitana Character Community Guides and stick that one while un-sticking the other threads. Sound good?

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
It's an option select. There's times when you will throw out F21 and the F2 will hit, but the 1 will whiff. In those situations, you can use an option select to try and eliminate that factor. F2~Enhanced Fan toss is one of the option selects you can use. You throw out F2 and input the motion for enhanced fan toss. If the F2 connects, the Enhanced fan toss will come out. If the F2 doesn't connect, the 1 will come out.
Just for this alone, I'll buy you a beer. Good shit

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
My Kitty thanks you a thousand fold, good sir. Holy shit @ the size of this thing.
I'll be utilizing the hell out of it.

B1 skittishness + The Scoop = I like the looks of this.

I think it may also be worth mentioning that B+1,2 on hit will grant a safejump setup if spaced right and timed right. you can cross over or stay on the same side for some pretty nasty guessing games.