What's new

KF Mains, where to in INJ2?

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
Just curious where all my lovelies are going for injustice 2 and which characters you guys see as very similar to KF.

Scarecrow and Robin looked mighty fun but Poison Ivy trailer has me hyped for her and she reminds me of KF in the sense of zoning tools and what looks like a vortex tool - and in her look, too.

Fuck captain cold.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Just curious where all my lovelies are going for injustice 2 and which characters you guys see as very similar to KF.

Scarecrow and Robin looked mighty fun but Poison Ivy trailer has me hyped for her and she reminds me of KF in the sense of zoning tools and what looks like a vortex tool - and in her look, too.

Fuck captain cold.
Common cold is lame

I was using Black Canary in the beta and she seemed fun. Poison Ivy reminds me of frost tho. I was gonna use Ivy anyways so I'm glad they have some sort of resemblance

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Killer Frost is and was perfect. She's not in Injustice 2, and so instead of trying to desecrate her name by attempting to use a character that's similar to her-as Frost is a unique snowflake whose excellence cannot be replicated or imitated- I will be using
in Injustice 2.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Agreed. It was black canary until the other day when poison ivy trailer dropped. Now its definitely between those two

Killer Frost for DLC!!!

I find so strange that every killer frost player I know (Including myself ) thinks poison ivy will be our new main. Ivy reminds me more of Quan chi than Killer frost IMO. That poison kiss looks like a reset that could potentially lead to a vortex but until we play her we wont know. She comes across as a midscreen zoner with some rush down. KF was all about rush down and vortexing you until you're dead. Her zoning was just there to annoy you into making a mistake. Poison Ivy doesn't really play anything like frost IMO.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

I find so strange that every killer player I know (Including myself ) thinks poison ivy will be our new main. Ivy reminds me more of Quan chi than Killer frost IMO. That poison kiss looks like a reset that could potentially lead to a vortex but until we play her we wont know. She comes across as a midscreen zoner with some rush down. KF was all about rush down and vortexing you until you're dead. Her zoning was just there to annoy you into making a mistake. Poison Ivy doesn't really play anything like frost IMO.
Except killer frost wasn't a rushdown character at all lol

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Id say she was more set-play and punish type than a rushdown. But it wasn't just the way she played that was fun, it was that she was a bitch while doing it!

And I'm getting shades of KF in that Ivy Throne she sits in, hehe.

:-P

Except killer frost wasn't a rushdown character at all lol
Explain to me how she's not. In order for Frost to do anything to you she had to get in to get her vortex going. Any character that needs to get in your face to beat you is using rush down to some degree. Killer frost couldn't just ice berg, slide and throw daggers and expect to win.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

There's a difference between rushdown and good up close

Rushdown characters in IGAU were characters like catwoman, Wonder Woman, flash, etc. They had all the tools to rushdown whether it be fast normals/strings, frames traps, etc

Killer Frost was just really good upclose. She had the parry, the mixups, the damage, the slide, etc but she couldn't really rushdown. Outside of her S1 or S2, her strings were too slow. She also had literally no footsies besides b1 or slide. She had really good frame traps but that all complimented her mixup game and not really helped her rush. Once she landed a hit, her vortex game started but that's when it became straight up momentum, not really rushing

I thought of her as a defensive character. She had every single tool she needed to play defense. Very fast high damaging projectile to help zoning, tracking spike to compliment the zoning, a parry to help against the rushers, top 5 d2 in the game to help against the jumpers, MBf3 was gdlk armor, etc. There wasn't really a reason to rush with her when she had all that. Everyone knew what happened once she touched you so just sit back, build the meter and let them come to you.

I remember when some frost players, or even other players, used to tell me they didn't like my play style with her because she was all about the mixups yet I played so lame with her, yet i was still placing tho so clearly I was doing something right lol. The aggressive frost didn't place at all IIRC

Last edited: