What's new

Kevin's Art - now with more Stranger Things!

kevkopdx

Noob
Hello fellow artists/art likers...Ive been wrapped up in photography for so long and decided it was time to start drawing again! For whatever reason, I also got inspired from @Mitsuownes and his cutie icon fiasco. However, I despise Scorpion, so for now I went with my true love, Sindel. (also im a complete @Decay fanboy and love his art)
I mostly do cartoony stuff and my biggest influences are Hergé, Stan Lee, Matt Groening and growing up playing Nintendo.
Below is a drawing of Sindel I did this morning based on a Princess Peach illustration(also shown below).
I love seeing the process behind artwork so I included mine as well--- starting with a rough sketch, line work in Illustrator and coloring in Photoshop.
Ive never done this cutie/chibi style before but it was fun and I might do some other MK ladies. Most likely Tanya next ;)
Let me know what you think! thanks!
Kevin

working in mostly vector for these ones, heres a process pic:

This is a conceptual old time newspaper ad I did inspired by Bioshock Infinite. Irrational Games featured this image on their blog, it was very cool! This is all vector artwork done in Adobe Illustrator and finished in Photoshop.

Here is some weird stuff from my sketchbook:

sketching at work lol:

Last edited:

kevkopdx

Noob
As I said above, I really adore Hergé's work and this illustration is an ode to his life and death. The imagery is a mix of referential material relating to both Hergé and the character Bianca Castafioré, including the opera she sings in the comic books. Everything in this drawing is symbolic. I sketched this in pencil, did the final line work in illustrator and color in photoshop.

kevkopdx

Noob
Ive decided to try to do one of these per day! Ive added Mileena! These are deceptively hard lol... its kind of a fun challenge to really distill these characters down to a few key elements( a testament to the original designers)... The hairdos are particular hard - hopefully the details are enough to make it obvious which character it is. Comments/critiques welcome! thanks for looking! :)

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
I absolutely love your work. It's really fun to look at! Great job with all of them. I wish I had drawing skills. Until then I will continue to admire your art!