What's new

Ketchup & Mustard: Choose Your Destiny -Sonya (mix-up queen)

Slymind

Noob
Another great content from the brothers.

I just hope they add some startup or recovery to that projectile, it seems a bit too good for a character that is already pretty deadly up close.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Sub-Zero's new ice orb actually takes the place of the Ice Klone, it was already confirmed by 16-Bit, so some moves are already not coming back.
Exactly my point so that bodes poorly for things like leg grab if they aren't present at all.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Her offense seems much more fair than the MKX standard tbh. She and Sub were the two mixup oriented characters in the build and they felt pretty balanced. Saying MK11 has no offense is laughable but the offense I experienced in this game is a long long shot from MKX.

The variety of her strings was the most interesting thing about her, and her dmg potential was pretty cool. With that said, for me, she felt like the weakest character in the build despite all the mixups.
Oh ya I wasn't expecting run into mixup into +15 on block follow ups for more mixup MKX offense lol. But I did expect some of the characters to play similar to the style with 50's/loops/+frames/etc. It's fairly obvious at this point that some characters will have incredibly strong offense. Which is fine, as long as that's not the only viable playstyle.

I just found it hilarious that in one day, day -90, so many people declared offense "dead" with no context or substance. More proof than ever that people need to pipe down about characters ability until they actually play for a sustained period of time.

With all that said, F the hate. Sonya looks hella interesting this time around. I like this design better than the prior one(s).

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ha, and people thought Skarlet was strong...

Sonya clearly can still rushdown, good 50/50's and can zone with buddy/her rings. Definitely a versatile character.

Colares

Noob
It's almost mildly embarrassing how much research I've done on every character in the demo build because I haven't even touched the demo yet.

I've just been looking up every scratchy phone cam video from the reveal event looking up frame data and movesets.

Obsessed...

Skarlet is the demo build's only true zoner. Her tentacle move is only -6 which is nuts. Throw in the fact that her low projectile ducks under high projectiles, she has a regular high projectile herself, and she has great mid range strings.

People thought Raiden was a zoner but he has a little bit of many playstyles in his core build just like Scorpion.

That lightning move that Rewind was using against Sonic Fox to zone him out was -19. That's very punishable by things like Slide, Sand Trap, or any rushing special.

Geras is a mid ranged grappler who has great frame data on his moves so he could tick grab and force reactions from mid range like Zangief from Street Fighter. He doesn't play anything like any previous MK character because this will be the first time a character with a far command grab has been featured in a Mortal Kombat past Mk9. Ive theory crafted so many things with him in my head and I'm sure he's going to be a beast. He's definitely who I'm most excited for.

Have you seen the matches from the Brazillian event?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Are we not going to discuss how good her zoning looks when she has that damn robot out?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Are we not going to discuss how good her zoning looks when she has that damn robot out?
Isn’t that just gear tho? I don’t think we’ll have to worry about that competitively if I’m not mistaken.

But I am curious to know if we can cancel short hops into specials. Because if we can, I see Sonya zoning with iaOnion rings lol.

But idk what everyone is complaining about. I like what I see.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Isn’t that just gear tho? I don’t think we’ll have to worry about that competitively if I’m not mistaken.

But I am curious to know if we can cancel short hops into specials. Because if we can, I see Sonya zoning with iaOnion rings lol.

Depending on what NRS does with variations this time around, maybe. Plus, I feel like I heard somewhere that each move will be incorporated into a variation for competive play.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Plus, I feel like I heard somewhere that each move will be incorporated into a variation for competive play.
Yes that is the case. And because this drone special is most likely gonna be for only one Variation specifically, it seems she won't get any more unique moves for that Variation, like with SF Sonya in MKX.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The drone looks like what Poison Ivy's should've been in a perfect world lol.
This.

Also, I think I have no choice to at least have her as a pocket character, she looks really fun to play. I'm not a fan of zoning so I'll only resort to it if I'm being zoned out by the opponent and the Bud-E leap is so freaking cute.

An eye for an eye, bruh.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

Short hops can't be cancelled into specials. It's just one normal

xiskza

Underworld
I mean she always seems to cling onto the top tier, so I wouldnt be surprised if she was once again