What's new

Ketchup and Mustard - EVO Commentary & Competitor Situation

omooba

fear the moobs
I don't believe this is good for the community because we still haven't sektor represented at a tourny by a high level player and he's sooooo slept on and also does this mean you guys are done competing

Lokheit

Noob
I would've liked to see you guys playing but it's awesome that you're doing commentary and your reasoning for not competing makes a lot of sense. I hope you get to comment top8 too in adition to the semis, it would be great.

Last edited:
It sucks you guys won't be playin but I'm happy that hopefully aris isn't gonna be commentating or the NA ESL guys cause we'd be hearing them say "*insert player here* is my favorite player" like we did all of ESL last season

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I think seeing Sektor and/or Cyrax make it far would revitalize this game in a way little else can at this point, and it's a shame you have to make the trade-off between contributing to our community in that manner or the one you've chosen. You've taken the sure bet instead of the gamble though and it's hard not to both respect that choice on its own merit accordingly and essentially any you choice you two put such thought into, as you're both class acts with the best interest of us all always in mind. Hype for your commentary!

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
This is exactly why someone needs to figure out how to time travel...

kantboy-2

Ripper
Last year Ultra David was discovering the game as he commentated and Aris was selling himself more than hyping the game. Send them to Smash or Guilty Gear, or better yet, SFV.

No to them at Top 32 or higher. Pools is fine.

The MK ESL commentators should mix and match for finals/GF.

Can you guys just commentate for the ENTIRE time? You two are the Gordon Solie and Gorilla Monsoon of Mortal Kombat(These two names are for those who are wrestling HISTORIANS, and or they actually had a chance to see the two very best commentators in the world of wrestling, at their peak.)

I usually mute the commentary when anyone else comes on but knowing you two will be there, makes my ears and heart, rejoice with glee.

Edit: Changed "wrestling" to "Mortal Kombat", don't know how that slipped me :p

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Nice to hear you guys there being commentators. In the last ESL seasons, I and my mates heard your comments on those matches.

I was wondering something for a while. Are you guys brothers, @PND_Ketchup and @PND_Mustard ? I saw yours surnames being the same...

Good luck and congrats!

Tweedy

Noob
Last year Ultra David was discovering the game as he commentated and Aris was selling himself more than hyping the game. Send them to Smash or Guilty Gear, or better yet, SFV.

Lol true. I follow Aris, but if you don't, all of the nicknames and shit that he says is probably super confusing. It's like the best guy we can get is just some dude who is making fun of the game.

haketh

Noob

David has been playing MKX since release what

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Last year Ultra David was discovering the game as he commentated
That is total BS. Ultradavid plays and he also talks about MKx all the time on his show. I bet dollars to doughnuts he would be able to out play and be able to pull out more technical info than 90% of this forum.

Ultrdavid is one of the best commentators in the entire FGC with out a doubt.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Was kinda hoping Pig and Brady would be commentating (In addition to Ket and Mus) .

"that's the banana in the pipe hole"

Gets me every time :)

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
As long as I love the twins commenting matches (they're really hype), this means that we'll have little to no Triborg in EVO for sure.

Lokheit

Noob
When it comes to top 8, only EVO are allowed to disclose that information.
Well, I hope given your curriculum with MK commentary and the sacrifice you guys just made by not competing to fully dedicate yourselves to you commentary block (considering you even made top8 with some of the hypest moments last year that's huge) they give you that opportunity!