What's new

Question Kenshi's best anti airs? (MK9)

hey guys, I dont think many of you remember me but i've been around these forums when IGAU released (mostly in the shazam section)

but this week I decided to pick up mk9 and decided to go with Kenshi because (like all my character choices) I love how stylish his moves are.

I have a question about him though: what are his best Anti Airs?

so far I found his Uppercut is pretty bad compared to most of the other cast, then he has db1 and db4 which are ok anti airs but they dont really do the job when you need to react fast.
so how do I punish someone for just jumping around me like a madman?

or are Anti Airs just not as good in Mortal Kombat as they are in Street Fighter? (I'm a streetfighter player originaly)

anyway thanks for helping. I hope Mortal Kombat stays as much fun as it seems so far and that by the time MKX hits I'm adjusted to that darn blockbutton lol

zaf

professor
Just use shoulder in general. Try to use ex shoulder for an anti air cross up as it has armor.
From sweep range when someone jumps as you, use standing 1 or standing 2 into db1.

EDIT: Thread moved to the mk9 kenshi character sub forum

2 + 32>db1 + 32>bf2

if he is crossuping you from one side to another, i usually do enhanced shoulder just to be sure, but i also usually go for d1 anti cross up, followed by same higher written setup.
d1 + db1 + 32>bf2

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Shoulder = extremely consistent, easiest to time, fast
EX Shoulder = gives combo if you are near corner

Standing 1, Standing 2, d1 are all viable and give combos on hit as opposed to shoulder. Kenshi has one of the best d1 anti cross overs btw.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Spacing is key. Most people will try to jump in because they are trying to avoid SC. I normally use B2 if I see them going for a deep jump kick, SC for YOLO jip, and an EX-RK for anti-crossovers.

Kenshi has a good set of AA's but people will be forced to jump at him a lot because his SC and TF. Just space correctly and you should be ok.

Offline db1 can be used on reaction as an anti-air. EX db1 is superior midscreen for anti-crossups with the right timing, because it grants a full combo.

Also, standing21 db1 into f32 charge is very consistent as an aa, however in a lot of matchups, shoulder charge is all you need because the main goal is to force them to not have any options.

Also also, whiffed down 3s work to lower your hitbox and make jumps whiff, this works well with douchebag neanderthals that like to play Kung Lao online.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
Offline db1 can be used on reaction an an anti-air. EX db1 is superior midscreen for anti-crossups with the right timing, because it grants a full combo.

Also, standing21 db1 into f32 charge is very consistent as an aa, however in a lot of matchups, shoulder charge is all you need because the main goal is to force them to not have any options.

Also also, whiffed down 3s work to lower your hitbox and make jumps whiff, this works well with douchebag neanderthals that like to play Kung Lao online.
This. EX RK is really the best for anti-crossups. SC is godly for anti-air if you space it correctly. D3 vs online KL is a must but if needed, you can always armor throu his tele3 or any other for that matter. Spacing and timing is everything for a Kenshi player. There is no real need to use standing 1 or 2, SC is almost all you need for AA and if they jump over it... that just means you miss-timed / spaced it incorrectly.