What's new

Guide - Possessed "Kenshi's 2 Hits of Armor Specials are Broken"

Again I FEEL LIKE NO ONE CLICKED THE DRAGON TWEET LINK WHERE A FUCKING METERLESS NORMAL BEATS A TWO HIT ARMORED OH MOVE
Again I FEEL LIKE NO ONE CLICKED THE DRAGON TWEET LINK WHERE A FUCKING METERLESS NORMAL BEATS A TWO HIT ARMORED OH MOVE
well then that's what you should have complained about. I completely understand that the wake up should not have that glitch but complaining that you can jump over it is rediculous

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
well then that's what you should have complained about. I completely understand that the wake up should not have that glitch but complaining that you can jump over it is rediculous
He wasn't complaining, he was showing that if he were to use another armor move which Pig ALREADY KNEW that people gonna say to do, he would just be easliy blown up as a simple jump over beats them.

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
This is what I have to say. It appears since ex overhead slash has slow startup and doesn't track, it gets beat by advancing normals. Perhaps NRS can fix it by giving it tracking capabilities or maybe even faster startup. Since that's not likely going to happen, this is by no means the end of the world. What do you do if you clearly know they are going to try this anti tech? Wake up block since you know they're not going for a 50/50 (character dependant), or just as easily wakeup ex push since that doesn't get beat by any advancing normals or strings. If they attempt a cross up that beats both ex overhead slash and push, then a a raw push the opposite direction can do the trick, or just armor the opposite direction to be on the safe side. Just to keep in mind, this all depends on if you make the read. If you go for regular armor and they cross you up on a read, then obviously they should be rewarded.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Kenshi's Demon Slice seems to have the tracking of moves like Warlock's Stab, Necromancer's Fist, and Sektor's Up Rockets. It won't track movement for the entirety of the startup frames thus moving quickly one direction will put you out of range. I doubt very much this is a bug, just an unfortunate tracking effect.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Kenshi's Demon Slice seems to have the tracking of moves like Warlock's Stab, Necromancer's Fist, and Sektor's Up Rockets. It won't track movement for the entirety of the startup frames thus moving quickly one direction will put you out of range. I doubt very much this is a bug, just an unfortunate tracking effect.
It doesn't track, it hits in front of Kenshi, regardless of where the opponent is.

E

Eldriken

I don't understand how REO's argument went from "Armored launchers are bad for the game" to "Armor is bad for the game" we honestly need to stop these bullshit witch hunt campaigns. They aren't healthy for the game and they cause nothing but in fighting and I'm sure most of us are sick of it. Secondly, everyone, think for yourself please. Actually look at situations and think of them with your own brain. Don't let other people (REGARDLESS of their skill level, veteranship of NRS games or anything like that) think for you. You can look at other people's opinions and agree with them, that's fine, but THINK about the problem at hand dammit. I am sick and tired of the mindless follow the leader game we've been playing. I wont lie, I've done it before too but I've stopped because I realized how idiotic it all is. Just fucking use your brain independently of others. Lastly, to refer to the bug that Kenshi is having, this is something that a lot of characters with double hitting armor have had. These moves were not originally designed with double armor in mind so the active frames of the armor only last one hit a lot of the time because that's how it was designed and NRS decided "Let's not change it so the armor active frames are longer so you get both hits." Instead we have shit like this happening where the armor might as well not exist at all. Rant fucking over.
This. I rarely ever get both hits of armor from EX db3 or EX db2 in War God. The active frames for the armor don't last long enough at all. It's almost effin' pointless. I really believe that's what is going on with Kenshi's wakeup.

CrazyFingers

This. I rarely ever get both hits of armor from EX db3 or EX db2 in War God. The active frames for the armor don't last long enough at all. It's almost effin' pointless. I really believe that's what is going on with Kenshi's wakeup.
It happens with Leatherface too sometimes and it pisses me off. Tho Bo's seems completely fine which is nice I guess.

E

Eldriken

It happens with Leatherface too sometimes and it pisses me off. Tho Bo's seems completely fine which is nice I guess.
I think it's only specific characters that this applies to. It seems like the active frames on armor is not universal at all. Some characters have decent active frames while others have absolutely garbage active frames.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
What are you even talking about

We aren't talking MUs at all

Everyone can do this it seems, so u mean every MU?

Btw your Quan is I found out is armor duration. Armor active for a certain amount of frames
ah ok, that makes sense.

yeah I know, the armour doesnt last until the active frames. They patched it with Takeda, they need to do the same with quan

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
I don't understand how REO's argument went from "Armored launchers are bad for the game" to "Armor is bad for the game" we honestly need to stop these bullshit witch hunt campaigns. They aren't healthy for the game and they cause nothing but in fighting and I'm sure most of us are sick of it. Secondly, everyone, think for yourself please. Actually look at situations and think of them with your own brain. Don't let other people (REGARDLESS of their skill level, veteranship of NRS games or anything like that) think for you. You can look at other people's opinions and agree with them, that's fine, but THINK about the problem at hand dammit. I am sick and tired of the mindless follow the leader game we've been playing. I wont lie, I've done it before too but I've stopped because I realized how idiotic it all is. Just fucking use your brain independently of others. Lastly, to refer to the bug that Kenshi is having, this is something that a lot of characters with double hitting armor have had. These moves were not originally designed with double armor in mind so the active frames of the armor only last one hit a lot of the time because that's how it was designed and NRS decided "Let's not change it so the armor active frames are longer so you get both hits." Instead we have shit like this happening where the armor might as well not exist at all. Rant fucking over.
Preach it man. Like I said in an earlier post, this whole Dave vs Reo thing became a debate war between two camps- "We want armor!" and "Nerf Armor!". And it sucks seeing people take any known players' words religiously without thinking for themselves.

Day one of patch, everyone had kenshi at shit tier because of pig's freakout, and two days later, possessed is top five lmao

Great post, nice to read something good on this aids thread xD

CrazyFingers

Preach it man. Like I said in an earlier post, this whole Dave vs Reo thing became a debate war between two camps- "We want armor!" and "Nerf Armor!". And it sucks seeing people take any known players' words religiously without thinking for themselves.

Day one of patch, everyone had kenshi at shit tier because of pig's freakout, and two days later, possessed is top five lmao

Great post, nice to read something good on this aids thread xD
Just speaking my mind.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Whoa whoa. I have heard MKX called a great many things before but I have never heard it called a great game before. REO is probably one of the smartest players we have in this scene. You would do well to listen to his opinions. I'm not saying you have to agree with him, but you should at least listen to, and think about what he has to say.
This. This right the fuck here.

Can I ask you guys all a question?

WHAT THE FUCK HAS HAPPENED TO THIS COMMUNITY?
Are you all on drugs?
Like, actual hard line nose cartilage eating will turn you into a godless heathen drugs?
What are we even talking about here? Pig, the definitive Kenshi player of the last five years - and you can say whatever you want about him, public opinion doesn't negate facts, the man is the literal face of Kenshi when it comes to competitive MK - tries to gain ground on a serious issue pertaining to the new meta and whatnot...and it devolves into rhetoric and slander over Reo supposedly ruining MKX? Who in the blue fuck among any of us outside of the people who actually built and designed this game has done more to help educate and inform the community than Reo since the beginning? Since even before Yomi took over the scene and the game's lifespan played out as it has thus far, aside from a few choice cut Kombatants like Ketchup and Mustard and the like, Reo has been the fucking Gandalf The White of this game. While SonicFox has been laying waste to tournaments and making everyone look like fools, guys like Reo and Pig and Brady (WHO REALLY NEEDS TO ANSWER MY CHALLENGE I WANT MY FIGHT BRADY OKAY MOVING ON) have been on point every chance they get to break this game we love down and help everyone stay competitive, and this is the best that can be summed up out of it? Another six or seven pages of mindless bitching and bantering?
Where is the work? The hunger? The fighting spirit? Why is it that instead of taking an issue like this one and breaking it down and figuring out how the hell to get around it that we're sitting here throwing barbs back and forth like fucking politicians? I feel like Mugatu in Zoolander when he screamed at everyone who was mesmerized by Derek in spite of the fact that he only had one damn look; I see this go on, and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

If any of you reading this taking part in this mess of a debate still regard yourselves as competitive MK players, then you all need to stop worrying about what Pig or Reo are doing or trying to get done about this, and start worrying about what YOU AS A PLAYER are going to do about it.
And that goes fucking DOUBLE, TRIPLE AND QUADRAGODDAMNDUPLE for all you Kenshi players both in the public eye and lurking in the shadows. I may have not gotten to make a tournament since last year's Summer Jam because my real life has been a swirling torrent of chaos and misery, but i have lived, breathed and eaten this fucking game every chance I've gotten since, and if I can be as comfortable, capable, happy, and WAY the hell more confident in myself now than I was before the patch and adapting to the game as it exists now, then I really don't know what more can be done or said.

You all make me wish I was drunk.
I love you guys, but come the hell on.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
yes i understand theres a glitch but make the thread about that glitch instead of some bs you can jump over all his wakeups.
Your name describes you well

The thread title is the subject I'm speaking about

People said this move is OP and broken, that's the subject. It's implied there's nothing you can do about it. Brush up that reading level son

Belial

Noob
For years Kenshi players have been suffering. Led by our prophet Lord Pig of the Hutterly Rock we strived for tournament success but only found pain. They stroke us by lightinng and Bo-staffs, they spinned us, they yolo-rolled, kunai-trapped us and tail-mixuped us. And yet we persevered. Even though with every patch last shreds of any chance for salvation diminished, like dust in the wind. We were true in our faith. We believed that one day our sincere prayer for buff will be answered and so the last will be first, and the first last.

Finally it felt The Nether Gods smiled upon us. They gave us sign, for once, we got to enjoy the brokeness of endless vortex and free get-out-of-jail armor. Sweet taste of winning a round... an excitement at possibility to win a match. And the bravest even dared to cherish a dream of taking Kenshi to a tournament... it was an era of renaissance, true union of Kenshi players, where we rejoiced and smiled at whatever projectiles fate may throw at us...

But was it gods in gods plans to upraise us or have we misread the signs? We should have known by the way Balanced and Cuckjitsu was made that our hope was a false one. That Possessed belongs with the other two. Gods love trinity, after all.

And so it ends as it has begun, as it has been, and will always be - in tears....

...SNIP...

You all make me wish I was drunk.
I love you guys, but come the hell on.
Because this isn't a tech thread, it's a blowup thread with some tech. Main focus from the get-go was to call people stupid. So of course the ensuing discussion people aren't going to look at it objectively, because it's now a zero-sum game in which admitting to being wrong is now a mark against Thy Sacred Honor.

Same problem in another thread a while ago where instead of disagreeing like actual mature adults, people in this sub-forum treated it like personal attacks and responded with personal attacks.

Man, some of you guys are taking serious genuine offense when someone says Kenshi might be OK.

Bloody hell.
Source

But yeah, anyway. Here's pretty much this same exact thread, except it's just posted with "hey, look. Tech. You can blow up Kenshi's wakeup with it!"

https://testyourmight.com/threads/how-to-blow-up-possessed-kenshis-wakeup.61943/

I mean, tell me it's not the terrible way this issue was brought up, when clearly it makes a difference in how people respond to it.