What's new

Guide - Possessed "Kenshi's 2 Hits of Armor Specials are Broken"

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
So just jump?

I am unfamiliar with this patch. Do you have anytime to input the wakeup the other way to blow up the jump?

Excuse my ignorance I am just curious.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast

@YOMI REO apologize @General M2Dave make him

This is a blow up

"Pig just use the ex OH shoulder since Kitana f2, tremor f1 and other characters blow ex df4 up without using any resources and you spent yours" - community 2016

@PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard this is why we don't

And for more "dealing w broken ex df4" see this amazing tech https://twitter.com/dragon_fgc/status/786746629743345664

Credit to dragon and @Red Raptor who spend time labbing

If you guys need me I'll be right here
This is an abomination pig....

Its "apaulogize"

Thread invalid

:DOGE

snort

Noob
You can njp those jump overs for a full combo on wakeup if you bait them. They'd have to respect your ex wakeup plus your njp.. or d2.

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
You can njp those jump overs for a full combo on wakeup if you bait them. They'd have to respect your wakeup plus your njp.. or d2.
Uhh... How exactly do you bait a jump over when you're knocked down? Also no you're not punishing those jump overs with an NJP unless the opponent is like 0 on hit as he does it.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Uhh... How exactly do you bait a jump over when you're knocked down? Also no you're not punishing those jump overs with an NJP unless the opponent is like 0 on hit as he does it.
its the same way you read a cross over when they think you are gonna EX Punchwalk on wakeup. It happens alot.

So I would just do a U1 on wakeup. Kenshi can more than likely do a S1, that hitbox is amazing. Depending on the knockdown advantage of course.

But I agree no special that goes in front, should never whiff up close.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
its the same way you read a cross over when they think you are gonna EX Punchwalk on wakeup. It happens alot.

So I would just do a U1 on wakeup. Kenshi can more than likely do a S1, that hitbox is amazing. Depending on the knockdown advantage of course.

Tremor's shatter has felt this pain for awhile now *smh* come on NRS.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky

But it's not really baiting then is it? Baiting involves you doing something to force a specific reaction from the opponent. Whether to do a wakeup attack or not is just a read.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
I dont see a problem. Armor is not intended to be an answer to everything. If they know you are gonna armor then they should be able to jump over it or bait it some how to punish, you dont get to wake up for free. Tremor has the same problem, cross up blows up straight punch and magma blast for free.

granted, kenshi has other problems that tremor does not share, but that street goes both ways. Are Kenshis flaws really so glaring that he needs to be immune to oki pressure via a safe 'does it all' armored move? I heard people talking like posessed might be top 5 or capable of taking a major with this patch (in a podcast you yourself was involved with.) All of that is out the window now that your wake up can be read? just like pretty much all the other armor except ermac?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
But it's not really baiting then is it? Baiting involves you doing something to force a specific reaction from the opponent. Whether to do a wakeup attack or not is just a read.
It kinda is baiting, they are afraid of something that you could do. In this particular case they are both baiting each other.

I guess it could just be a read, but since this is widely known now the Kenshi play can "bait" this tech and punish them for going for this. Either it being a NJP or a S1.

haketh

Noob
No 2 hit armored special should lose to point blank Kitana f2

Sit down and think about that
Oh hell yeah I want that fixed & things being able to advance past it fixed really bad. I just don't think it should be plus at all. I don't understand why the Ghost isn't static for this move so things like F2 don't ignore the move.