What's new

Kenshi Teleport Punish Thread (Revisited)

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
Before the TYM wipe, there was an awesome discussion detailing the correct ways of punishing each character's teleports. Pig of the Hut had posted a video which discussed punishing Raiden's teleport, as well as dealing with Kung Lao teleport schnanigans.

I would hate to see this wonderful information go to waste, so perhaps we could come together and rehash the info?

gdf

Noob
Hold down and block to beat Kung Lao's teleport 3.

For Raiden, counterattack when the teleport goes down to his knees.

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
Hold down and block to beat Kung Lao's teleport 3.

For Raiden, counterattack when the teleport goes down to his knees.
As far as I'm aware, you do the reverse input for SC for Raiden, right?

Also, for Kung Lao, D3ing the Tele3 will cause him to whiff and leave him open for an SC.

gdf

Noob

Also, for Kung Lao, D3ing the Tele3 will cause him to whiff and leave him open for an SC.
Yes I think so. It's been awhile since that video. It might be on his youtube channel.

EDIT: Here we go.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
As far as Kung Lao's teleport, you can also walk forward when he teleports and all of his teleport attacks will miss you.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations

The most guaranteed punish for raiden is SC, yes, but there are more ways to go about punishing him. 1 1 RK is preferred for several reasons.

While it may not by guaranteed to hit him, if he tries to do ANYTHING other than low poke, he will get hit with 1 1 before he can hit you. You can confirm 1 1 into RK. If it's blocked, you can stop 1 1 into pressure, or continue into 1 1 4 SC for chip and spacing.

The reason you shouldn't get used to 1 1 4 as a punish is because if he teleports and jumps, the 1 1 WILL hit him in the air and you can confirm into RK. But if you're inputting 1 1 4, the 4 will whiff and you'll lose your punish. So stick with 1 1 confirmed into RK for both ground and air punishes. Once he starts low poking after teleports, THEN switch to SC. Then he has to block everytime, and you can take a throw or mixup.