What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi Hot Fixes

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
I feel like the majority of this character has been buffed. What are your thoughts on the changes?

• Kenshi – 1 has 9 startup frames (down from 11)
  • Kenshi – 1,1,4 can no longer be special canceled
  • Kenshi – D1 has 8 startup frames (down from 9)
  • Kenshi (Balanced) – Spirit Charge / Push has 2 more active frames & more pushback on block
  • Kenshi (Balanced) – Tele-Flurry / Tele-Beatdown is now -9 on block (up from -24)
  • Kenshi (Possessed) – Reduced the hitbox on Sickle Lift
  • Kenshi (Possessed) – Demon Assault / Demon Fury is now -23 on block (up from -33)
  • Kenshi (Possessed) – Soul Push / Charge now has 11 startup frames (down from 14)
  • Kenshi (Possessed) – Demon Slam / Drop is now -6 on block (up from -21)
  • Kenshi (Kenjutsu) – Increased Tele-Slam damage by 5
  • Kenshi (Kenjutsu) – Increased Tele-Toss / Strikes damage by 3
  • Kenshi (Kenjutsu) - Tele-Push / Blast now has 12 startup frames (down from 15) & is -13 on block (up from -9)
  • Kenshi (Kenjutsu)—Tele-dash toss is now a high block.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
With that d1 being a frame faster does it make that d1 lift no longer a just frame? also with the demon slam being safer that give ken the need 50/50 he didnt have?

Last edited:
omg im not on my game right now but please tell me the demon slam was his low special?!? please do. because now i can FINALLY go back to playing kenshi!!!!

and have these updates finally hit psn yet? not sure if they came with tanya or not because if so we dont get her till wee hours of the morning

Nikita

Niksan
rly? omg... netherrealm think: "raiden is OP.... Let's nerf Kenshi"

rly? omg... netherrealm think: "raiden is OP.... Let's nerf Kenshi"
Dude, with everything that they did for him they can have that 114 cancel. Besides, if you were playing kenjutsu you didnt need it. Trust me, kenshi is a beast now.

Nikita

Niksan
Dude, with everything that they did for him they can have that 114 cancel. Besides, if you were playing kenjutsu you didnt need it. Trust me, kenshi is a beast now.
In kenjutsu corner punish. 114 rk d1 1 1 1 1 43 teletos. (start with 1) Very easy link d1 after 114rk
Also easy link for midscreen d1 after 114rk

In kenjutsu corner punish. 114 rk d1 1 1 1 1 43 teletos. (start with 1) Very easy link d1 after 114rk
Also easy link for midscreen d1 after 114rk
That combo has to be before the patch.

Im not saying the 114 cancel has no merrit. Im saying that with all the good they did for kenshi i dont mind that this particular cancel doesn't work now.

Thanks tho.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
My thoughts on possessed changes.

Very happy with possessed demon slam being safe. He's now got some low dmg safe 50/50 pressure with his demon slam and overhead demon. It can become high dmg with mb demon slam, so it's very useful for conditioning the opponent with the overhead demon then pulling out the mb low demon.

Not happy about sickle lift hitbox being reduced. I hope it doesn't affect my ability to anti-air with it.

Soul push and demon assault changes are nice, will make them more useful.

Two complaints)
1) They did not change the frames on his unique normal f4. There's aboslutely no reason to use this normal over demon slam. It serves zero purpose for a unique normal.
2) Possessed still has abysmal meterless dmg. No strong meterless punish ability.

Last edited:
Not too happy about the kenjutsu changes tele push being 12 frames doesnt counteract it being even worse on block along with tele toss being high I think. But I like the increased damage and better d1 overall good job on kenshi NRS

How is this character now after the patch? I fought one today and it felt like almost fucking mk9 kenshi again.....granted, i dont know this character since i dont use him and pre patch i was wasnt running into him. Maybe i just gotta learn his shit now lol