What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi EX Parry is USELESS!!!

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Does Kenshi's parry not serve the same purpose? You can't zone kenshi because he can reflect or absorb it.
The difference is Kotal's parry is clutch from anywhere on the screen. Fullscreen, Midscreen and up close. With Kenshi you just get full combo punished. With Kotal you better hope he drops his combo lmao

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
um sure? if your argument is 'different purpose' then that is fucking dense. Sub zeros parry serves a different purpose, not jacquis. absorbing a projectile, unless she turned it into health, is literally a blatant downgrade from parrying one. both moves stop projectiles, yours just also sends one back.

they all serve the same purpose, counter zoning. except when you do it, and takeda and kitana, they have to respect it, when jacqui absorbs a projectile its a big fat so what. just throw another. 11 frame start up is ass. On top of that all 3 of those characters have projectiles of their own to contest zoning with, HT and SG jacqui cant do shit from full screen. it doesnt recover health, doesnt do shit to melee attacks, doesnt build tons of meter, and doesnt put a threat on the screen.

yeah, means it takes longer to recover when you guess wrong with your slow as fuck 11 frame parry.
You don't just parry when you feel like it. You do it on reaction to a projectile. So unless your blind like Kenshi there's no need to guess if your opponent is firing a projectile

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
> Whines about Kenshi
> Kenshi gets buffes and a new special move
> Whines about the new special move

Kenshi's forum is ,by far, the most entitled and ungrateful bunch of children in this entire board.

Darth-Nero

I mean if the new move you get isn't all that good or doesn't work right, I bet you'd be complaining about it too.
Raiden got mostly overlooked in XL yet not a peep out of us, If it was Raiden who got the new special we wouldn've been having an orgy in the lab with it rather than crying about it just two weeks from release.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Raiden got mostly overlooked in XL yet not a peep out of us, If it was Raiden who got the new special we wouldn've been having an orgy in the lab with it rather than crying about it just two weeks from release.
Okay but what if your new move's EX version wasn't working as intended and gave you no benefit to using it such as with Kenshi's EX Parry?

Immortal

Blind justice....
> Whines about Kenshi
> Kenshi gets buffes and a new special move
> Whines about the new special move

Kenshi's forum is ,by far, the most entitled and ungrateful bunch of children in this entire board.
What exactly are u bringing into this discussion? Nothing, you just "whine" that people here "whine". Makes no sense, stay in Raiden forums and be happy. I don't remember us coming to Raiden forums and writing you're all bunch of whiners and there was a time when that could've been written (after F1 or F2 nerf, don't remember exactly nor do i care now).

Lets make few things clear:

- Kenshi EX Reflect was always useless, wasting a bar for very little gain of HP seemed always like a bad design choice. No one really used (nor uses it now) that move, it was always a waste of bar.

- Adding parry to reflect move is really good especially that its quite fast now and can lead into some really hype situations with proper reads.

- At this point it's highly unlikely they will ever fix EX reflect but honestly i don't see a problem here, nobody really used that special to begin with, its the same situation like with many totally useless strings that Kenshi has.

- People who just come to Kenshi forums to write how ungrateful / bad / whining people are here should just leave and don't bother, there is like ZERO sense in writing such a message unless you want to start a shitstorm in which case -> just gtfo.

Last edited:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Okay but what if your new move's EX version wasn't working as intended and gave you no benefit to using it such as with Kenshi's EX Parry?

This move is working as intended.

It is intentional that you only gain health from absorbing a projectile. It also recovers faster so Kenshi can go into another special move. For example, he could absorb a projectile and then punish them during their recovery with a special move or he could do an EX reflect to absorb the first of a two part EX projectile and then use reflect after to absorb the second.

omooba

fear the moobs
I'm sorry bro. But Kotal's parry is 1billion times more useful than Kenshis loooool.

You Esentially can't zone Kotal. Especially now with EX Pizza eating every projectile. STAHP
so what you're saying is because my parry makes your projectile disappear it's better than yours that sends it back? okay then
also if you watch that little ceo tournament's top 8. you'll see forever king get zoned out

coconutshrimp

This move is working as intended.

It is intentional that you only gain health from absorbing a projectile. It also recovers faster so Kenshi can go into another special move. For example, he could absorb a projectile and then punish them during their recovery with a special move or he could do an EX reflect to absorb the first of a two part EX projectile and then use reflect after to absorb the second.
Lord 16 Bit I take back what I said about EX Parry/Reflect being useless and not working as intended. EX Reflect may be useful vs Mileena actually with this. But thanks for telling us this.

coconutshrimp

so what you're saying is because my parry makes your projectile disappear it's better than yours that sends it back? okay then
also if you watch that little ceo tournament's top 8. you'll see forever king get zoned out
He was talking about your parry currently as Kotal EX Pizza now absorbs projectiles like Ferra Toss. That and on top of the fact that you recover instantly and get a damage buff is why it's better than Kenshi's.

Darth-Nero

What exactly are u bringing into this discussion? Nothing, you just "whine" that people here "whine". Makes no sense, stay in Raiden forums and be happy. I don't remember us coming to Raiden forums and writing you're all bunch of whiners and there was a time when that could've been written (after F1 or F2 nerf, don't remember exactly nor do i care now).
Calm down immortal, Am here as a pocket Kenshi not as a troll who adds insult to injury (not that there is any legit injury). Post-patch kenshi is as good as it gets and i feel grateful that NRS gave him that much attention in times when many others were getting heavy nerfs.
Threads like this are damaging, it's why NRS wouldn't be blamed when they turn deaf ears to changes requests. Specially legit ones.

As for the EX parry, Read 16 bit comment.
The complaints about Kenshi's parry are only relative to other character's parry, which is a the usual logical fallacy ( "x" character got this so why can't "y" character get also?)

Immortal

Blind justice....
Calm down immortal, Am here as a pocket Kenshi not as a troll who adds insult to injury (not that there is any legit injury). Post-patch kenshi is as good as it gets and i feel grateful that NRS gave him that much attention in times when many others were getting heavy nerfs.
Threads like this are damaging, it's why NRS wouldn't be blamed when they turn deaf ears to changes requests. Specially legit ones.

As for the EX parry, Read 16 bit comment.
The complaints about Kenshi's parry are only relative to other character's parry, which is a the usual logical fallacy ( "x" character got this so why can't "y" character get also?)
I was and i'm calm. We just don't need another shitstorm which TYM is full of lately. As for EX parry i don't agree completely with 16bit and i still think you will never see it used in real (tournament) match. 16 bit is also the person who wrote that last patch notes were complete and if somebody thinks its not then they're imagining things (that was first option). And there was like 1/3 of notes missing, so yeah...

I do however agree that logic - "x" character got this so why can't "y" character get it also? - is faulty. And yes Kenshi is fine, people just need to stop playing Balanced and complaining, that variation is dead, Kenjutsu and Possessed are decent thou.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
New db2 startup helps to reflect things better. Prepatch, reflecting some projectiles was almost a read, now it's always reaction.
Exdb2 use for reflect is there as 16 bit said, but is very situational and rarely worthy of using a bar, specially when your character meter is what keeps you alive (have Balanced in mind).

The problem with db2 used as a parry, is that it requires you to be a jedi, considering in most cases you have to parry a full sequence of attacks to be able to succesfully cancel into db1. Even if you were that Jedi, it's useless versus characters that have lows as starters, or in the middle of their strings. It may have some specific uses as we commented in another thread, like parrying Takeda's overhead tornado into full combo (which otherwise you couldn't punish) but in general it's an unreliable tool.

This is the only "specific" buff Balanced Kenshi got, and it's really disappointing that all his other specials, that are the source of his problems, were ignored. We still get full combo punished by many characters for a blocked bf2 at mid range. We still get full combo punished and even put into reset situations by whiffing a 9% space control move as bf3... At this point I'm sure this is nrs way to say us: "We don't want you to use Balanced".

It's like if you have a shotgun that jams, you ask an expert to fix it and he just cleans the surface: yes, the weapon will look nicer, but it will still jam.

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
this move is probably better than kotal parry.

Kotal's parry has had a bug since release where the ability to cancel it into another attack, and the damage buff, doesn't happen if the parry and attack land on the same frame. Basically, Kotal lands a successful parry yet gets none of the benefits. At least kenshi's reflect has glorious active frames and a huge ass cancel window. Entitled kenshi mains...maaaaaaan

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Tbh ex reflect should give a minor dmg buff an possibly have a stacking option on physical parried attacks. Best example is one successful ex parry into another gives a 5 percent dmg buff for a duration of 10 seconds.