What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi EX Parry is USELESS!!!

omooba

fear the moobs
Doesn't quite do what kotal's parry does. When you parry, you get to immedietely hit them with your combo starter, say 114 EX Air grab for 40%. Kenshi has to cancel into another special like RK, fair cause Kotal doesn't have any launchers right? Okay well how come it's fair that you can get a damage buff on top of that 40% combo doing even more damage, while us Kenshi players are doing MAX around 33% 1 bar and we don't get to damage buff like you do, we can't use normals immedietly after a parry like you can, keep in mind like http://testyourmight.com/threads/kenshis-crappy-damage-scales-are-still-there.59024/ this thread says our launchers that we start our parry combos from have double scaling than intended cause someone at NRS dun goofed. So don't even be like "Your parry does what Kotal's does."
bruuuuuh. aight it doesn't do everything kotals does close range, but it's easier to hit cus you can go into ex lift after for armor. and yours has a fullsceen presence against zoners. so what i'm hearing is yours does half of what mine does debatably better and still does his own shit. fuckoutahere lol

Lokheit

Noob
bruuuuuh. aight it doesn't do everything kotals does close range, but it's easier to hit cus you can go into ex lift after for armor. and yours has a fullsceen presence against zoners. so what i'm hearing is yours does half of what mine does debatably better and still does his own shit. fuckoutahere lol
The thing is, if we're going to use the armored move anyway and parrying doesn't give us any buff... why not just armor from the beginning instead if the result is the same? Basically, it seems like making our projectile reflect also a parry didn't change things too much when it won't exploit armorable gaps and most times you're going to use armor anyway to take advantage from it.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Yours also has a fullscreen presence against zoners cause you render their projectiles moot, while giving you a temporary damage buff, your EX Parry has a purpose while ours is useless, you recover instantly from any parried move, projectile or not so characters like Mileena per say, can't throw a sai, and then tele punish the recovery like she can with Kenshi. Easier to hit cause you can do armor after? WTF did you even just say? Are you a retard? If I parry them, why would I need to cancel into armor to punish them? Lmao fuckouttahere

Major Moron74

I'm not paying for your beliefs
i'm right you're both wrong lol just agree to disagree unless you think kenshi's parry isn't better than kahn's in which case like i said before fuckoutahere
Wait let me get this straight... are you seriously implying that Kenshi's reflect is better?

Major Moron74

yes yes i am
only a moron would think otherwise (sincerely apologize couldn't stop myself)
Dudebro that was hilarious but for real have you ever even played Kenshi? I find it hard to believe anyone who's played even one match with him thinks that his reflect is even mildly useful.

omooba

fear the moobs
Dudebro that was hilarious but for real have you ever even played Kenshi? I find it hard to believe anyone who's played even one match with him thinks that his reflect is even mildly useful.
i have but to be honest other that kitana i've played him the least so i'm 75% likely to be wrong. but when i do play him i find the reflect useful fullscreen. never used it up close though

Major Moron74

i have but to be honest other that kitana i've played him the least so i'm 75% likely to be wrong. but when i do play him i find the reflect useful fullscreen. never used it up close though
It's definitely a helpful full screen tool but from my experience whenever you throw it out up close it's just asking to be punished :( maybe I'm just not good enough lol. We'll see if pig or any other Kenshi players pull off some hype parries.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
I'm sorry bro. But Kotal's parry is 1billion times more useful than Kenshis loooool.

You Esentially can't zone Kotal. Especially now with EX Pizza eating every projectile. STAHP

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Her parry serves a different purpose. It's a projectile absorb not a parry.
um sure? if your argument is 'different purpose' then that is fucking dense. Sub zeros parry serves a different purpose, not jacquis. absorbing a projectile, unless she turned it into health, is literally a blatant downgrade from parrying one. both moves stop projectiles, yours just also sends one back.

they all serve the same purpose, counter zoning. except when you do it, and takeda and kitana, they have to respect it, when jacqui absorbs a projectile its a big fat so what. just throw another. 11 frame start up is ass. On top of that all 3 of those characters have projectiles of their own to contest zoning with, HT and SG jacqui cant do shit from full screen. it doesnt recover health, doesnt do shit to melee attacks, doesnt build tons of meter, and doesnt put a threat on the screen.

Not really jacquis is active for ages
yeah, means it takes longer to recover when you guess wrong with your slow as fuck 11 frame parry.

Levaranoia

War God
I'm sorry bro. But Kotal's parry is 1billion times more useful than Kenshis loooool.

You Esentially can't zone Kotal. Especially now with EX Pizza eating every projectile. STAHP
Does Kenshi's parry not serve the same purpose? You can't zone kenshi because he can reflect or absorb it.